Windows 10: Sfc /scannow error: WIndow resource could not start the repair service

Discus and support Sfc /scannow error: WIndow resource could not start the repair service in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Sfc /scannow /offbootdir=d:\ /offwindir=d:\windows gave an error of not being able to start. I am booting from a windows dvd(to repair window).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by goldenstar, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Sfc /scannow error: WIndow resource could not start the repair service

Sfc /scannow /offbootdir=d:\ /offwindir=d:\windows

gave an error of not being able to start.

I am booting from a windows dvd(to repair window). Oddly, i could not find a way to start in safe mode.

The window dvd boot have "Advanced options".

Under that it has

1.system restore
    2.system image recovery
    3. Command prompt
    4. Automatic Repair(does not work).

Where is the option to boot into safe mode?!

Please help

:)

goldenstar, Sep 24, 2017

2. error status 0x000012f

gave the same error when trying to run sfc /scannow. Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.

zacharybonk, Sep 24, 2017
  3. J OLSSON Win User
    Windows update errors

C:\>sfc /scannow

Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.

J OLSSON, Sep 24, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Sfc /scannow error: WIndow resource could not start the repair service

You can't boot to safe mode from a boot disk, alas.

If you can boot to a login screen, you can try SHIFT + left click Restart (from Power button bottom rt) to boot to advanced startup options.

Presumably you had checked that D: was the correct drive letter for your system partition.

What led to your PC not booting? Did this suddenly happen, or did it happen after some action or update?

And you can try checking your disk:
    Download and create Kyhi's Win 10 boot disk from the top of the Software and Apps section here.
    Run HD Tune (Health and Scan tabs) and post a screenshot or picture of the result.

Also run Minitool Partition Wizard from that disk, and post a screenshot of your partitions, expanding columns so all text is clear.
    To post a screenshot please use the Insert Image icon above your post to the left of the video icon. Thanks.

Please complete details of your computer.
    Desktop? Laptop? Model? What sort of system disk? (Click My Computer bottom left of this post to see mine for comparison).

dalchina, Sep 24, 2017
Thema:

Sfc /scannow error: WIndow resource could not start the repair service

1. Sfc /scannow error: WIndow resource could not start the repair service - Similar Threads - Sfc scannow error

2. sfc /scannow error repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sfc /scannow error repair: Task bar icons suddenly stopped working (Start, action center, wifi, battery ) as well as ease of access keyboard Online discussions lead me to deliver sfc scannow action would solve it, I got the following list of errors 2019-10-07 01:17:23, Info CSI...
  3. sfc /scannow & windows resource protection issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc /scannow & windows resource protection issue: A few days ago (to be honest, I can't even remember what the issue was now) I was having a problem and tried running the sfc / scannow from the command prompt (admin) and got the message that Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation once it was at...
  4. sfc /scannow & windows resource protection issue

in Windows 10 Support
    sfc /scannow & windows resource protection issue: A few days ago (to be honest, I can't even remember what the issue was now) I was having a problem and tried running the sfc / scannow from the command prompt (admin) and got the message that Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation once it was at...
  5. SFC /scannow stuck, Windows Resource Protection could not perform...

SFC /scannow stuck, Windows Resource Protection could not perform...: Hello! It's my first post here. Sometimes my computer isn't booting on the first try. It just displays a black screen after POST. I had to reset it for it to boot the second time. So I tried to run sfc /scannow to maybe fix the problem. But it always get stuck at 88% with the...
  6. Sfc/scannow error repair

Sfc/scannow error repair: Errors are reported which sfc cannot repair. I found some errors in the CBS.log. How do I tell if these are the (only) errors and how do I repair them? This is something of which I have no knowledge or experience. 2018-11-29 13:26:19, Info CSI 000046ef Error: Overlap:...
  7. SFC/SCANNOW cannot start the repair action

SFC/SCANNOW cannot start the repair action: In the post Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14291 for PC and Mobile there is some code to address this issue. I ran the script, but get an error "file wrpint.dll not found". I searched and found it in windows/WinSxS/......... It is found in many subfolders. The...
  8. sfc/scannow cannot repair

sfc/scannow cannot repair: I'm experiencing an issue with a corrupt file "close.png". It's not causing any issues with my daily activities, that I'm aware of, but while attempting to fix another issue relating to message "updater crashed" I keep running into this file saying unfixable. I've ran...
  9. SFC /SCANNOW, Windows Resource Protection Could Not Perform....

SFC /SCANNOW, Windows Resource Protection Could Not Perform....: I just installed the latest slow ring preview build, version 14931.1000 and when I performed an SFC /SNANNOW I get to 19% and then the command comes up Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation. I tried three times and it always goes to 19% then...
  10. SFC /SCANNOW Error

SFC /SCANNOW Error: When trying to run SFC /SCANNOW the following error is generated: C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service. Is this a knpown problem with solution? 20898

Users found this page by searching for:

1. repair console sfc scannow could not start repair service

2. can not start service sfc /scannow /offbootdir=D:\ /offwindir=D:\windows

3. sfc /scannow /offbootdir protection resources

4. sfc /scannow /offbootdir=d:\ /offwindir=d:\windows could not start the repair service,
  5. repair sfc could not start the repair service