Windows 10: sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

Discus and support sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My PC‘s gone into a blue screen before because of a memory chip malfunctioning, and after replacing the memory chip I launched into the WINPE to run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ZhidaQiu, Jan 1, 2020.

1. ZhidaQiu Win User

sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

My PC‘s gone into a blue screen before because of a memory chip malfunctioning, and after replacing the memory chip I launched into the WINPE to run the following command: `sfc /SCANNOW /OFFBOOTDIR=d:\ /OFFWINDIR=d:\windows /OFFLOGFILE=c:\log.txt`.

Upon finishing, it prompted that the scan had found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them, and I found these lines in the log:

00000003 Servicing stack shim unable to mark handle 1d0 '\Device\Ramdisk{d9b257fc-684e-4dcb-ab79-03cfa2f6b750}\Windows\temp\SSS_dee5513405c0d501010000003405f804\msdelta.dll' for delete-on-close, error STATUS_CANNOT_DELETE

00000004 Servicing stack shim unable to mark handle 19c '\Device\Ramdisk{d9b257fc-684e-4dcb-ab79-03cfa2f6b750}\Windows\temp\SSS_dee5513405c0d501010000003405f804' for delete-on-close, error STATUS_DIRECTORY_NOT_EMPTY

00000003 Servicing stack shim unable to mark handle 1d4 '\Device\Ramdisk{d9b257fc-684e-4dcb-ab79-03cfa2f6b750}\Windows\temp\SSS_c2df069705c0d501010000008805ec02\msdelta.dll' for delete-on-close, error STATUS_CANNOT_DELETE
    00000004 Servicing stack shim unable to mark handle 194 '\Device\Ramdisk{d9b257fc-684e-4dcb-ab79-03cfa2f6b750}\Windows\temp\SSS_c2df069705c0d501010000008805ec02' for delete-on-close, error STATUS_DIRECTORY_NOT_EMPTY

Then I run the following commands in my normal desktop:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Then it prompted that it couldn't find the repair source, and directed me to this pagehttps://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...ure/desktop/configure-a-windows-repair-source for further information.

I read from the page this line: 'Windows Update will be used by default if it is allowed by the policy settings on the computer.'

But windows update should have been enabled in the settings. Am I supposed to go through the group policy editor to properly set it up, or should I download a Windows image .wim file from the Miscrosoft website?

:)

ZhidaQiu, Jan 1, 2020
  2. axe0 Win User

SFC Finds Corrupt Files but is Unable to Fix

When you get this error it means that the System File Check a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection simply could add/repair missing or corrupted files or other problems with these files.

If you get this error you should try the following a few times:
    • sfc/scannow
    • reboot
    • sfc/scannow
    Only when after a few times sfc/scannow still hasn't solved it, then you could try DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth.

A reboot is necessary for sfc in order to try to fix the problems, it usually takes a few tries for sfc to solve the problems.

axe0, Jan 1, 2020
  3. davidhk Win User
    Sfc /scannow..... found corrupt files but unable to fix some of them.

Final solution........ did a Repair Install. That fixes the sfc issue.

sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. [​IMG]

davidhk, Jan 1, 2020
  4. sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

SFC Finds Corrupt Files but is Unable to Fix

I tried your aforementioned method, rebooting 3 times, and running sfc /scannow 3 times, but with no luck I've decided to try the DISM method.

Thanks y'all!
    CV

CosmicVibe, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

1. sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. - Similar Threads - sfc scannow found

2. sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix so some of them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix so some of them: HelloI'm currently having some bluescreen and gaming problems with my PC and decided to do an "sfc /scannow" and it came back with "found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them". This is the log that can2024-02-23 03:42:27, Info CBS TI: --- Initializing Trusted...
  3. sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix so some of them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix so some of them: HelloI'm currently having some bluescreen and gaming problems with my PC and decided to do an "sfc /scannow" and it came back with "found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them". This is the log that can2024-02-23 03:42:27, Info CBS TI: --- Initializing Trusted...
  4. sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix so some of them

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them: I just downloaded a new game The Finals on steam, and I am unable to run the game due to a connection error TFLA0002. I am also receiving a popup that says "C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/mscms.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the...
  6. sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them: I just downloaded a new game The Finals on steam, and I am unable to run the game due to a connection error TFLA0002. I am also receiving a popup that says "C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/mscms.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the...
  7. sfc/scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sfc/scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them: In my CBS.log it says: Cannot repair member file [l:10]'bootux.dll' of Microsoft-Windows-BootUX.Deployment. Hashes for file member [l:10]'bootux.dll' do not match. Expected: {l:32 ml:33 b:09efb5b6f7815632b05b190da24ea5d6844cc5dcff80219903119e440f3d2479}. Actual: {l:32...
  8. SFC /Scannow failed, found some corrupt files but was unable to fix them.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    SFC /Scannow failed, found some corrupt files but was unable to fix them.: Two days ago, i tried running sfc scan and found that there was some corrupt files. I tried to use dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealthalso checkhealth and scanhealth, but the result said that there was no virus.I tried to check cbs.log manually and found Onedrive.lnk...
  9. Sfc /scannow..... found corrupt files but unable to fix some of them.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sfc /scannow..... found corrupt files but unable to fix some of them.: Win 10 version 1709 build 16299.402. I did a system file check and it said ........ "found corrupt files but unable to fix some of them". I am not looking for a solution, such as dism ..... restorehealth. I am just wondering if it is my computer or someone else is...
  10. sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix them

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix them: Hello. I'm using Windows 10 with the latest Skip Ahead build 17004. Running the OS on a Lenovo Z50-70 laptop. Because of boredom I decided to run the sfc /scannow command and it seems I got some errors. All the errors are something like: "Error: Overlap: Duplicate...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msdelta.dll error sfc