Windows 10: sfc /scannow constantly fails. Keeps saying "Windows Resource Protection could not perform...

Discus and support sfc /scannow constantly fails. Keeps saying "Windows Resource Protection could not perform... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have been trying to run this command unsuccessfully for the past week because some game that I bought won't launch for a file in the System32... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Gnash_, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Gnash_ Win User

sfc /scannow constantly fails. Keeps saying "Windows Resource Protection could not perform...

Hi, I have been trying to run this command unsuccessfully for the past week because some game that I bought won't launch for a file in the System32 directory is corrupt.

But it never succeeds. I have tried running the command in Safe Mode, Advanced Startup, executing the chkdsk /r command then running sfc /scannow again in Safe Mode but none of that worked.

I would happily send the log file to a Microsoft employee that stumbles across this post if they could help me fix my issue.

Thanks in advance for your help ^^

:)

Gnash_, Mar 1, 2019
  2. BunnyJ Win User

SFC /SCANNOW, Windows Resource Protection Could Not Perform....

Good news.. this issue has been fixed in build, 14942.

Screen Shot:

sfc /scannow constantly fails. Keeps saying "Windows Resource Protection could not perform... [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Mar 1, 2019
  3. sfc /scannow "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service"

Hi,

Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service is an error which may occur if you are trying to run the System File Checker tool (SFC /SCANNOW) to scan and repair Windows system files. To resolve this error, we suggest that you follow the
    steps below:

• Press the Windows + R keys to open run command box.
    • In the run command box, type services.msc, and press
      Enter.
    • In the list of services, double click the Windows Modules Installer service.
    • Set the startup type to Auto, and click OK.
    • Restart your computer.
    • After the restart, you'll be able to run the sfc /scannow command without any problems.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Jeffrey57 Win User

sfc /scannow constantly fails. Keeps saying "Windows Resource Protection could not perform...

Error message "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operations" when running SFC /Scannow

I am running Windows 10 Ver. 1703 Build 15063.296. When I run SFC /Scannow, using Windows PowerShell, I receive the following message: Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation. This occurs at 23%.

I ran DISM Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth and it returned ImageHealthState: Healthy. I rebooted computer and reran SFC /Scannow and it returned Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations. If I rerun SFC /Scannow 2 or
    3 hours later and I receive Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation, again at 23% process.

What is causing this and how do I resolve it? It is a bug?

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

Jeffrey57, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

1. sfc /scannow constantly fails. Keeps saying "Windows Resource Protection could not perform... - Similar Threads - sfc scannow constantly

2. sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.: I try to run sfc scannow, it gets to 100% and thrn it days windows resource protection could not perform the requested action. I try to tun Dism online cleanup-image checkhealth and i get “dism does not support servicing windows pe with the /online option.” I have the dism...
  3. sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.: I try to run sfc scannow, it gets to 100% and thrn it days windows resource protection could not perform the requested action. I try to tun Dism online cleanup-image checkhealth and i get “dism does not support servicing windows pe with the /online option.” I have the dism...
  4. sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. sfc /scannow "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service": I've been trying to do "sfc /scannow" because my computer will not start up without crashing to the BSOD, but everytime I type it into the admin command prompt is tells me that Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service even when i'm in safe mode. I looked...
  6. sfc /scannow "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sfc /scannow "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service": I've been trying to do "sfc /scannow" because my computer will not start up without crashing to the BSOD, but everytime I type it into the admin command prompt is tells me that Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service even when i'm in safe mode. I looked...
  7. sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.: I have a problem with bad image and i have seen that how to solve that is to do sfc /scannow in command prompt. Right now i am stuck in 84% and it says Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation. Please help me and if you have another solution to...
  8. SFC /scannow stuck, Windows Resource Protection could not perform...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC /scannow stuck, Windows Resource Protection could not perform...: Hello! It's my first post here. Sometimes my computer isn't booting on the first try. It just displays a black screen after POST. I had to reset it for it to boot the second time. So I tried to run sfc /scannow to maybe fix the problem. But it always get stuck at 88% with the...
  9. sfc windows resource protection could not perform...

sfc windows resource protection could not perform...: You are welcome. That's great news. The in place upgrade repair was successful.
  10. SFC /SCANNOW, Windows Resource Protection Could Not Perform....

SFC /SCANNOW, Windows Resource Protection Could Not Perform....: I just installed the latest slow ring preview build, version 14931.1000 and when I performed an SFC /SNANNOW I get to 19% and then the command comes up Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation. I tried three times and it always goes to 19% then...