Windows 10: SFC /Scannow will not repair files - nor does DISM work

Discus and support SFC /Scannow will not repair files - nor does DISM work in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This is on a new pc I bought today. Bad news! Where can I get an ISO 10240 which I can use on my external disk as a source file to repair - or where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JohnBurns, Aug 15, 2015.

1. JohnBurns Win User

SFC /Scannow will not repair files - nor does DISM work

This is on a new pc I bought today. Bad news! Where can I get an ISO 10240 which I can use on my external disk as a source file to repair - or where can I go for a source file? Appreciate any help. Thanks!

:)

JohnBurns, Aug 15, 2015
  2. JamieBas Win User

SFC /scannow and DISM not working

Ok I will try that, but my computer prompted me to restart to repair it. Now I can't seem to get on because there is no 'Skip' option. I left it on overnight to see if chkdsk would finish, but in the morning it told me to restart because Windows couldn't
    start properly. Which meant repeating the process. Any way I can stop it?

EDIT: I managed to get back onto it by unplugging all usb cables, do you think there might be an issue with my keyboard or something?

JamieBas, Aug 15, 2015
  3. SFC /scannow and DISM not working

Major file system corruption. I would run it again to see if it has re-occurred and if so the HD may be failing

For the second test (which is more important) go to the HD maker>download>run

I cant tell you which opengl it is.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Aug 15, 2015
  4. SFC /Scannow will not repair files - nor does DISM work

You can make up a Recovery Drive as well as seeing if the $Windows~BT and WS folders are still present! In the WS folder you will see Sources\Windows\setup.exe right there to start up an upgrade to repair if you didn't see the installation media made up. The best move however is to download the correct edition you upgraded with as well as see it saved to the drive as an ISO disk image file you can either burn to dvd or see written to a usb flash drive as a bootable installation key. How to Download a Windows 10 ISO File

Night Hawk, Aug 15, 2015
Thema:

SFC /Scannow will not repair files - nor does DISM work

1. SFC /Scannow will not repair files - nor does DISM work - Similar Threads - SFC Scannow repair

2. sfc /scannow does not work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sfc /scannow does not work: I have tried C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service. C:\WINDOWS\system32>sc config trustedinstaller start= auto [SC] ChangeServiceConfig SUCCESS C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection...
  3. DISM & sfc /scannow ERROR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM & sfc /scannow ERROR: [ATTACH] CHKDSK DISM SFC I checked all these in SAFE BOOT & it worked though. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-sfc-scannow-error/2b11bd0a-578d-49f7-9554-2b36154e8259
  4. DISM AND SFC /SCANNOW NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM AND SFC /SCANNOW NOT WORKING: yesterday i played my game very smooth but today when i start playing it i found it very laggy i try the folowing comand ''SFC /SCANNOW" but stuck at 43% after that i run 'DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth' but stuck again help me plz......
  5. SFC scannow and DISM can't repair MicrosoftEdgeSquare44x44

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC scannow and DISM can't repair MicrosoftEdgeSquare44x44: So I ran sfc scannow because I feel something odd about my windows, I have felt this since couple months ago. The result was "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them". Below I attach my cbs log. I did run the sfc scannow couple times...
  6. SFC scannow and DISM can't repair MicrosoftEdgeSquare44x44

in Windows 10 Support
    SFC scannow and DISM can't repair MicrosoftEdgeSquare44x44: So I ran sfc scannow because I feel something odd about my windows, I have felt this since couple months ago. The result was "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them". Below I attach my cbs log. I did run the sfc scannow couple times...
  7. dism and sfc /scannow not workingt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dism and sfc /scannow not workingt: Windows PowerShell Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.17134.1 Image Version: 10.0.17134.345 [==...
  8. Sfc /scannow and DISM /Online fails

Sfc /scannow and DISM /Online fails: My Lenovo T400 with Windows 10 version 1511 works just fine. But I do find that these 2 commands fail me. Logs are attached. I do want to preserve some applications that I have installed so suggestions on how I can repair or upgrade would be appreciated. It's my understanding...
  9. SFC scannow cannot fix corrupt files, Dism?

SFC scannow cannot fix corrupt files, Dism?: Hi guys. I know this may be old news to some of you guys, but posting anyway. So I installed a game which did some net framework installing and after that had a hang. Removed the game, did sfc and found corrupt files. C:\Windows\system32>sfc\scannow The system cannot...
  10. SFC /ScanNow Corrupt Files & DISM fails

SFC /ScanNow Corrupt Files & DISM fails: Hi all, Recently updated to windows 10 I've tried a scannow to resolve another issue and I get a failure message with files being corrupted. I've tried a reset keeping my files but I've got no idea where to look next. Attached is my log file from the SFC and the DISM log...