Windows 10: sfc /scannow failing after this latest Defender Platfom update.

Discus and support sfc /scannow failing after this latest Defender Platfom update. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Anyone else seeing this after last night's Defender Platform update that went from 4.18.1905.4-0 to 4.18.1906.3-0? I'm getting it on both my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Farvatten, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Farvatten Win User

sfc /scannow failing after this latest Defender Platfom update.

Anyone else seeing this after last night's Defender Platform update that went from 4.18.1905.4-0 to 4.18.1906.3-0?

I'm getting it on both my platforms. Both machines are on the latest 1903 207 build.

Perhaps some Powershell Defender module for 4.18.1906.3-0 hasn't synced up yet?

One I fixed with DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth. The other I'm waiting to see if it gets fixed by the CU in the next hour.

Code: 2019-07-09 05:04:36, Info CSI 00000259 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:27]'MSFT_MpComputerStatus.cdxml' of Windows-Defender-Management-Powershell, version 10.0.18362.1, arch amd64, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, hash mismatch[/quote]

:)

Farvatten, Jul 9, 2019
  2. Steve C Win User

SFC /SCANNOW Errors After Update

I've just updated a Windows 8.1 Pro PC to Windows 10 using the Techbench ISO which updated without any problems. However, I've just run sfc /scannow and it found errors it could not repair. I have managed to get sfc /scannow to run without errors - see what I did below:

1. Ran sfc /scannow which showed error "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."
    2. Ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth which reported "The component store is repairable."
    3. Ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth which failed with Error: 0x800f081f "The source files could not be found.Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature."
    4. Mounted the W10 Techbench ISO and ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:wim:G:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess which reported successfully "The restore operation completed successfully."
    5. Ran sfc /scannow wich completed successfully with report "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them."

Please advise:
    1. Why would sfc /scannow fail on a newly updated installation which ran sfc /scannow error free immediately before the upgrade?
    2. Why did I have to use install.wim from the Techbench ISO at step 4 above for Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth to work and will I have to use install.wim from the Techbench ISO every time I need to run this Dism command?
    3. How can I configure my PC so it has the correct install.wim file for the Dism command to work properly?

Steve C, Jul 9, 2019
  3. SFC scannow not working but verify only is working

there is no problem in chkdsk I've checked When I select command prompt and sfc scannow from f8 and repair.. it shows that a reboot is required for pending repair and pending renames folder in winsxs is full of files.. what should I do??

ELiTRiGG3R, Jul 9, 2019
  4. sfc /scannow failing after this latest Defender Platfom update.

SFC /SCANNOW Errors After Update

1. Why would sfc /scannow fail on a newly updated installation ...
      In addition to what essenbe said .... there is a known issue re: opencl.dll - it's been around for a while. If it is opencl.dll (follow SFC Command - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums), the error can be ignored.
    2. Why did I have to use install.wim from the Techbench ISO ...
      I'm not sure, but it seems to indicate that the Component Store cannot be found (resolved). I think this would cripple your system though instead of only showing up in DISM.
      Try the Windows Update Troubleshooter (TS) in Control Panel - then try https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...troubleshooter (I'm not sure if they are the same, but why would MS offer a diag cab separate from the built-in TS?

Please copy the C:\Windows\Logs\CBS (the entire folder) into a compressed folder on your desktop and attach the zip folder to a post. If it is too large, copy just the CBS.log file into a compressed folder and attach that.
    3. How can I configure my PC so it has the correct install.wim ...
      see # 2

Slartybart, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

sfc /scannow failing after this latest Defender Platfom update.

1. sfc /scannow failing after this latest Defender Platfom update. - Similar Threads - sfc scannow failing

2. SFC / SCANNOW failing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SFC / SCANNOW failing.: Hi guys, when i task my pc with sfc /scannow, it fails. Below is a screenshot of it. [ATTACH] I am also unable to install one of the new windows updates as it keeps failing. it is this one. [ATTACH] Thanks!...
  3. SFC /scannow - Defender corruption?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC /scannow - Defender corruption?: A run today of sfc /scannow reported errors, with this message:. "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log." CBS.log was largely...
  4. SFC /scannow - Defender corruption?

in Windows 10 Support
    SFC /scannow - Defender corruption?: A run today of sfc /scannow reported errors, with this message:. "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log." CBS.log was largely...
  5. /sfc scannow fails after 2019 may update(win10 x64)

/sfc scannow fails after 2019 may update(win10 x64): Hi. I will post cbs.log, after what i used /sfc scannow with admin priv. Errors come after win10 update to 2019 may version(1903 build). I have many problems, with lag, network, after this update... I can't attach the log from sfc(2big), but i uploaded via google drive -...
  6. Windows 10 SFC /scannow unable to fix files after latest update

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 SFC /scannow unable to fix files after latest update: After the latest updates to Windows 10, users are reporting that SFC /scannow command is unable to fix the corrupted files. The sfc /scannow is a command to scan system or general files, and fix the corrupted files by replacing them with a cached copy. According to reports...
  7. Sfc /scannow and DISM /Online fails

Sfc /scannow and DISM /Online fails: My Lenovo T400 with Windows 10 version 1511 works just fine. But I do find that these 2 commands fail me. Logs are attached. I do want to preserve some applications that I have installed so suggestions on how I can repair or upgrade would be appreciated. It's my understanding...
  8. sfc /scannow failed

sfc /scannow failed: Hi guys , I have a laptop with windows 10 home upgraded from windows 7 home ( engl/us ) I've installed Windows anniversary update 1607 successfuly and I've created a DVD installation disk too, burning the .iso file to disk (imgburn) A few days before I ran from command...
  9. sfc /scannow error after 1709 update

sfc /scannow error after 1709 update: After 1709 update yesterday, I did %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c Cleanmgr /sageset:65535 & Cleanmgr /sagerun:65535 Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase Then I did sfc /scannow. I got the following error. Windows Resource Protection found...
  10. SFC /SCANNOW Errors After Update

SFC /SCANNOW Errors After Update: I've just updated a Windows 8.1 Pro PC to Windows 10 using the Techbench ISO which updated without any problems. However, I've just run sfc /scannow and it found errors it could not repair. I have managed to get sfc /scannow to run without errors - see what I did below:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does sfc command delete antivirus

2. windows 10 sfc scannow fails every time

3. scannow found windows defender management powershell version 10.0.17134.1 errors

4. [sr] cannot repair member file defender