Windows 10: SFC/SCANNOW and DISM found errors, but couldnt fix them

Discus and support SFC/SCANNOW and DISM found errors, but couldnt fix them in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. My laptop become slower and slower every year, but seeing my father's PC running Windows 10 flawlessly with about a half of my laptop specs,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by andreisavesu, Dec 5, 2014.

1. SFC/SCANNOW and DISM found errors, but couldnt fix them

Hello. My laptop become slower and slower every year, but seeing my father's PC running Windows 10 flawlessly with about a half of my laptop specs, I've started to wonder if i'm doing something wrong. Therefore, searching the forums, I've found that i could run a sfc/scannow and if this is not working, i could run dism /online.../restorehealth command. To be honest i'm not a windows genius and i don't know much about sfc/scannow except it find and fix some windows errors. About the dism command i have absolutely no ideea. I've runned both of them and both found errors that couldn't fix. I've seen there are people that can 'read' those logs and can explain what's wrong to noobs like me. In the link below you'll find the logs for both of them and a picture with command prompt message.
    I'm running Windows 10 build 9879 on a Lenovo B560, i3-370m processor, 6GB RAM if you need this information.
    Thanks in advice. I hope someone can help me fix these issues.
    Andrei Savescu.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...t=folder%2clog

:)

andreisavesu, Dec 5, 2014
  2. Bill 2271 Win User

SFC scannow finds errors but does not fix them

Bill 2271, Dec 5, 2014
  3. SFC scannow finds errors but does not fix them

It shouldn't exit automatically.Running Command prompt as administrator then typing in SFC /scannow should produce the output.

Sumit Dhiman2, Dec 5, 2014
  4. Petey7 Win User

SFC/SCANNOW and DISM found errors, but couldnt fix them

I don't know much about DISM, but with SFC, you typically want to run it, then restart at least 3 times. If on the 4th time you run it, it still finds errors, best bet might be a clean install. Hopefully someone else can give more specific advice.

Petey7, Dec 6, 2014
  5. usasma Win User
    As for the DISM errors, the problem is that it doesn't have access to the source - those files that were used to install Win10.
    You can specify the location of the source when running DISM - but it'll take some research on how (I'm late for work now, otherwise I'd do it - sorry!)

usasma, Dec 7, 2014
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Andreisavesu, and welcome to Eight Forums.

This is normal right now for Windows 10 Technical Preview since it's not a complete OS that's been patched over and over.

It should be fine by the time the later builds are release right before the RTM though. *Smile

Brink, Dec 8, 2014
  7. Hello, and thanks for your answer. The problem is they I have some troubles with my laptop.
    1. From time to time my laptop stop working. The Windows logo disappear, and if I press start, three start menu appear, but some black tiles appear.
    2. Since I've upgraded to Windows 10, I cannot connect to my home wireless on n protocol, only g which means less speed.

andreisavesu, Dec 8, 2014
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

In that case, you might create a new thread in the Network & Sharing forum area for the wireless issue. This way you'll get better help there for that type of issue. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. SFC/SCANNOW and DISM found errors, but couldnt fix them - Similar Threads - SFC SCANNOW DISM

2. sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them: I just downloaded a new game The Finals on steam, and I am unable to run the game due to a connection error TFLA0002. I am also receiving a popup that says "C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/mscms.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the...
  3. SFC /SCANNOW found corrupt files but cannot fix some of them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC /SCANNOW found corrupt files but cannot fix some of them: Here's my CBS log, unfortunately i cannot paste the contents of it because it's unreadable, due to this forum's line character limit. Here's the link to my OneDrive folder containing CBS.log: Also it says here to use the /OFFLOGFILE flag but what excactly should I do ? Thank...
  4. SFC /scannow finds errors but cant fix them

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SFC /scannow finds errors but cant fix them: Hello whenever I try to run SFC /SCANNOW in CMD it finds errors but was unable to fix them. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow-finds-errors-but-cant-fix-them/83ae97df-c8ec-4e5f-ace3-1ff3479e6b4a
  5. DISM & sfc /scannow ERROR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM & sfc /scannow ERROR: [ATTACH] CHKDSK DISM SFC I checked all these in SAFE BOOT & it worked though. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-sfc-scannow-error/2b11bd0a-578d-49f7-9554-2b36154e8259
  6. sfc /scannow Found errors, but couldn't fix all of them

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc /scannow Found errors, but couldn't fix all of them: Hi, everyone. As the title says, when I ran sfc /scannow just now, it reported that it found errors but was unable to fix all of them. Here's the full output: Beginning system scan. This process will take some time. Beginning verification phase of system scan....
  7. Sfc /scannow found corrupted files but could not fix them

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sfc /scannow found corrupted files but could not fix them: Hey guys I tried the sfc /scannow and it found corrupted files but could not repair them also my situation is Whenever I try to turn my laptop on normally it blue screens and says "Critical service failed" and sometime is mentions something about trail.txt or something like...
  8. sfc /scannow found corrupted files but could not fix them.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc /scannow found corrupted files but could not fix them.: Hello. For quite a while, my computer had slow boot up and shutdown times and I searched online that sfc /scannow could probably help. I've tried every method regarding sfc /scannow and nothing worked. I've also included a CBS Log file to help me (the file size is 1mb too...
  9. sfc /scannow found errors

sfc /scannow found errors: I ran "sfc /scannow" just for the heck of it and it found the following errors. CbsPersist_20150814233244.zip [img] Can anyone decipher the issue(s) it's pointing to? And perhaps know how to resolve it? 17116
  10. sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix them

sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix them: Hello. I'm using Windows 10 with the latest Skip Ahead build 17004. Running the OS on a Lenovo Z50-70 laptop. Because of boredom I decided to run the sfc /scannow command and it seems I got some errors. All the errors are something like: "Error: Overlap: Duplicate...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sfc scannow says error dism says fixed

2. sfc shows errors dism says fixed but doesnt