Windows 10: sfc /scannow showing Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service."

Discus and support sfc /scannow showing Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service." in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When i try to run sfc /scannow it shows me that "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.". It use to work before but now it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by valentinasmasiulis, Oct 28, 2020.

1. sfc /scannow showing Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service."

When i try to run sfc /scannow it shows me that "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.". It use to work before but now it doesn't and i am not sure why.

:)

valentinasmasiulis, Oct 28, 2020

2. sfc /scannow "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service"

Hi,

Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service is an error which may occur if you are trying to run the System File Checker tool (SFC /SCANNOW) to scan and repair Windows system files. To resolve this error, we suggest that you follow the
    steps below:

• Press the Windows + R keys to open run command box.
    • In the run command box, type services.msc, and press
      Enter.
    • In the list of services, double click the Windows Modules Installer service.
    • Set the startup type to Auto, and click OK.
    • Restart your computer.
    • After the restart, you'll be able to run the sfc /scannow command without any problems.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Oct 28, 2020
  3. sfc /scannow "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service"

For further resolution with the error Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Select Start, and type CMD.
    • Right-click Command Prompt; then, choose Run as administrator.
    • If prompted, enter a username and password that grants admin rights to the computer.
    • Type sc config trustedinstaller start= auto; then, press
      Enter
      . You should get a SUCCESS message.
    • Next, type net start trustedinstaller; then, press Enter. You should receive a message that the service was started.
    • Try the sfc /scannow command again.

Your reply is most important to us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Michael Gall, Oct 28, 2020
  4. oondy Win User

sfc /scannow showing Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service."

sfc /scannow "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service"

i've been trying to do "sfc /scannow" because my pubg isn't working but everytime i type it into the admin command prompt is tells me that Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service even when i'm in safe mode.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

oondy, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

sfc /scannow showing Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service."

1. sfc /scannow showing Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service." - Similar Threads - sfc scannow showing

2. SFC /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service: Before people give me the canned responses, I have tried everything on this page except a clean reinstall and all failed to work:https://www.stechies.com/sfc-scannow-not-working-windows/Something has been going on with my Windows 10 x64 machine. It's been intermittently...
  3. SFC /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SFC /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service: Before people give me the canned responses, I have tried everything on this page except a clean reinstall and all failed to work:https://www.stechies.com/sfc-scannow-not-working-windows/Something has been going on with my Windows 10 x64 machine. It's been intermittently...
  4. SFC /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. sfc /scannow "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service": I've been trying to do "sfc /scannow" because my computer will not start up without crashing to the BSOD, but everytime I type it into the admin command prompt is tells me that Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service even when i'm in safe mode. I looked...
  6. sfc /scannow "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sfc /scannow "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service": I've been trying to do "sfc /scannow" because my computer will not start up without crashing to the BSOD, but everytime I type it into the admin command prompt is tells me that Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service even when i'm in safe mode. I looked...
  7. Windows Resource protection could not start the repair service

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Resource protection could not start the repair service: Hi, so when I go to the check for updates and when my updates get downloaded and almost get installed, various errors pop up. So I decided to run a reset with keep files and local reinstall. When I came back to my computer, it said that the pc could not be reseted. So...
  8. Windows resource protection could not start the repair service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows resource protection could not start the repair service: Hello, Ive been trying to scan my pc for corrupted files with the “sfc /scannow” in cmd as an administrator and i keep getting the same error message: “Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.” I have already tried typing the sc config...
  9. Sfc /scannow error: WIndow resource could not start the repair service

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sfc /scannow error: WIndow resource could not start the repair service: Sfc /scannow /offbootdir=d:\ /offwindir=d:\windows gave an error of not being able to start. I am booting from a windows dvd(to repair window). Oddly, i could not find a way to start in safe mode. The window dvd boot have "Advanced options". Under that it has...
  10. SFC /SCANNOW, Windows Resource Protection Could Not Perform....

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC /SCANNOW, Windows Resource Protection Could Not Perform....: I just installed the latest slow ring preview build, version 14931.1000 and when I performed an SFC /SNANNOW I get to 19% and then the command comes up Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation. I tried three times and it always goes to 19% then...