Windows 10: SFC /SCANNOW says it found problems and couldn't fix them....NOW WHAT?

Discus and support SFC /SCANNOW says it found problems and couldn't fix them....NOW WHAT? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is a question I have seen asked more than once. The answer, of course, is to run DISM. And THEN to run SFC /SCANNOW again. This is my session... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Amy1CW, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Amy1CW Win User

SFC /SCANNOW says it found problems and couldn't fix them....NOW WHAT?

This is a question I have seen asked more than once. The answer, of course, is to run DISM. And THEN to run SFC /SCANNOW again.

This is my session from last evening which is what reminded me that I keep seeing this question.

SFC /SCANNOW says it found problems and couldn't fix them....NOW WHAT? 53ac6fb6-f1f7-4fc3-a0c6-e847c1f4bb67?upload=true.png

Now, as you can see, I did exactly what I SAID should be done until all the problems were repaired. Then I stopped and went back to enjoying my computer.

Had it been necessary I might have also run CHDSK/F ("F" does not, in this case, indicate the drive. It means "Fix" "C"---my main hard drive---is the one it is fixing) and then run SCANNOW THIRD time.

If none of that works it may be time to look for hardware problems which may lead to buying a new computer.

Oh...I should probably mention why I ran this in the first place. Cortana had stopped responding to verbal input and there was some other behavior from my computer that was a bit "off" so I looked into why. Good practice, always.

I know we get frustrated at times like that and just go ahead with what we were doing (or try to---and I COULD have) instead of taking the time to fix the issues but that's not really the best way to handle this.

The BEST way is to TAKE the to fix problems WHEN they occur...otherwise things just get worse.

It isn't time WASTED at all. It is time well spent

:)

Amy1CW, Aug 8, 2019

2. SFC scannow not working but verify only is working

there is no problem in chkdsk I've checked When I select command prompt and sfc scannow from f8 and repair.. it shows that a reboot is required for pending repair and pending renames folder in winsxs is full of files.. what should I do??

ELiTRiGG3R, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Ghost82 Win User
    sfc /scannow says this.

Well, I think we don¡t need the log, hahaha. The sfc report says everything is good now:

SFC /SCANNOW says it found problems and couldn't fix them....NOW WHAT? [​IMG]

I guess the DISM thing solved it? It's a mistery to me.

Anyway, with this tool I'm a little bit psyched. It's good to run the scf on a kind of routine, or only if we see that something is messed up? I ask this because I wasn't experiencing anything bad, but did it and found those lines.

Ghost82, Aug 8, 2019
  4. SFC /SCANNOW says it found problems and couldn't fix them....NOW WHAT?

sfc /scannow error

That's why Im asking the question. Am I correct in thinking that its perfectly normal that after the second running of sfc /scannow in your list you would get :-

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.
    Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.
    Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
    For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
    windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
    repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

Then after that..its the third sfc /scannow that you list that comes up clean .
    Ivghandi was saying that he presumed that the second sfc /scannow you list showing "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them" meant that he still had a problem.

The way I understand that DISM works is that it repairs the Component Store. Then when you run SFC /scannow again it can then repair the file corruptions it detected originally. Have I got that correct?

sportsfan148, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

SFC /SCANNOW says it found problems and couldn't fix them....NOW WHAT?

1. SFC /SCANNOW says it found problems and couldn't fix them....NOW WHAT? - Similar Threads - SFC SCANNOW says

2. sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them: I just downloaded a new game The Finals on steam, and I am unable to run the game due to a connection error TFLA0002. I am also receiving a popup that says "C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/mscms.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the...
  3. SFC /SCANNOW found corrupt files but cannot fix some of them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC /SCANNOW found corrupt files but cannot fix some of them: Here's my CBS log, unfortunately i cannot paste the contents of it because it's unreadable, due to this forum's line character limit. Here's the link to my OneDrive folder containing CBS.log: Also it says here to use the /OFFLOGFILE flag but what excactly should I do ? Thank...
  4. sfc/scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sfc/scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them: In my CBS.log it says: Cannot repair member file [l:10]'bootux.dll' of Microsoft-Windows-BootUX.Deployment. Hashes for file member [l:10]'bootux.dll' do not match. Expected: {l:32 ml:33 b:09efb5b6f7815632b05b190da24ea5d6844cc5dcff80219903119e440f3d2479}. Actual: {l:32...
  5. sfc /scannow Found errors, but couldn't fix all of them

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc /scannow Found errors, but couldn't fix all of them: Hi, everyone. As the title says, when I ran sfc /scannow just now, it reported that it found errors but was unable to fix all of them. Here's the full output: Beginning system scan. This process will take some time. Beginning verification phase of system scan....
  6. Sfc /scannow found corrupted files but could not fix them

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sfc /scannow found corrupted files but could not fix them: Hey guys I tried the sfc /scannow and it found corrupted files but could not repair them also my situation is Whenever I try to turn my laptop on normally it blue screens and says "Critical service failed" and sometime is mentions something about trail.txt or something like...
  7. Sfc /scannow..... found corrupt files but unable to fix some of them.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sfc /scannow..... found corrupt files but unable to fix some of them.: Win 10 version 1709 build 16299.402. I did a system file check and it said ........ "found corrupt files but unable to fix some of them". I am not looking for a solution, such as dism ..... restorehealth. I am just wondering if it is my computer or someone else is...
  8. sfc /scannow found corrupted files but could not fix them.

sfc /scannow found corrupted files but could not fix them.: Hello. For quite a while, my computer had slow boot up and shutdown times and I searched online that sfc /scannow could probably help. I've tried every method regarding sfc /scannow and nothing worked. I've also included a CBS Log file to help me (the file size is 1mb too...
  9. sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix them

sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix them: Hello. I'm using Windows 10 with the latest Skip Ahead build 17004. Running the OS on a Lenovo Z50-70 laptop. Because of boredom I decided to run the sfc /scannow command and it seems I got some errors. All the errors are something like: "Error: Overlap: Duplicate...
  10. SFC/SCANNOW and DISM found errors, but couldnt fix them

in Windows 10 Support
    SFC/SCANNOW and DISM found errors, but couldnt fix them: Hello. My laptop become slower and slower every year, but seeing my father's PC running Windows 10 flawlessly with about a half of my laptop specs, I've started to wonder if i'm doing something wrong. Therefore, searching the forums, I've found that i could run a sfc/scannow...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sfc scannow found errors but couldnt fix them

2. SFC scan found 2 files it could not remove what next

3. sfc scanner found issues but couldnt fix

4. widows sfc/scannow says cant fix isues