Windows 10: SFC /scannow repairs-now many warnings in Device manager

Discus and support SFC /scannow repairs-now many warnings in Device manager in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After doing SFC /scannow I have warnings on : all Storage AND IDE/ATA controllers as well as Display adapter Hi I have a brand new motherboard and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Jazzy, May 4, 2021.

1. Jazzy Win User

SFC /scannow repairs-now many warnings in Device manager

After doing SFC /scannow I have warnings on : all Storage AND IDE/ATA controllers as well as Display adapter Hi I have a brand new motherboard and processor which I installed last March. ASUS Prime B460-Plus (latest UEFI Bios) i5-10400 WD BLUE NAND SSD 500TB (5 months old) WD My Passport external HDD (4 months old) OLD WD HDD on PCIe adapter Windows 10 PRO 20h2 (Built 19042.928) all up to date. All latest drivers 1) After issues (happened on different days bu talways same number of bytes from file error) with doing Backup images with Macrium (Verification failed reading 65545 bytes from file. Error code = 23) at around 90 and 97% on an WD Passport external drive, I used Western Digital Data LifeGuard Diagnostics - WinDlg (DLGDIAG for Windows) v1.37 and did an extended test 5 hours or more which found no error as well as a the quick one that tests the cable as well and it found nothing. CHKDSK found nothing either. I did the tests after I noticed that around the same time of the backup errors there were multiple instances of event id 7 "bad block on disk2" (which is the external drive) and some event id 11 "the driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk2\DR2". I also have many event id regarding fail to read errors of shadowcopies (different ones) as well as master table and NTFS errors too many different ones to state here and not only on the days of the failed backups. 2) So last night I executed SFC /scannow which found errors and repaired. After this I noticed that all of a sudden, in device manager, the Display adapter had a yellow warning. I checked in properties it says the device is working properly and is the latest from Intel. I knew Windows update had the Intel driver as an optional update but the one just before the latest so I installed it. Nothing changed. I did a shutdown and restart just in case. When I went back I now had all storage as well as all IDE/ATA ATAPI controllers with the warning as well. Nothing in properties to suggest anything is wrong. I had prepared a filtered view of System Events but I it's a .evtx extension and not allowed here. I know I have 2 problems here but just wanted to give context to chain of events. Thanks

:)

Jazzy, May 4, 2021
  2. Try3 Win User

There are no warnings on any of your posted Device manager entries. Enlarge your picture and you'll see that those are just fancy icons.

This is what Device manager warnings look like

SFC /scannow repairs-now many warnings in Device manager [​IMG]

Denis

Try3, May 4, 2021
  3. Jazzy Win User

After doing SFC /scannow I have warnings on : all Storage AND IDE/ATA controllers as well as Display adapter

Hi

I have a brand new motherboard and processor which I installed last March.

ASUS Prime B460-Plus (latest UEFI Bios)

i5-10400

WD BLUE NAND SSD 500TB (5 months old)

WD My Passport external HDD (4 months old)

OLD WD HDD on PCIe adapter

Windows 10 PRO 20h2 (Built 19042.928) all up to date.

All latest drivers

1) After issues (happened on different days bu talways same number of bytes from file error) with doing Backup images with Macrium (Verification failed reading 65545 bytes from file. Error code = 23) at around 90 and 97% on an WD Passport external drive, I used Western Digital Data LifeGuard Diagnostics - WinDlg (DLGDIAG for Windows) v1.37 and did an extended test 5 hours or more which found no error as well as a the quick one that tests the cable as well and it found nothing. CHKDSK found nothing either.

I did the tests after I noticed that around the same time of the backup errors there were multiple instances of event id 7 "bad block on disk2" (which is the external drive) and some event id 11 "the driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk2\DR2".

I also have many event id regarding fail to read errors of shadowcopies (different ones) as well as master table and NTFS errors too many different ones to state here and not only on the days of the failed backups.

2) So last night I executed SFC /scannow which found errors and repaired. After this I noticed that all of a sudden, in device manager, the Display adapter had a yellow warning. I checked in properties it says the device is working properly and is the latest from Intel. I knew Windows update had the Intel driver as an optional update but the one just before the latest so I installed it. Nothing changed. I did a shutdown and restart just in case. When I went back I now had all storage as well as all IDE/ATA ATAPI controllers with the warning as well. Nothing in properties to suggest anything is wrong.

SFC /scannow repairs-now many warnings in Device manager [​IMG]

I had prepared a filtered view of System Events but I it's a .evtx extension and not allowed here.

I know I have 2 problems here but just wanted to give context to chain of events.

Thanks

Jazzy, May 4, 2021
  4. SFC /scannow repairs-now many warnings in Device manager

SFC scannow not working but verify only is working

there is no problem in chkdsk I've checked When I select command prompt and sfc scannow from f8 and repair.. it shows that a reboot is required for pending repair and pending renames folder in winsxs is full of files.. what should I do??

ELiTRiGG3R, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. SFC /scannow repairs-now many warnings in Device manager - Similar Threads - SFC scannow repairs

2. SFC /SCANNOW unable to repair some files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SFC /SCANNOW unable to repair some files: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."I've been trying to fix my AMD software, it will not install it had said to follow these possible steps to fix " https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-kb1603 " none of them have worked, I...
  3. sfc /scannow Errors, Now What?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc /scannow Errors, Now What?: OK, so sometimes possibly you're better off not knowing. Running Windows 10, 1909 and everything is functioning perfectly, or so I thought. No errors, nothing, not a single hiccup. Then I run sfc /scannow, maybe just because I'm curious, maybe too much time on my hands. In...
  4. sfc /scannow

sfc /scannow: i ran sfc /scannow and got when it reched around 54% i got the followingmessage "Windows Resources Protection could not perform the requested operation" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow/425af61f-5e61-4f8e-badc-1e44ae02698e
  5. sfc /scannow

sfc /scannow: when I run sfc /scannow in command prompt it will only run to 71% and than it stop, how can i fix that problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow/5f81a97e-769a-413c-8139-2871d8c08b5f
  6. sfc /scannow error repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sfc /scannow error repair: Task bar icons suddenly stopped working (Start, action center, wifi, battery ) as well as ease of access keyboard Online discussions lead me to deliver sfc scannow action would solve it, I got the following list of errors 2019-10-07 01:17:23, Info CSI...
  7. SFC scannow and DISM can't repair MicrosoftEdgeSquare44x44

SFC scannow and DISM can't repair MicrosoftEdgeSquare44x44: So I ran sfc scannow because I feel something odd about my windows, I have felt this since couple months ago. The result was "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them". Below I attach my cbs log. I did run the sfc scannow couple times...
  8. Sfc/scannow error repair

Sfc/scannow error repair: Errors are reported which sfc cannot repair. I found some errors in the CBS.log. How do I tell if these are the (only) errors and how do I repair them? This is something of which I have no knowledge or experience. 2018-11-29 13:26:19, Info CSI 000046ef Error: Overlap:...
  9. Can't repair some files sfc scannow

Can't repair some files sfc scannow: Hi everyone, I installed Windows 10 today and after setting up everything, tweaking etc. I decided to re-overclock my GPU except I forgot what I used to have my core clock at so I accidentally pushed it a bit further than it could handle. Needless to say it crashed during...
  10. sfc/scannow cannot repair

sfc/scannow cannot repair: I'm experiencing an issue with a corrupt file "close.png". It's not causing any issues with my daily activities, that I'm aware of, but while attempting to fix another issue relating to message "updater crashed" I keep running into this file saying unfixable. I've ran...