Windows 10: SFC /Scannow is failing. Should I be worried?

Discus and support SFC /Scannow is failing. Should I be worried? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Heres my CBS.LOG... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sandro-V.A., Apr 24, 2020.

1. SFC /Scannow is failing. Should I be worried?

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

Heres my CBS.LOG https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hUv8QrmzKlH4Tysrbcd3WV2Io3jmOPyB

Thanks a lot in advance!

:)

Sandro-V.A., Apr 24, 2020

2. SFC scannow not working but verify only is working

there is no problem in chkdsk I've checked When I select command prompt and sfc scannow from f8 and repair.. it shows that a reboot is required for pending repair and pending renames folder in winsxs is full of files.. what should I do??

ELiTRiGG3R, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Steve C Win User
    SFC /SCANNOW Errors After Update

I've just updated a Windows 8.1 Pro PC to Windows 10 using the Techbench ISO which updated without any problems. However, I've just run sfc /scannow and it found errors it could not repair. I have managed to get sfc /scannow to run without errors - see what I did below:

1. Ran sfc /scannow which showed error "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."
    2. Ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth which reported "The component store is repairable."
    3. Ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth which failed with Error: 0x800f081f "The source files could not be found.Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature."
    4. Mounted the W10 Techbench ISO and ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:wim:G:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess which reported successfully "The restore operation completed successfully."
    5. Ran sfc /scannow wich completed successfully with report "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them."

Please advise:
    1. Why would sfc /scannow fail on a newly updated installation which ran sfc /scannow error free immediately before the upgrade?
    2. Why did I have to use install.wim from the Techbench ISO at step 4 above for Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth to work and will I have to use install.wim from the Techbench ISO every time I need to run this Dism command?
    3. How can I configure my PC so it has the correct install.wim file for the Dism command to work properly?

Steve C, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

SFC /Scannow is failing. Should I be worried?

sfc /scannow error repair

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We appreciate the efforts you have taken in trying to resolve this issue. I have analyzed the error logs that you have shared and I would suggest you follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Type Command Prompt in the
      search bar
      on the Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the Command Prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Now, paste the following command and hit Enter:
      DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    4. Once the DISM command is executed, we would suggest you to run sfc /scannow again.

If the integrity violations are not repaired after running sfc scan, the best option will be performing a repair installation. A repair installation will repair all the corrupted files.

Refer the steps mentioned below:

Download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT) and use it to perform a repair installation
    of Windows 10. We have a video that can show you how if you aren’t sure

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

SFC /Scannow is failing. Should I be worried?

1. SFC /Scannow is failing. Should I be worried? - Similar Threads - SFC Scannow failing

2. sfc/scannow after it i forced shut down my computer should i be worried

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc/scannow after it i forced shut down my computer should i be worried: I accidentally installed a font via the additional features and then i stopped it and then i restarted my computer it said updates are underway I got a little scared so i shut down my computer and booted it back up after a automatic scan and repair disk i did sfc /scannow it...
  3. sfc/scannow after it i forced shut down my computer should i be worried

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sfc/scannow after it i forced shut down my computer should i be worried: I accidentally installed a font via the additional features and then i stopped it and then i restarted my computer it said updates are underway I got a little scared so i shut down my computer and booted it back up after a automatic scan and repair disk i did sfc /scannow it...
  4. SFC / SCANNOW failing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SFC / SCANNOW failing.: Hi guys, when i task my pc with sfc /scannow, it fails. Below is a screenshot of it. [ATTACH] I am also unable to install one of the new windows updates as it keeps failing. it is this one. [ATTACH] Thanks!...
  5. Should i be worried?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should i be worried?: Apologies for bad English, So,some month ago I accidentally downloaded a virus on my windows 10 PC and i got rid of it after some times,but today I noticed that my PC had an app called Walliant on it,I googled the name and i learned that there is a virus version of this app...
  6. Should I worry ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I worry ?: Processing img gcbd5uhlh3361... submitted by /u/TechieNikhil [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k6dipi/should_i_worry/
  7. Should I Be Concerned? SFC/Scannow Errors.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Should I Be Concerned? SFC/Scannow Errors.: Sometimes ignorance is bliss, especially with Windows 10. Saw the Tutorial when you could add SFC/SCANNOW to the drop down menu, so I did. Ran SFC/SCANNOW and of course the report that was generated stated that there were errors that could not be repaired (posted below, I...
  8. Sfc /scannow and DISM /Online fails

Sfc /scannow and DISM /Online fails: My Lenovo T400 with Windows 10 version 1511 works just fine. But I do find that these 2 commands fail me. Logs are attached. I do want to preserve some applications that I have installed so suggestions on how I can repair or upgrade would be appreciated. It's my understanding...
  9. sfc /scannow failed

sfc /scannow failed: Hi guys , I have a laptop with windows 10 home upgraded from windows 7 home ( engl/us ) I've installed Windows anniversary update 1607 successfuly and I've created a DVD installation disk too, burning the .iso file to disk (imgburn) A few days before I ran from command...
  10. SFC errors. Should I worry?

SFC errors. Should I worry?: Hi I ran sfc scan now and there were problems it could not resolve. I looked at the CBS log but it made little sense to me. However, the PC seems to running perfectly fine so should I bother addressing the SFC problems? 100591