Windows 10: Sfc/scannow not working

Discus and support Sfc/scannow not working in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After running the scan I got an error saying that it was unable to fix corrupt files and after running dism component cleanup and restore health no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by santdam, Sep 21, 2015.

1. santdam Win User

Sfc/scannow not working

After running the scan I got an error saying that it was unable to fix corrupt files and after running dism component cleanup and restore health no change

Should I restart? will that effect anything?*Think

:)

santdam, Sep 21, 2015

2. sfc /scannow not working

Hi,

When ever I am trying to run sfc /scannow, it stops verification at 19% with message Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation. I have tried it on command prompt (Administrator) and even in safe mode but same result. Please
    guide.

Deepak Kumar,

Kolkata.

DEEPAK_KUMAR_2016, Sep 21, 2015
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 21, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Sfc/scannow not working

Brink, Sep 21, 2015
  5. santdam Win User
    I did the steps and I have received the file on my desktop but upon opening there is nothing there like not one letter that I can see , I did all the steps correctly and I have ran sfc/scannow before
    So it should be there right?*Huh

santdam, Sep 22, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It depends. If you ran SFC at boot, it wouldn't be logged.

Brink, Sep 22, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    In a command prompt at boot.

Brink, Sep 22, 2015
  8. santdam Win User

Sfc/scannow not working

How would I do such a thing if I was running win 10?

santdam, Sep 23, 2015
  9. santdam Win User
    never mind I have figured out how to do it
    But once I get to command prompt what steps would you like me to do
    (after getting into advanced settings what commands do I put in?)*Wink

santdam, Sep 23, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 23, 2015
  11. santdam Win User
    I will try that thank you

santdam, Sep 23, 2015
  12. santdam Win User
    I have done the thing saying to do the sfc three times and restart every time
    In which I have done still no fix currently I am depending on this from a Microsoft technician but I am waiting for further orders from them:
    Follow the below steps:

1) Press Windows key + x key and Select Command prompt (Admin).

2) Type the following commands.

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

The instructions I want from them are after typing that into cmd do I restart the computer then do sfc or do sfc right after putting it in

santdam, Sep 24, 2015
  13. santdam Win User

Sfc/scannow not working

I have tried that option three ,restarting after each one still nothing,

santdam, Sep 24, 2015
  14. santdam Win User
    disregard that one right there^ thought the other one didn't go through

santdam, Sep 24, 2015
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 24, 2015
Thema:

Sfc/scannow not working

1. Sfc/scannow not working - Similar Threads - Sfc scannow working

2. SFC scannow not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC scannow not working: As some background, my laptop's been having problems for a while now. These problems include-- Being unable to install Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 Install error - 0x8007371b- Being unable to install Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for...
  3. SFC Scannow is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC Scannow is not working: When I try to enter the SFC Scannow command in command prompt it returns with "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service". What would I do to fix this?I am also limited as Everytime I restart my PC it sends me to the automatic repair screen....
  4. SFC Scannow is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SFC Scannow is not working: When I try to enter the SFC Scannow command in command prompt it returns with "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service". What would I do to fix this?I am also limited as Everytime I restart my PC it sends me to the automatic repair screen....
  5. sfc /scannow not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow not working: Hello! Ive been facing this issue where "sfc /scannow" isnt working, whenever i try the command, i get "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service." also, i tried DISM commands. The first "CheckHealth" didnt do anything, The second "ScanHealth" stopped at...
  6. sfc /scannow not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sfc /scannow not working: Hello! Ive been facing this issue where "sfc /scannow" isnt working, whenever i try the command, i get "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service." also, i tried DISM commands. The first "CheckHealth" didnt do anything, The second "ScanHealth" stopped at...
  7. “sfc /scannow” not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “sfc /scannow” not working: I tried to use “sfc/scannow” but it says that “windows resource protection could not start the repair service” is there any way I can fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow-not-working/771a79b6-4c06-4790-be20-8943b556c669
  8. sfc /scannow not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc /scannow not working: Hello, I have recently gotten a BSOD error for KMODE_EXEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, and I tried to run sfc /scannow in administrator CMD prompt. It started just fine, but once it got to 50% it stopped saying "windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation". I...
  9. SFC /Scannow not working

SFC /Scannow not working: Hello Community; I have an HP desktop PC with an OS of Windows 10 Home. The PC started acting erratically, I was instructed to do a SFC /Scannow, which I did and an error showed up of 0x800f081f, which indicated CORRUPT files on the system. I then ( at CMD...
  10. Sfc scannow not working

Sfc scannow not working: My PC isn't working well recently, so i used the sfc /scannow command on command prompt. But it just got this error "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation." Any help is appreciated about this...