Windows 10: Sfc /scannow gave me a failure to fix issues?

Discus and support Sfc /scannow gave me a failure to fix issues? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I ran Sfc /scannow and it said there were errors it could not fix. Can someone interpret the CBS.log and tell me what I can do to clean it up?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by moleshire, Jul 14, 2019.

1. moleshire Win User

Sfc /scannow gave me a failure to fix issues?

moleshire, Jul 14, 2019
  2. CosmicG Win User

sfc -scannow failure

I've been having occasional slowdowns on my laptop and it was suggested I run sfc- scannow to check to see if there was anything amiss in Windows files but when I try to run it the scan fails in the verification phase at 25% every time. I was wondering if
    anyone knew what could be causing this and how to fix the issue.

Thanks.

CosmicG, Jul 14, 2019
  3. SFC scannow not working but verify only is working

there is no problem in chkdsk I've checked When I select command prompt and sfc scannow from f8 and repair.. it shows that a reboot is required for pending repair and pending renames folder in winsxs is full of files.. what should I do??

ELiTRiGG3R, Jul 14, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

sfc /scannow errors

Important thing to remember is that the SFC / SCANNOW cannot always fix all errors at once. It is quite often required to run SFC /SCANNOW several times.

I have often had a situation that only a third, fourth or fifth run has finally reported "No more errors".

This is how it should be done:

• SFC / SCANNOW
    • If SFC reports not all errors were fixed, reboot and run it again
    • SFC / SCANNOW
    • If SFC again reports not all errors were fixed, reboot and run it again
    • And so on
    Screenshot from the TenForums SFC tutorial:

Sfc /scannow gave me a failure to fix issues? [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Sfc /scannow gave me a failure to fix issues? - Similar Threads - Sfc scannow gave

2. SFC /Scannow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC /Scannow: When I do the SFC /Scannow from the CMD and within the admin area I am seeing after the scan the Verify Only is showing as No repair operation is performed.Is this informing me that I have to do the repair or no repair is needed from my end?Kenneth...
  3. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow: Hey.I've exhuasted all recommendations regarding how to fix the sfc/ scannow command and make it work, namely did the trustedinstaller thing from cmd, i changed the windows modules installer to auto and then back to manual, but I keep receiving the same messages. When I type...
  4. SFC / scannow

in Windows 10 Customization
    SFC / scannow: I ran SFC / scannow and I'm not sure there was a message. What can I do? I check the application event log for events 1001 and “SFC” I check the DISM.log file I use findstr in CMD to find "[SR]" entries in CBS.log Or Run SFC / showlog...
  5. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sfc /scannow: Hi all, does anyone know anything about the logs in sfc /scannow? When I scan my Windows I get no integrity violations however in my logs I see a few things such as: 0000018b Warning: Overlap: Directory \??\C:\Program Files (x86)\ is owned twice or has its security set...
  6. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc /scannow: i ran sfc /scannow and got when it reched around 54% i got the followingmessage "Windows Resources Protection could not perform the requested operation" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow/425af61f-5e61-4f8e-badc-1e44ae02698e
  7. Failure SFC /scannow

Failure SFC /scannow: Hello, I am having several BSoD errors like 0XC000021a and some applications give me the error 0xc000012f for example C: \ Windows \ SYSTEM32 \ AVICAP32.DLL is not designed to run on windows ... Searching in Google I read that one of the solutions was to do the sfc / scannow....
  8. sfc /scannow

sfc /scannow: when I run sfc /scannow in command prompt it will only run to 71% and than it stop, how can i fix that problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow/5f81a97e-769a-413c-8139-2871d8c08b5f
  9. Sfc scannow/dism failure – need help for manual fix

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sfc scannow/dism failure – need help for manual fix: Repeated attempts of running sfc /scannow halts at 96% with this message: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them". Running DISM commands (tried several different orders repeatedly) like: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth...
  10. Microsoft Fixing opencl.dll issue in SFC /SCANNOW soon

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Fixing opencl.dll issue in SFC /SCANNOW soon: Source: The System File Checker (sfc.exe) may incorrectly report that opencl.dll is corrupt in Windows 10-Microsoft community

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sfc scannow gave error how to fix