Windows 10: sfc /scannow repaired files, but CBS.log doesn't say which ones

Discus and support sfc /scannow repaired files, but CBS.log doesn't say which ones in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've been trying to find the cause of BSODs I've been getting recently. One thing I've tried is running sfc /scannow. It reported that it found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by clintr1974, Sep 9, 2020.

1. sfc /scannow repaired files, but CBS.log doesn't say which ones

Hi,

I've been trying to find the cause of BSODs I've been getting recently. One thing I've tried is running sfc /scannow. It reported that it found corrupt files and successfully repaired them - and that I should look at the CBS.log file for details. I filtered all the lines containing "[SR]" from the CBS.log file but it doesn't have any information on the repairs as far as I can tell. Basically there is this repeating pattern:

Verifying 100 components
    Beginning Verify and Repair transaction

Verify complete

Then the last 3 lines are:

Repairing 0 components

Beginning Verify and Repair transaction

Repair complete

How can I find out which files, if any, were corrupt? Also, how would they have gotten corrupted anyway?

Thanks

:)

clintr1974, Sep 9, 2020

2. sfc /scannow error

That's why Im asking the question. Am I correct in thinking that its perfectly normal that after the second running of sfc /scannow in your list you would get :-

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.
    Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.
    Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
    For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
    windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
    repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

Then after that..its the third sfc /scannow that you list that comes up clean .
    Ivghandi was saying that he presumed that the second sfc /scannow you list showing "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them" meant that he still had a problem.

The way I understand that DISM works is that it repairs the Component Store. Then when you run SFC /scannow again it can then repair the file corruptions it detected originally. Have I got that correct?

sportsfan148, Sep 9, 2020
  3. SFC scannow not working but verify only is working

there is no problem in chkdsk I've checked When I select command prompt and sfc scannow from f8 and repair.. it shows that a reboot is required for pending repair and pending renames folder in winsxs is full of files.. what should I do??

ELiTRiGG3R, Sep 9, 2020
  4. KianBral Win User

sfc /scannow repaired files, but CBS.log doesn't say which ones

Half my sfc /scannow log files cannot be repaired

Hi,

I recently tried opening some programs on my computer and some have been giving me this error: "C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_5.82.7601.18837_none_a4d981ff711297b6\COMCTL32.dll is either not designed to run on
    Windows or it contains an error."

The internet suggested that I run sfc /scannow in elevated cmd prompt which I did, but then it gave me the error that

"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log."

So when I looked at the log, it turns out that seemingly half of my files either say "cannot verify component files for..." or "Cannot repair member file..." and I'm not sure what to do. Is there an easy way to repair
    all these files? My windows 7 installation disk tried repairing my Windows installation but it didn't work. Can you guys help?

Thanks

KianBral, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

sfc /scannow repaired files, but CBS.log doesn't say which ones

1. sfc /scannow repaired files, but CBS.log doesn't say which ones - Similar Threads - sfc scannow repaired

2. The SFC scannow misisng windir\Logs\CBS\.log

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The SFC scannow misisng windir\Logs\CBS\.log: I ran a sfc scannow command prompt to fix my windows 10 and computer files. It could not fix some corrupted files. It did give this - windir\logs\cbs\cbs.log but none of that is on my computer. I've searched an there is nothing on the c drive. Is there something I can do to...
  3. The SFC scannow misisng windir\Logs\CBS\.log

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The SFC scannow misisng windir\Logs\CBS\.log: I ran a sfc scannow command prompt to fix my windows 10 and computer files. It could not fix some corrupted files. It did give this - windir\logs\cbs\cbs.log but none of that is on my computer. I've searched an there is nothing on the c drive. Is there something I can do to...
  4. The SFC scannow misisng windir\Logs\CBS\.log

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. cbs sfc/scannow interpreting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cbs sfc/scannow interpreting: Hello, I just did an sfc /scannow and it came out that errors have been corrected and that I have reviewed the cbs file, which I don't know how to interpret, if anyone can help me... file link https://1drv.ms/u/s!Akydfmp45OsXkAM6kng7-7F0bO4z?e=y7If62 I thank you in advance...
  6. cbs sfc/scannow interpreting

cbs sfc/scannow interpreting: Hello, I just did an sfc /scannow and it came out that errors have been corrected and that I have reviewed the cbs file, which I don't know how to interpret, if anyone can help me... file link https://1drv.ms/u/s!Akydfmp45OsXkAM6kng7-7F0bO4z?e=y7If62 I thank you in advance...
  7. cbs sfc/scannow interpreting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. SFC not repairing file. HRESULT = 0x80070002 In CBS Log

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC not repairing file. HRESULT = 0x80070002 In CBS Log: Hey, I have been having problems updating my computer for awhile pushing them off thinking nothing of it but just recently I was trying to install apps on MC Store and it would not download as well as my Windows Updates, giving me the error 0x800703f1. I did some research and...
  9. SFC not repairing file. HRESULT = 0x80070002 In CBS Log

SFC not repairing file. HRESULT = 0x80070002 In CBS Log: Hey, I have been having problems updating my computer for awhile pushing them off thinking nothing of it but just recently I was trying to install apps on MC Store and it would not download as well as my Windows Updates, giving me the error 0x800703f1. I did some research and...
  10. SFC not repairing file. HRESULT = 0x80070002 In CBS Log

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade