Windows 10: sfc /scannow cant fix errors dism is unable to find source.

Discus and support sfc /scannow cant fix errors dism is unable to find source. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've been using Microsoft's OSs since dos 6ish and win 3.11. I always adapt early and usually figure the bugs out on my own, this time not so much. So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ninTENjoseph, Aug 17, 2015.

1. sfc /scannow cant fix errors dism is unable to find source.

I've been using Microsoft's OSs since dos 6ish and win 3.11. I always adapt early and usually figure the bugs out on my own, this time not so much. So i updated from win 8.1 pro x64 to win 10 pro x64 on day 2 of RTM as soon as I got my invite. I had been wanting to do a clean install since win 8 had already gone in as an upgrade but had been waiting for win 10 cause i knew id be installing it and would clean install then. Upon getting the invite I read how to do it, do an upgrade to log your hardware and activate win 10 then do a clean so I backed up the data i did want to save anddid the upgrade keeping everything just in case. upgrade went smooth win 10 seemed to run no problem and the games and programs i had were still there and worked great. seemed like a quick but successful test run everything i wanted to work worked. So i went ahead and did a clean install by booting from a DVD I created using the media creation tool. install went smooth windows 10 was fresh and ready in like 20 minutes yay! after letting win 10 install updates and setting it up i started to reinstall a few programs. everything went smooth till i got to GTA 5. disks were giving me crc errors so i grabbed rockstars GTA 5 downloader. after 5 or 10 minutes GTA 5s update/download program will BSOD my system. i looked and looked and could not fine reason. many said drivers. I have now removed a ton of my hardware stripping my PC down to almost just MOBO and CPU.

sfc /scannow finds corruption cant fix it after 8 runs with restarts.
    dism /blah blah /restorehealth cannot find source even when i point right at it.

Did another clean install and right out of the gate sfc and dism are borked. GTA 5 is still really the only thing that causes any problems but thats kind of a big deal cause i wanna play it lol.DESKTOP-F17IPIT-Sat_08_15_2015_123450_57.zip

the desktop ZIP is the crash logs from the current (2nd) fresh install. the other file is from the first clean install.

PLEASE HELP ME *Smile

:)

ninTENjoseph, Aug 17, 2015

2. Creators update broke Dev (CHKDSK, DISM)

Running CHKDSK from an elevated prompt, schedules it but on restart it does not run)

DISM, cant find source files, even on /Online

sfc /scannow, "appears" to run correctly, finding no violations but at this point how can I trust those results with chkdsk and Dism broken...

MasakiPhenom, Aug 17, 2015
  3. RottingButters, Aug 17, 2015
  4. JohnBurns Win User

sfc /scannow cant fix errors dism is unable to find source.

JohnBurns, Aug 17, 2015
  5. *bump*
    still really need help.

ninTENjoseph, Aug 21, 2015
  6. JohnBurns Win User
    Sent you a private message - hope you get it sorted out. Good luck!

JohnBurns, Aug 21, 2015
  7. Sure it's not a false positive? I've read a bunch of W10 users are getting "corrupt but can't fix" with sfc /scannow. I am one of them. I ran everything I could think of, and finally looked at the log. The log showed it found one corrupt file, and fixed it. Even if I run sfc again it says it finds corrupt files, but none are on the log afterwards now.

Bobby Phoenix, Aug 21, 2015
  8. Gary Win User

9. JUANNY Win User
    I was having problems with sfc finding but not being able to correct files that were corrupt-then i tried to repair the store use by sfc to repair files but dism could not find source to repair the store even tho i had correctly point it at install.wim to use-What i finally found out is that alot of the windows 10 iso are either somewhat corrupt or not suitable to use as a source for dism-What finally fixed it for me was going directly through the microsoft site and downloading the Win10_English_x64.iso (since i have x64 but x32 is also avail). After extracting the iso to the hard drive i gave dism the location of that install.wim and bingo a fully successful store recovery then followed another sfc /scannow that was able to repair corrupt system files-hope this helps out edit: FYI the exact dism that worked for me-yall only need to use your file location Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:C:\Win10_English_x64\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

JUANNY, Aug 21, 2015
  10. JohnBurns Win User
    Has anyone tried Juanny's suggestion - sounds reasonable, would be interested if it works for someone else.

JohnBurns, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. sfc /scannow cant fix errors dism is unable to find source. - Similar Threads - sfc scannow cant

2. SFC /scannow finds errors but cant fix them

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SFC /scannow finds errors but cant fix them: Hello whenever I try to run SFC /SCANNOW in CMD it finds errors but was unable to fix them. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow-finds-errors-but-cant-fix-them/83ae97df-c8ec-4e5f-ace3-1ff3479e6b4a
  3. sfc /scannow keeps finding errors

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc /scannow keeps finding errors: When I run SFC /SCANNOW, even just straight in a row, he always states "found corrupt files" but I can't determine from the log why it keeps reporting issues. I'll upload the log of such a run: CBS.log 163942
  4. DISM & sfc /scannow ERROR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM & sfc /scannow ERROR: [ATTACH] CHKDSK DISM SFC I checked all these in SAFE BOOT & it worked though. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-sfc-scannow-error/2b11bd0a-578d-49f7-9554-2b36154e8259
  5. DISM AND SFC /SCANNOW NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM AND SFC /SCANNOW NOT WORKING: yesterday i played my game very smooth but today when i start playing it i found it very laggy i try the folowing comand ''SFC /SCANNOW" but stuck at 43% after that i run 'DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth' but stuck again help me plz......
  6. dism and sfc /scannow not workingt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dism and sfc /scannow not workingt: Windows PowerShell Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.17134.1 Image Version: 10.0.17134.345 [==...
  7. DISM Source files could not be found, sfc /scannow found corrupt files

DISM Source files could not be found, sfc /scannow found corrupt files: Custom build for a friend. OS: Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit MB: MSI Z170-A Pro Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 680 CPU: Intel i5 6600K @ 3.50GHz RAM: 8g Installed OS through bootable USB, as the build has no CD drive. On completion of build I had some driver issues which were...
  8. SFC scannow cannot fix corrupt files, Dism?

SFC scannow cannot fix corrupt files, Dism?: Hi guys. I know this may be old news to some of you guys, but posting anyway. So I installed a game which did some net framework installing and after that had a hang. Removed the game, did sfc and found corrupt files. C:\Windows\system32>sfc\scannow The system cannot...
  9. "Error (0x800F081F) - DISM Unable to find source" & "sfc /scannow"

in Windows 10 Support
    "Error (0x800F081F) - DISM Unable to find source" & "sfc /scannow": I have upgraded 5 machines and clean installed 3 machines. Experienced an issue with one machine with continuous corruption problems After the 3rd attempt I discovered that even with a Clean Install of Win 10 I get unrepairable errors - Sorry I don't have screen...
  10. SFC/SCANNOW and DISM found errors, but couldnt fix them

in Windows 10 Support
    SFC/SCANNOW and DISM found errors, but couldnt fix them: Hello. My laptop become slower and slower every year, but seeing my father's PC running Windows 10 flawlessly with about a half of my laptop specs, I've started to wonder if i'm doing something wrong. Therefore, searching the forums, I've found that i could run a sfc/scannow...