Windows 10: /sfc scannow fails after 2019 may update(win10 x64)

Discus and support /sfc scannow fails after 2019 may update(win10 x64) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi. I will post cbs.log, after what i used /sfc scannow with admin priv. Errors come after win10 update to 2019 may version(1903 build). I have many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Levin97, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Levin97 Win User

/sfc scannow fails after 2019 may update(win10 x64)

Hi. I will post cbs.log, after what i used /sfc scannow with admin priv. Errors come after win10 update to 2019 may version(1903 build). I have many problems, with lag, network, after this update...
    I can't attach the log from sfc(2big), but i uploaded via google drive - CBS.log - Google Drive
    On 17.07.2019 i get this errors..

:)

Levin97, Jul 17, 2019
  2. Steve C Win User

SFC /SCANNOW Errors After Update

I've just updated a Windows 8.1 Pro PC to Windows 10 using the Techbench ISO which updated without any problems. However, I've just run sfc /scannow and it found errors it could not repair. I have managed to get sfc /scannow to run without errors - see what I did below:

1. Ran sfc /scannow which showed error "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."
    2. Ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth which reported "The component store is repairable."
    3. Ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth which failed with Error: 0x800f081f "The source files could not be found.Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature."
    4. Mounted the W10 Techbench ISO and ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:wim:G:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess which reported successfully "The restore operation completed successfully."
    5. Ran sfc /scannow wich completed successfully with report "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them."

Please advise:
    1. Why would sfc /scannow fail on a newly updated installation which ran sfc /scannow error free immediately before the upgrade?
    2. Why did I have to use install.wim from the Techbench ISO at step 4 above for Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth to work and will I have to use install.wim from the Techbench ISO every time I need to run this Dism command?
    3. How can I configure my PC so it has the correct install.wim file for the Dism command to work properly?

Steve C, Jul 17, 2019
  3. SFC scannow not working but verify only is working

there is no problem in chkdsk I've checked When I select command prompt and sfc scannow from f8 and repair.. it shows that a reboot is required for pending repair and pending renames folder in winsxs is full of files.. what should I do??

ELiTRiGG3R, Jul 17, 2019
  4. /sfc scannow fails after 2019 may update(win10 x64)

SFC /SCANNOW Errors After Update

1. Why would sfc /scannow fail on a newly updated installation ...
      In addition to what essenbe said .... there is a known issue re: opencl.dll - it's been around for a while. If it is opencl.dll (follow SFC Command - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums), the error can be ignored.
    2. Why did I have to use install.wim from the Techbench ISO ...
      I'm not sure, but it seems to indicate that the Component Store cannot be found (resolved). I think this would cripple your system though instead of only showing up in DISM.
      Try the Windows Update Troubleshooter (TS) in Control Panel - then try https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...troubleshooter (I'm not sure if they are the same, but why would MS offer a diag cab separate from the built-in TS?

Please copy the C:\Windows\Logs\CBS (the entire folder) into a compressed folder on your desktop and attach the zip folder to a post. If it is too large, copy just the CBS.log file into a compressed folder and attach that.
    3. How can I configure my PC so it has the correct install.wim ...
      see # 2

Slartybart, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

/sfc scannow fails after 2019 may update(win10 x64)

1. /sfc scannow fails after 2019 may update(win10 x64) - Similar Threads - sfc scannow fails

2. SFC / SCANNOW failing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SFC / SCANNOW failing.: Hi guys, when i task my pc with sfc /scannow, it fails. Below is a screenshot of it. [ATTACH] I am also unable to install one of the new windows updates as it keeps failing. it is this one. [ATTACH] Thanks!...
  3. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc /scannow: i ran sfc /scannow and got when it reched around 54% i got the followingmessage "Windows Resources Protection could not perform the requested operation" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow/425af61f-5e61-4f8e-badc-1e44ae02698e
  4. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc /scannow: when I run sfc /scannow in command prompt it will only run to 71% and than it stop, how can i fix that problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow/5f81a97e-769a-413c-8139-2871d8c08b5f
  5. Windows May 2019 update fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows May 2019 update fails: About 3 weeks ago I decided to update my laptop to a newer version of Windows 10, since the 1803 version is nearing end of support. I chose the Windows 10 1809 October because for a month or two I had been trying to update straight to Windows 10 1903 through Windows Update,...
  6. sfc /scannow failing after this latest Defender Platfom update.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    sfc /scannow failing after this latest Defender Platfom update.: Anyone else seeing this after last night's Defender Platform update that went from 4.18.1905.4-0 to 4.18.1906.3-0? I'm getting it on both my platforms. Both machines are on the latest 1903 207 build. Perhaps some Powershell Defender module for 4.18.1906.3-0 hasn't synced...
  7. Sfc /scannow and DISM /Online fails

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sfc /scannow and DISM /Online fails: My Lenovo T400 with Windows 10 version 1511 works just fine. But I do find that these 2 commands fail me. Logs are attached. I do want to preserve some applications that I have installed so suggestions on how I can repair or upgrade would be appreciated. It's my understanding...
  8. sfc /scannow failed

sfc /scannow failed: Hi guys , I have a laptop with windows 10 home upgraded from windows 7 home ( engl/us ) I've installed Windows anniversary update 1607 successfuly and I've created a DVD installation disk too, burning the .iso file to disk (imgburn) A few days before I ran from command...
  9. sfc /scannow error after 1709 update

sfc /scannow error after 1709 update: After 1709 update yesterday, I did %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c Cleanmgr /sageset:65535 & Cleanmgr /sagerun:65535 Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase Then I did sfc /scannow. I got the following error. Windows Resource Protection found...
  10. SFC /SCANNOW Errors After Update

SFC /SCANNOW Errors After Update: I've just updated a Windows 8.1 Pro PC to Windows 10 using the Techbench ISO which updated without any problems. However, I've just run sfc /scannow and it found errors it could not repair. I have managed to get sfc /scannow to run without errors - see what I did below:...