Windows 10: sfc /scannow Finds & Repairs after Storage Sense Temp Clean

Discus and support sfc /scannow Finds & Repairs after Storage Sense Temp Clean in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Saw this on both my platforms today after running <Settings><Storage><Temporary files><Remove Files> with just the default boxes checked. There was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Farvatten, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Farvatten Win User

sfc /scannow Finds & Repairs after Storage Sense Temp Clean

Saw this on both my platforms today after running <Settings><Storage><Temporary files><Remove Files>
    with just the default boxes checked.

There was about 2.5G of Updates that it found this time after this .267 Update

Code: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18362.267] (c) 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This process will take some time. Beginning verification phase of system scan. Verification 100% complete. Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations. ************************************************************************************************ ********** Storage Sense Cleaned Default Checked Temporary Files Here ************ ************************************************************************************************ C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This process will take some time. Beginning verification phase of system scan. Verification 100% complete. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag. C:\Windows\system32>[/quote]
    This is the first time I've seen anything significant to clean in Storage Sense since this Hash Corruption issue earlier in the month.

sfc /scannow failing after this latest Defender Platfom update.

I've never seen this behavior before with sfc /scannow finding and repairing corruption after an update that was subsequently cleaned by Storage Sense.

What it repaired is a mystery.

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log finds only a page of these:

Code: 2019-07-26 17:40:01, Info CSI 00000008 [SR] Verifying 100 components 2019-07-26 17:40:01, Info CSI 00000009 [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction 2019-07-26 17:40:02, Info CSI 0000000a [SR] Verify complete[/quote] However the CBS.log at the very beginning of this sfc /scanow that finds and repairs AFTER the clean does start out with this:

Code: 2019-07-28 08:32:14, Info CBS TiWorker: Client requests SFP repair object.[/quote]
    Scans after this come back clean with "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

:)

Farvatten, Jul 28, 2019

2. SFC scannow not working but verify only is working

there is no problem in chkdsk I've checked When I select command prompt and sfc scannow from f8 and repair.. it shows that a reboot is required for pending repair and pending renames folder in winsxs is full of files.. what should I do??

ELiTRiGG3R, Jul 28, 2019
  3. Cannot run sfc /scannow to completion despite being in safe mode and the PendingDeletes and PendingRenames folders exist under %WinDir%\WinSxS\Temp

Following this guide https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...er-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system I start Command Prompt as administrator.

sfc /scannow Finds & Repairs after Storage Sense Temp Clean OZmdt.png

I run this successfully

However on running

It fails at 68% complaining about

The original guide suggests trying in safe mode, which I have to no avail. 
    I note that the PendingDeletes and PendingRenames folders exist
    under %WinDir%\WinSxS\Temp do exist as the guide further suggests. 
    The folders have many files in them.

I am on Windows 10.

I have also tried the steps in: How to Fix: 'sfc /scannow' Fails, Won't Complete my sfcdetails.txt file does not have any errors in it and after doing most of the steps I am have been recommended to try using a windows repair dvd, getting the files from a known good source or running a repair install (if I manage to try this and it also doesn't work I'll update this post)

user1821961, Jul 28, 2019
  4. sfc /scannow Finds & Repairs after Storage Sense Temp Clean

sfc /scannow "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service"

Hi,

Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service is an error which may occur if you are trying to run the System File Checker tool (SFC /SCANNOW) to scan and repair Windows system files. To resolve this error, we suggest that you follow the
    steps below:

• Press the Windows + R keys to open run command box.
    • In the run command box, type services.msc, and press
      Enter.
    • In the list of services, double click the Windows Modules Installer service.
    • Set the startup type to Auto, and click OK.
    • Restart your computer.
    • After the restart, you'll be able to run the sfc /scannow command without any problems.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

sfc /scannow Finds & Repairs after Storage Sense Temp Clean

1. sfc /scannow Finds & Repairs after Storage Sense Temp Clean - Similar Threads - sfc scannow Finds

2. SFC /scannow always find corrupted files and claims successful repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC /scannow always find corrupted files and claims successful repair: Hi, My personal PC started having blue screen issues related to memory so I ran the sfc /scannow command a couple of times. I noticed that whenever I run this command the terminal always says that there are corrupted files detected and successfully repaired them even after a...
  3. sfc /scannow keeps finding errors

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc /scannow keeps finding errors: When I run SFC /SCANNOW, even just straight in a row, he always states "found corrupt files" but I can't determine from the log why it keeps reporting issues. I'll upload the log of such a run: CBS.log 163942
  4. Is it normal for SFC / scannow to finds and repair errors and a new PC?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is it normal for SFC / scannow to finds and repair errors and a new PC?: My PC is 2 months old and I ran SFC / scannow a few times. It found errors only one time and repaired them? I have a Kingston 120GB SSD for Windows and a WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD. I only use my PC for general browsing, YouTube, streaming services and some light Photoshop work....
  5. Is it normal for SFC / scannow to finds and repair errors and a new PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it normal for SFC / scannow to finds and repair errors and a new PC?: My PC is 2 months old and I ran SFC / scannow a few times. It found errors only one time and repaired them? I have a Kingston 120GB SSD for Windows and a WD Caviral Blue 1TB HDD. I only use my PC for general browsing, Youtube, streaming services and some light Photoshop...
  6. sfc /scannow error repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sfc /scannow error repair: Task bar icons suddenly stopped working (Start, action center, wifi, battery ) as well as ease of access keyboard Online discussions lead me to deliver sfc scannow action would solve it, I got the following list of errors 2019-10-07 01:17:23, Info CSI...
  7. Sfc/scannow error repair

Sfc/scannow error repair: Errors are reported which sfc cannot repair. I found some errors in the CBS.log. How do I tell if these are the (only) errors and how do I repair them? This is something of which I have no knowledge or experience. 2018-11-29 13:26:19, Info CSI 000046ef Error: Overlap:...
  8. sfc/scannow cannot repair

sfc/scannow cannot repair: I'm experiencing an issue with a corrupt file "close.png". It's not causing any issues with my daily activities, that I'm aware of, but while attempting to fix another issue relating to message "updater crashed" I keep running into this file saying unfixable. I've ran...
  9. 'SFC /scannow' errors on clean install

'SFC /scannow' errors on clean install: I decided to run 'SFC /scannow' on my recent clean install of Windows 10 and was surprised that it reported so many errors that cannot be repaired. I installed on a 256GB Samsung Pro SSD. After trying a few recommended fixes that all failed I decided to do clean install on a...
  10. "Errors" found by SFC/SCANNOW after clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Errors" found by SFC/SCANNOW after clean install: After attempting the 1511 upgrade (with disastrous results), I blew away the world and did a clean install of Windows 10, 1511 yesterday. It appears to be better - at least it'll boot consistently and be usable. Last evening, Windows popped up and yowled that it had a bunch...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sfc scannow temp

2. offline file flag

3. offlogfile flag

4. 10.0.18362.267 reparair