Windows 10: sfc /scannow Failed. ren software software.001 failed due to it being in use.

Discus and support sfc /scannow Failed. ren software software.001 failed due to it being in use. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've tried everything to fix this issue. Seemingly started after replacing my graphics card, it's stopping me from doing system restores or anything of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by samechie, Oct 31, 2018.

1. samechie Win User

sfc /scannow Failed. ren software software.001 failed due to it being in use.

I've tried everything to fix this issue. Seemingly started after replacing my graphics card, it's stopping me from doing system restores or anything of the sort. Finally in my CBS note i found the point where it failed:

2018-10-31 03:16:17, Info CSI 0000135a [SR] Verify complete
    2018-10-31 03:16:17, Info CSI 0000135b [SR] Verifying 100 components
    2018-10-31 03:16:17, Info CSI 0000135c [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
    2018-10-31 03:16:17, Error CSI 0000135d (F) c0000242 [Error,Facility=(system),Code=578 (0x0242)] #18207969# from Windows::Rtl::SystemImplementation:sfc /scannow Failed. ren software software.001 failed due to it being in use. :DirectFileSystemProvider::SysReadFile(h = b8c ('\Device\HarddiskVolume5\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-errorreportingui_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.17134.1_none_b3e5b6f46b41b3b6\werui.dll'), evt = 0, apcr = NULL, apcc = NULL, iosb = @0xd59c57b5d0, data = {l:0 b:}, byteoffset = 0, key = (null)) [gle=0xd0000242]

2018-10-31 03:16:17, Error CSI 0000135e@2018/10/31:10:16:17.372 (F) onecore\base\wcp\sil\ntsystem.cpp(3533): Error c0000242 [Error,Facility=(system),Code=578 (0x0242)] originated in function Windows::Rtl::SystemImplementation:sfc /scannow Failed. ren software software.001 failed due to it being in use. :DirectFileSystemProvider::SysReadFile expression: (null) [gle=0x80004005]

:)

samechie, Oct 31, 2018
  2. dsmith888 Win User

Sfc /scannow and DISM /Online fails

My Lenovo T400 with Windows 10 version 1511 works just fine. But I do find that these 2 commands fail me. Logs are attached. I do want to preserve some applications that I have installed so suggestions on how I can repair or upgrade would be appreciated. It's my understanding dism must be functional to upgrade the OS.

1) sfc /scannow
    2) dism /online /?

dsmith888, Oct 31, 2018
  3. sfc /scannow failed to repair certain files

sfc /scannow Failed. ren software software.001 failed due to it being in use. [​IMG]

And now for the sfc /scannow...
    in a few minutes

silver romie, Oct 31, 2018
  4. sfc /scannow Failed. ren software software.001 failed due to it being in use.

Windows 10 reset failed and now the reset wouldn't work including refresh, automatic repair.

Thanks you but include in your research I cant use any sfc commands resulting theres no problem and running the command "ren system system.001 and ren software software.001"

Vincent Paul Tampos, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

sfc /scannow Failed. ren software software.001 failed due to it being in use.

1. sfc /scannow Failed. ren software software.001 failed due to it being in use. - Similar Threads - sfc scannow Failed

2. Software Installation fails from Software Centre

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software Installation fails from Software Centre: I have created an Application in SCCM. This will install an EXE file using the PowerShell Deployment toolkit.When I run the PowerShell query manually, it installs the software without any errors. My detection method is a registry key which I create in the script.Install...
  3. SFC / SCANNOW failing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SFC / SCANNOW failing.: Hi guys, when i task my pc with sfc /scannow, it fails. Below is a screenshot of it. [ATTACH] I am also unable to install one of the new windows updates as it keeps failing. it is this one. [ATTACH] Thanks!...
  4. Failed to install software

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Failed to install software: Hello Techies, I purchase new laptop from flipkart and after start my laptop first I update windows and then install visual studio code then I got Ipersist access is denied error occurred then I resolved by using online help then I installed mongodb then it is not...
  5. Software updates failing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software updates failing: Hi All My laptop seems to have a problem. It is a HP win 7 that I upgraded to Win 10 during the free update period. It has worked fine until now. When I go to update any of the software I have installed to the latest version it fails to do it. It goes through all the normal...
  6. Software updates failing

in Windows 10 Support
    Software updates failing: Hi All My laptop seems to have a problem. It is a HP win 7 that I upgraded to Win 10 during the free update period. It has worked fine until now. When I go to update any of the software I have installed to the latest version it fails to do it. It goes through all the normal...
  7. Sfc /scannow and DISM /Online fails

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sfc /scannow and DISM /Online fails: My Lenovo T400 with Windows 10 version 1511 works just fine. But I do find that these 2 commands fail me. Logs are attached. I do want to preserve some applications that I have installed so suggestions on how I can repair or upgrade would be appreciated. It's my understanding...
  8. sfc /scannow failed

sfc /scannow failed: Hi guys , I have a laptop with windows 10 home upgraded from windows 7 home ( engl/us ) I've installed Windows anniversary update 1607 successfuly and I've created a DVD installation disk too, burning the .iso file to disk (imgburn) A few days before I ran from command...
  9. sfc /scannow fails with MSDTC.exe missing, MSI installers failing

sfc /scannow fails with MSDTC.exe missing, MSI installers failing: Quicken was crashing on startup and nothing seemed to be fixing it. I decided to uninstall and reinstall, and now I number of issues have come up. Quicken install kept closing on its splash screen, so I tried running sfc /scannow. It keeps failing at 22% and the culprit seems...
  10. sfc /scannow fails on new UEFI Install

sfc /scannow fails on new UEFI Install: Hey all, Just a little concerned. I installed to my new PC: Windows 10 Pro x64. This was from a brand new OEM DVD. I installed under UEFI. Installation was a breeze with no errors or issues. Immediately after the installation completed, I installed the motherboard...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ren software software.001

2. ren system system.001 used by another process

3. ren software software.001 process in use

4. ren software software.001 the process cannot access the file,
  5. ren software software.001 in use,
  6. ren software software 001 in use,
  7. ren software software.001 being used by another process,
  8. ren software software.001 cannot process,
  9. ren software software.001 being used,
  10. ren software software.001 fehler,
  11. cannot ren software software.001 in use,