Windows 10: SFC scannow doesn't work. DISM finds a corruption, Windows 10 update won't work Jan 12th...

Discus and support SFC scannow doesn't work. DISM finds a corruption, Windows 10 update won't work Jan 12th... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there! I've had so many problems recently with my computer:- DISM log 2021-01-22 01:26:42, Error DISM DISM Package Manager:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AshleighJones22, Jan 21, 2021.

1. SFC scannow doesn't work. DISM finds a corruption, Windows 10 update won't work Jan 12th...

Hi there!

I've had so many problems recently with my computer:- DISM log

2021-01-22 01:26:42, Error DISM DISM Package Manager: PID=13976 TID=12388 Failed finalizing changes. - CDISMPackageManager::Internal_Finalizehr:0x80071160

2021-01-22 01:26:42, Error DISM DISM Package Manager: PID=13976 TID=12388 Failed processing package changes with session option CbsSessionOptionRepairStoreCorruption - CDISMPackageManager::RestoreHealthhr:0x80071160

2021-01-22 01:26:42, Error DISM DISM Package Manager: PID=13976 TID=12388 Failed to restore the image health. - CPackageManagerCLIHandler:SFC scannow doesn't work. DISM finds a corruption, Windows 10 update won't work Jan 12th... :processCmdLine_CleanupImagehr:0x80071160

2021-01-22 01:26:42, Error DISM DISM Package Manager: PID=13976 TID=12388 Failed while processing command cleanup-image. - CPackageManagerCLIHandler::ExecuteCmdLinehr:0x80071160

2021-01-22 01:26:42, Info DISM DISM Package Manager: PID=13976 TID=12388 Further logs for online package and feature related operations can be found at %WINDIR%\logs\CBS\cbs.log - CPackageManagerCLIHandler::ExecuteCmdLine

2021-01-22 01:26:42, Error DISM DISM.EXE: DISM Package Manager processed the command line but failed. HRESULT=80071160

SFC scan

Verification 56% complete.
    Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

I cannot reinstall windows I have a USB to try making a back up but that too says an error when I try to back it up and do a full system restore. The last restore point is always only the day before each day I try fixing the issue

All drivers are up to date apart from the graphics card which is only recent but I've had problems for months but the past week or two my computer restarts with CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED is the most common one.

REGISTRY_ERROR Windows 10

CBS log last error shows this onecore\base\wcp\sil\ntsystem.cpp is the error.

If there's anything more you want to ask me please do I really want to get this fixed.

:)

AshleighJones22, Jan 21, 2021
  2. RejZoR Win User

Can't get SFC and DISM to work anymore on Win10

Ok, can someone help me out because this crap is starting to piss me off. There was once a time when you could simply run SFC and DISM to check Windows files integrity and if there were any problems found with the local files, Windows repaired it automatically. The reason why I want to run this is because I'm getting stupendously huge amount of errors and warnings in Event Viewer, but I don't want to run refresh because it'll mess up tons of apps.

Commands I used:
    sfc /scannow
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Fast forward few years and we now have glorious Windows 10. Trying to run the same tools, they find errors but stubbornly refuse to fix ANYTHING. What's the god damn point of it then?

Sfc finds issues but can't repair them and DISM constantly bitches how it can't find the source. All this used to work directly in Windows 7, but in Win 10, nothing. This was one of the best features to get OS back in good state and they go and ruin it. Because Microsoft!

I've checked this thread:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.co...sfc-failed-to-repair?forum=win10itprohardware

Nothing worked. And they keep mentioning install.wim where my Windows image downloaded from Microsoft itself! only carries install.esd which I can't seem to use with anything.

I've also tried this tool:
    CodePlex Archive

Which again wants .wim file and refuses to work with esd.

RejZoR, Jan 21, 2021
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

SFC scannow doesn't work. DISM finds a corruption, Windows 10 update won't work Jan 12th... [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Kursah Win User

SFC scannow doesn't work. DISM finds a corruption, Windows 10 update won't work Jan 12th...

Windows 10 update doesn't work

Does it tell you what update it is trying to download at least? If so you can likely manually download it and install, that can fix these issues sometimes.

The last Windows 10 update issue I had was resolved in the evening after clearing the update cache (as you had done in the OP), though initial scans came back with errors. Try rebooting the PC and letting it be for a couple hours. Maybe you already have, and maybe it already didn't work.

If not, try and manually install the update it fails to get/install. You might also consider running SFC /Scannow and verify that there's no OS corruption causing any issues here as well.

Kursah, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

SFC scannow doesn't work. DISM finds a corruption, Windows 10 update won't work Jan 12th...

1. SFC scannow doesn't work. DISM finds a corruption, Windows 10 update won't work Jan 12th... - Similar Threads - SFC scannow doesn't

2. sfc /scannow not working, Windows not updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow not working, Windows not updating: Firstly, I've been experiencing persistent failures with Windows updates. Despite attempting multiple times, the updates do not install successfully. Furthermore, I've encountered an error while trying to run the "sfc /scannow" command in Command Prompt. The system seems...
  3. sfc /scannow not working, Windows not updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sfc /scannow not working, Windows not updating: Firstly, I've been experiencing persistent failures with Windows updates. Despite attempting multiple times, the updates do not install successfully. Furthermore, I've encountered an error while trying to run the "sfc /scannow" command in Command Prompt. The system seems...
  4. sfc /scannow not working, Windows not updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. sfc /scannow not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow not working: Hello! Ive been facing this issue where "sfc /scannow" isnt working, whenever i try the command, i get "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service." also, i tried DISM commands. The first "CheckHealth" didnt do anything, The second "ScanHealth" stopped at...
  6. Why doesn't SFC /scannow work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't SFC /scannow work?: So a few days ago I noticed that Windows was not updating. I opened cmd as admin and tried "SFC /Scannow" and it said "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.". I've tried everything from changing Windows Modules Installer to Manual to trying it in a...
  7. Why doesn't SFC /scannow work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why doesn't SFC /scannow work?: So a few days ago I noticed that Windows was not updating. I opened cmd as admin and tried "SFC /Scannow" and it said "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.". I've tried everything from changing Windows Modules Installer to Manual to trying it in a...
  8. What if sfc /scannow doesn't work?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What if sfc /scannow doesn't work?: I accidentally deleted some system files. I ran sfc /scannow and got the following error message: Beginning verification phase of system scan. Verification 7% complete. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs,...
  9. DISM AND SFC /SCANNOW NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM AND SFC /SCANNOW NOT WORKING: yesterday i played my game very smooth but today when i start playing it i found it very laggy i try the folowing comand ''SFC /SCANNOW" but stuck at 43% after that i run 'DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth' but stuck again help me plz......
  10. SFC /ScanNow Corrupt Files & DISM fails

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC /ScanNow Corrupt Files & DISM fails: Hi all, Recently updated to windows 10 I've tried a scannow to resolve another issue and I get a failure message with files being corrupted. I've tried a reset keeping my files but I've got no idea where to look next. Attached is my log file from the SFC and the DISM log...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ntsystem.cpp