Windows 10: SFC scanning

Discus and support SFC scanning in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am trying to reset my PC and it keeps failing. so i read that if i SFC scan it may fix my problem, when I try to use command sfc /scannow it says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mikecollina, Mar 3, 2021.

1. SFC scanning

I am trying to reset my PC and it keeps failing. so i read that if i SFC scan it may fix my problem, when I try to use command sfc /scannow it says this, "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.". So I read that if I type, net start trustedinstaller, it may solve my problem. But when I use that command it says this, "System error 2 has occurred.

The system cannot find the file specified.". So I don't know what I can do to fix my problem. Also do you believe resetting my PC is the best way to rid of any viruses.

Sincerely, Mike.

:)

mikecollina, Mar 3, 2021
  2. PaulPChou Win User

SFC scan and DISM restorehealth scan

1. After the sfc scan, restart

2. Run the restorehealth scan and restart after the scan is finished

3. Run the sfc scan again and it will say: no integrated violations found

Does those steps fix the Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them?

PaulPChou, Mar 3, 2021
  3. PaulPChou Win User

I want clarification about the SFC scan. When it states: no integrated violations found, that means I do not have to worry about anything, right? My device is issue free? I did the sfc scan this week and it has replaced corrupted files. I contacted the Answer
    Desk and ask how to have it say: no integrated violations found, an agent gave me the troubleshooting steps below.

I went to 1709 last year via the in-place upgrade but went back to 1703 because
    Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. 1703 didn't have that issue at that time. My question is: Will the three steps fix
    Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them? I mean will it say: no integrated violations found by performing the three steps?
    I found on support site to manually replace them, which I do not know how to do.

I am going to clean install my device to 1709.

PaulPChou, Mar 3, 2021
  4. PaulPChou Win User

SFC scanning

Does those steps fix the Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them?

So, if my system is fine, then nothing to worry about? Then why can't Microsoft fix the things you mentioned? Puzzling me.

PaulPChou, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

SFC scanning

1. SFC scanning - Similar Threads - SFC scanning

2. SFC scan error and DISM stuck at 62.3% and then giving error later. Internet not working...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SFC scan error and DISM stuck at 62.3% and then giving error later. Internet not working...: DISM and SFC scans are returning this error along with other issues occuring like net not being accessed correctly by all apps and windows update service maybe being faulty.I have tried everything to resolve it but "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" gets stuck at...
  3. SFC scan error and DISM stuck at 62.3% and then giving error later. Internet not working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC scan error and DISM stuck at 62.3% and then giving error later. Internet not working...: DISM and SFC scans are returning this error along with other issues occuring like net not being accessed correctly by all apps and windows update service maybe being faulty.I have tried everything to resolve it but "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" gets stuck at...
  4. Corrupted files in sfc scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted files in sfc scan: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C: Windows Logs \CBS\CBS.log. For offline repairs, details are included in the log...
  5. Corrupted files in sfc scan

Corrupted files in sfc scan: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C: Windows Logs \CBS\CBS.log. For offline repairs, details are included in the log...
  6. I need help my wof drivers have an issue i tried restarting and dmsi commands and sfc scan now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help my wof drivers have an issue i tried restarting and dmsi commands and sfc scan now: so one day i was putting my windows pc to sleep and it was taking a bit and i had to run so i powered it off from the pc button whcih shut it down. Fast forward a day and the icons are becoming rectangles, the pc is slow, etc. what do i do?? theres a notification saying it...
  7. I need help my wof drivers have an issue i tried restarting and dmsi commands and sfc scan now

I need help my wof drivers have an issue i tried restarting and dmsi commands and sfc scan now: so one day i was putting my windows pc to sleep and it was taking a bit and i had to run so i powered it off from the pc button whcih shut it down. Fast forward a day and the icons are becoming rectangles, the pc is slow, etc. what do i do?? theres a notification saying it...
  8. SFC scan found corrupt files but can't fix it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC scan found corrupt files but can't fix it.: I need help, I've rebooted my Pc 3 times now but everything still crashes. Even with a clean state it says I still have corrupt files. I have no idea what to do.Browser crashes after 5 minutes, Steam and games crashes every time I load it up. I basically can't use the pc...
  9. SFC scan found corrupt files but can't fix it.

SFC scan found corrupt files but can't fix it.: I need help, I've rebooted my Pc 3 times now but everything still crashes. Even with a clean state it says I still have corrupt files. I have no idea what to do.Browser crashes after 5 minutes, Steam and games crashes every time I load it up. I basically can't use the pc...
  10. SFC scan found corrupt files but can't fix it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging