Windows 10: SFC /ScanNow Finds Errors Every Time

Discus and support SFC /ScanNow Finds Errors Every Time in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I run sfc /scannow and it finds errors and cannot fix them. I then run dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth /source:wim:x:\sources\install.wim:1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by T0mmy1977, Jun 23, 2016.

1. T0mmy1977 Win User

SFC /ScanNow Finds Errors Every Time

I run sfc /scannow and it finds errors and cannot fix them. I then run dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth /source:wim:x:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess and that succeeds. I run sfc /scannow again and it is able to fix the errors. I run sfc /scannow again a day or so later and it finds errors all over again. Any idea what the issue is? Thanks

:)

T0mmy1977, Jun 23, 2016

2. Blue Screen Errors 0x1e, 0x139 & SFC /Scannow finds corrupted files, but cannot fix

Hi! Just updating:

1) Updated BIOS to newest version

2) Went ahead and ran memtest for about 11 hours, got through 6.5 passes with no errors

I'll go ahead and try using Verifier while I go on the computer tonight.

Does this probably mean the RAM and RAM slots (on mobo) are good? I have 3 days left to return the RAM so I just want to be sure about the RAM before times up.

Thanks!

Yassir Solomah, Jun 23, 2016
  3. Blue Screen Errors 0x1e, 0x139 & SFC /Scannow finds corrupted files, but cannot fix

These crashes were related to memory corruption (probably caused by a driver).

Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem. Please run verifier first. You do not need to run memtest yet unless verifier does not find the cause, or you want to.

If you are over-clocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
    In other words STOP!!! If you do not know what this means you probably are not

1-Driver verifier (for complete directions see our wiki here)

2-Memtest. (You can read more about running memtest here)

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jun 23, 2016
  4. SFC /ScanNow Finds Errors Every Time

Ya know, we can't see what you see.

View Only the "SFC" Scan Results from the CBS.LOG

Attach sfcdetails.txt on your next post
    See: Upload and Attach a File or Image into a "Go Advanced" Post

Thanks *Wink

Slartybart, Jun 23, 2016
  5. T0mmy1977 Win User
    Thank you for your helpful reply, but I am going back to Windows 7 Pro until MSFT cleans up Windows 10. I also get the 'BAD_POOL_Blah_Blah' BSOD, etc. I have updated drivers for all of my hardware/devices and the most recent version of all my software. Windows 7 Pro runs smoothly and I do not get a single error/crash with it.

T0mmy1977, Jun 23, 2016
  6. Bastet Win User
    Do you have nVidia graphics card?
    Many users have stated that sfc shows errors when that graphics card is installed - my laptop does, checked with dism & no errors found.

Bastet, Jun 24, 2016
  7. The opencl.dll issue is not only with Nvidia, although it is probably the most common.

T0mmy1977's machine has other things going wrong that would most likely be resolved by a Clean install.
    Many people refuse to let Windows 10 do what it is very good at doing. Hardware drivers should come from MS - they test them extensively and then put new ones in the update chain.

Old habits die hard - many issues are caused by going to an OEM for the latest and greatest driver.
    Although many issues are also caused by upgrades - same sort of thing though, old software carried over.

A user need only go to an OEM for drivers if it is flagged in Device Manager or if the installed driver is causing issues and there is a fix for that issue documented in the OEM release notes.

A Clean install forces new software - although, some people just put the old stuff back on using 5 or 10 y/o discs *Eek

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

SFC /ScanNow Finds Errors Every Time

1. SFC /ScanNow Finds Errors Every Time - Similar Threads - SFC ScanNow Finds

2. sfc/scannow error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sfc/scannow error: 00000253 Hashes for file member [l:14]'System.Web.dll' do not match. Expected: {l:20 b:47cb9b0ad80a6962723f7b601b7941971a388b19}. Actual: {l:20 b:f7d269889aa64c84ebb3f0c69c3705b046b7d751}.2023-07-01 07:32:49, Info CSI 00000254 [SR] Cannot repair member file...
  3. sfc /scannow error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow error: I'm running sfc /scannow regularly, and i am getting back wierd results. It seems I have problem with one file, sfc /scannow either finds it corrupt, and repairs it, or does not find any problem at all. 2023-03-18 08:24:08, Info CSI 000001ff [SR] Repairing 1 components...
  4. sfc /scannow error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc /scannow error: I'm running sfc /scannow regularly, and i am getting back wierd results. It seems I have problem with one file, sfc /scannow either finds it corrupt, and repairs it, or does not find any problem at all. 2023-03-18 08:24:08, Info CSI 000001ff [SR] Repairing 1 components...
  5. sfc /scannow errors

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc /scannow errors: Hi all, I will appreciate it if you can help me fix my system errors. I am attaching CBS, FRST, Addition text files. Thank you in advance. Regards. 166129
  6. sfc /scannow errors

in Windows 10 Support
    sfc /scannow errors: Hi all, I will appreciate it if you can help me fix my system errors. I am attaching CBS, FRST, Addition text files. Thank you in advance. Regards. 166129
  7. sfc /scannow keeps finding errors

sfc /scannow keeps finding errors: When I run SFC /SCANNOW, even just straight in a row, he always states "found corrupt files" but I can't determine from the log why it keeps reporting issues. I'll upload the log of such a run: CBS.log 163942
  8. SFC /scannow - errors

SFC /scannow - errors: Hey all! I recently upgrade to Windows 10 2 weeks ago and for kicks I decided to run an SFC /scannow .. and It found a whole slew of errors! It's weird because I don't see anything wrong with the OS but I know there are according to the scanner. I ran it a few times,...
  9. sfc /scannow errors

sfc /scannow errors: I had a problem with chrome on windows 10, uninstalled it, new installer had malware on it. fixed it all up. system runs fine no problems. Decided to check sfc /scannow and got the corrupt files message "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix...
  10. SFC /SCANNOW Error

SFC /SCANNOW Error: When trying to run SFC /SCANNOW the following error is generated: C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service. Is this a knpown problem with solution? 20898