Windows 10: sfc /scannow Found errors, but couldn't fix all of them

Discus and support sfc /scannow Found errors, but couldn't fix all of them in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, everyone. As the title says, when I ran sfc /scannow just now, it reported that it found errors but was unable to fix all of them. Here's the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OsmanZakir, Sep 4, 2019.

1. sfc /scannow Found errors, but couldn't fix all of them

Hi, everyone.

As the title says, when I ran sfc /scannow just now, it reported that it found errors but was unable to fix all of them. Here's the full output:

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
    For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
    windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
    repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

The CBS log file is on my OneDrive. Here is a link.

The reason I ran the scan is because recently, I noticed that my right arrow key and some number keys on my numpad have stopped working. I don't know why it happened, but it seems to have started happening after a recent Windows Update. It's downloading and installing the update to version 1903 now, by the way. So I think I got all of the updates up to that point. Thanks in advance for any help for the problem.

Please note: I'm not sure if "Performance & system failures" is the right place to post this. Please move it if it isn't.

:)

OsmanZakir, Sep 4, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

sfc /scannow errors

Important thing to remember is that the SFC / SCANNOW cannot always fix all errors at once. It is quite often required to run SFC /SCANNOW several times.

I have often had a situation that only a third, fourth or fifth run has finally reported "No more errors".

This is how it should be done:

• SFC / SCANNOW
    • If SFC reports not all errors were fixed, reboot and run it again
    • SFC / SCANNOW
    • If SFC again reports not all errors were fixed, reboot and run it again
    • And so on
    Screenshot from the TenForums SFC tutorial:

sfc /scannow Found errors, but couldn't fix all of them [​IMG]

Kari, Sep 4, 2019
  3. Steve C Win User
    SFC /SCANNOW Errors After Update

I've just updated a Windows 8.1 Pro PC to Windows 10 using the Techbench ISO which updated without any problems. However, I've just run sfc /scannow and it found errors it could not repair. I have managed to get sfc /scannow to run without errors - see what I did below:

1. Ran sfc /scannow which showed error "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."
    2. Ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth which reported "The component store is repairable."
    3. Ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth which failed with Error: 0x800f081f "The source files could not be found.Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature."
    4. Mounted the W10 Techbench ISO and ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:wim:G:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess which reported successfully "The restore operation completed successfully."
    5. Ran sfc /scannow wich completed successfully with report "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them."

Please advise:
    1. Why would sfc /scannow fail on a newly updated installation which ran sfc /scannow error free immediately before the upgrade?
    2. Why did I have to use install.wim from the Techbench ISO at step 4 above for Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth to work and will I have to use install.wim from the Techbench ISO every time I need to run this Dism command?
    3. How can I configure my PC so it has the correct install.wim file for the Dism command to work properly?

Steve C, Sep 4, 2019
  4. sbaker51 Win User

sfc /scannow Found errors, but couldn't fix all of them

sfc scannow Error-Overlapsfc /scannow Found errors, but couldn't fix all of them :Duplicate ownership for directory

Win 10 Pro (64 bit) on Intel DP-43TF motherboard on an Q9650 core2 quad at 3GHz with 8GB memory.
    sfc /scannow fails at 66% completion with multiple "Error - Overlap: Duplicate ownership for directory" errors with different directories being listed.
    What needs to be done to resolve this issue to fix the issue?

I cannot upload the CBS.log file - the error is "Your file of 9.03 MB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 2.00 MB for this filetype."

Any suggestions?

sbaker51, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

sfc /scannow Found errors, but couldn't fix all of them

1. sfc /scannow Found errors, but couldn't fix all of them - Similar Threads - sfc scannow Found

2. SFC /SCANNOW found corrupt files but cannot fix some of them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC /SCANNOW found corrupt files but cannot fix some of them: Here's my CBS log, unfortunately i cannot paste the contents of it because it's unreadable, due to this forum's line character limit. Here's the link to my OneDrive folder containing CBS.log: Also it says here to use the /OFFLOGFILE flag but what excactly should I do ? Thank...
  3. SFC /scannow finds errors but cant fix them

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SFC /scannow finds errors but cant fix them: Hello whenever I try to run SFC /SCANNOW in CMD it finds errors but was unable to fix them. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow-finds-errors-but-cant-fix-them/83ae97df-c8ec-4e5f-ace3-1ff3479e6b4a
  4. SFC /SCANNOW says it found problems and couldn't fix them....NOW WHAT?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SFC /SCANNOW says it found problems and couldn't fix them....NOW WHAT?: This is a question I have seen asked more than once. The answer, of course, is to run DISM. And THEN to run SFC /SCANNOW again. This is my session from last evening which is what reminded me that I keep seeing this question. [ATTACH] Now, as you can see, I did exactly...
  5. Sfc /scannow found corrupted files but could not fix them

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sfc /scannow found corrupted files but could not fix them: Hey guys I tried the sfc /scannow and it found corrupted files but could not repair them also my situation is Whenever I try to turn my laptop on normally it blue screens and says "Critical service failed" and sometime is mentions something about trail.txt or something like...
  6. Windows 10 sfc /scannow couldn't fix errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 sfc /scannow couldn't fix errors: I'm having real problems with my OS. I'm currently unable to install few programs and although I ran sfc it was unable to fix these issues. I zipped the log file but I'm not sure how to send it here. copy paste is not a valid solution, it froze my pc almost :p...
  7. sfc /scannow found corrupted files but could not fix them.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc /scannow found corrupted files but could not fix them.: Hello. For quite a while, my computer had slow boot up and shutdown times and I searched online that sfc /scannow could probably help. I've tried every method regarding sfc /scannow and nothing worked. I've also included a CBS Log file to help me (the file size is 1mb too...
  8. sfc /scannow found errors

sfc /scannow found errors: I ran "sfc /scannow" just for the heck of it and it found the following errors. CbsPersist_20150814233244.zip [img] Can anyone decipher the issue(s) it's pointing to? And perhaps know how to resolve it? 17116
  9. sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix them

sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix them: Hello. I'm using Windows 10 with the latest Skip Ahead build 17004. Running the OS on a Lenovo Z50-70 laptop. Because of boredom I decided to run the sfc /scannow command and it seems I got some errors. All the errors are something like: "Error: Overlap: Duplicate...
  10. SFC/SCANNOW and DISM found errors, but couldnt fix them

in Windows 10 Support
    SFC/SCANNOW and DISM found errors, but couldnt fix them: Hello. My laptop become slower and slower every year, but seeing my father's PC running Windows 10 flawlessly with about a half of my laptop specs, I've started to wonder if i'm doing something wrong. Therefore, searching the forums, I've found that i could run a sfc/scannow...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 scannow found errors but coukdnt fix it

2. windows 10 sfc/scannow couldnt fix all errors

3. windows 10 sfc found errors