Windows 10: SFC scannow cannot fix corrupt files, Dism?

Discus and support SFC scannow cannot fix corrupt files, Dism? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi guys. I know this may be old news to some of you guys, but posting anyway. So I installed a game which did some net framework installing and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Marko1401, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Marko1401 Win User

SFC scannow cannot fix corrupt files, Dism?

Hi guys.
    I know this may be old news to some of you guys, but posting anyway.

So I installed a game which did some net framework installing and after that had a hang. Removed the game, did sfc and found corrupt files.
    C:\Windows\system32>sfc\scannow
    The system cannot find the path specified.

C:\Windows\system32>sfc/scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some
    of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
    example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not
    supported in offline servicing scenarios.

Any ideas where to go from there to fix this?

This is some net framework error. DSIM?
    where do I find the image?

:)

Marko1401, Nov 24, 2015
  2. jcmtm Win User

sfc/ scannow cannot fix corrupt files and DISM cannot find source

Hi ZigZag3143,

I did as you instructed this morning, created the ISO on a flash drive and ran DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIMSFC scannow cannot fix corrupt files, Dism? :D:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

I am still getting the same message of "The source files cannot be found...Configure a Windows Repair Source."

The flash drive is in the "D" drive and the Windows 10 ISO download was completed successfully. What should I do?

Thanks so much,

jcmtm, Nov 24, 2015
  3. sfc/ scannow cannot fix corrupt files and DISM cannot find source

If you get the error message "cannot find source files"you need to have an ISO file mounted and need to specify where it is located with the below command

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess Where "X" is the drive letter where the ISO is located. Simply change the "X" to the correct drive letter

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Nov 24, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

check out the link in my sig below..

5. Marko1401 Win User
    Which one do I download? I mean how do I know which one is right, is there any way to tell which one I have Aside from Windows 10 pro?

Marko1401, Nov 24, 2015
  6. Kyhi Win User
    from RUN type> winver
    to see the currect OS build

the techbench link will download build 10586

7. Marko1401 Win User
    Thanks.

Says build 10240

Downloading says : Win10_1511_English international_X64

That ok?

Marko1401, Nov 25, 2015
  8. Kyhi Win User

you are still on build 10240 - and you need the ISO for build 10240

9. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

Assuming that download was taken from Tech bench it's also the English UK version which may not be what you want either.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Nov 25, 2015
  10. Marko1401 Win User
    Do you have a dl link?
    Hmm...how come windows update didnt update that *Smile
    Can I just update win? hehe
    Is 10240 any good anymore? hehe

Marko1401, Nov 25, 2015
  11. How long have you had 10240
    If under 30 days then it wont update to latest version until your 30 days is up.
    That is how it worked for me and several others on here anyway.
    Also just keep checking your updates once your 30 days are up

hTconeM9user, Nov 25, 2015
  12. Marko1401 Win User
    I defered updates. Maybe thats the issue.

Ive had it for 2 months.
    So do I try the update approach?

Marko1401, Nov 25, 2015
  13. Kyhi Win User

Yes you can do an in-place upgrade to 10586..
    Mount the ISO - by double click
    run setup.exe from within the 10240 host OS

14. Yes if you deferred updates that could be the cause of your trouble.
    Yes unclick it and it should allow your updates to come through.
    I always use the updates ways I find it safer.
    I have mine set to allow updates to be downloaded then all I have to do is either restart myself or let windows do it for me

hTconeM9user, Nov 25, 2015
  15. Marko1401 Win User
    Just did and windows 10 build 10586 is visible and downloading...So that may solve my problem. Will sfc after that and see how it goes.

I defer all the time due to bad experience with windows 8.1. but will see what happens.
    Did download Us version of win 10 too.

Marko1401, Nov 25, 2015
Thema:

1. SFC scannow cannot fix corrupt files, Dism? - Similar Threads - SFC scannow cannot

2. SFC /SCANNOW found corrupt files but cannot fix some of them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC /SCANNOW found corrupt files but cannot fix some of them: Here's my CBS log, unfortunately i cannot paste the contents of it because it's unreadable, due to this forum's line character limit. Here's the link to my OneDrive folder containing CBS.log: Also it says here to use the /OFFLOGFILE flag but what excactly should I do ? Thank...
  3. Fix sfc /scannow corrupt file "vmbusr.sys"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix sfc /scannow corrupt file "vmbusr.sys"?: I was trying to scan my PC by Command Prompt using sfc /scannow and got hit by the message that Windows unfortunately cannot fix my corrupt file. I've tried everything to fix that by using all the combination of CHKDSK & DISM prompt, installing third party app like MiniTool...
  4. Fix sfc /scannow corrupt file "vmbusr.sys"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fix sfc /scannow corrupt file "vmbusr.sys"?: I was trying to scan my PC by Command Prompt using sfc /scannow and got hit by the message that Windows unfortunately cannot fix my corrupt file. I've tried everything to fix that by using all the combination of CHKDSK & DISM prompt, installing third party app like MiniTool...
  5. Cannot find or fix corrupt files found by sfc/scannow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot find or fix corrupt files found by sfc/scannow: I recently ran sfc/scannow and got a report of corrupt files. I have to admit I don't really know what I'm looking for but I did try looking at the CBS logo and doing searches for the words "corrupt" and "cannot repair" - nothing found. I then ran the following - Dism /Online...
  6. Fixing corrupted files after "sfc/scannow"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fixing corrupted files after "sfc/scannow": I am getting all of the the corrupted file error from WindowsPowershell folder after i checked CBS file after sfc scan , example of one : Could not reproject corrupted file \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\Defender\\MSFT_MpScan.cdxml; source file in...
  7. How to fix SFC Scannow Corrupted files

How to fix SFC Scannow Corrupted files: Hello, Being a novice with computers I thought to ask you all before I try something which may make things worse. I've neglected to tun SFC Scannow for a while and I've now fun it a few times as Administrator. I got the "Some corrupted files could not be fixed" result. The...
  8. How to fix SFC Scannow Corrupted files

in Windows 10 Support
    How to fix SFC Scannow Corrupted files: Hello, Being a novice with computers I thought to ask you all before I try something which may make things worse. I've neglected to tun SFC Scannow for a while and I've now fun it a few times as Administrator. I got the "Some corrupted files could not be fixed" result. The...
  9. SFC /scannow with corrupted files

SFC /scannow with corrupted files: Hi Roomies, After a clean install and running Win 10-pro-64-10586.36 I'm getting this error. [img] Any quick help will be appreciated. I don't know what other test or fixer to run. Thank you. 36866
  10. SFC /ScanNow Corrupt Files & DISM fails

SFC /ScanNow Corrupt Files & DISM fails: Hi all, Recently updated to windows 10 I've tried a scannow to resolve another issue and I get a failure message with files being corrupted. I've tried a reset keeping my files but I've got no idea where to look next. Attached is my log file from the SFC and the DISM log...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sfc scannow fix net framework?