Windows 10: sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of...

Discus and support sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Been having problems with constant bluescreens and google chrome crashing possibly unrelated? as well as being blocked from opening services, device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CherryBerry22, Feb 8, 2020.

1. sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of...

Been having problems with constant bluescreens and google chrome crashing possibly unrelated? as well as being blocked from opening services, device manager and disk management although I can still access these by running mmc.exe in the console. Ran chkdsk on all drives and no problems were reported but when I ran sfc /scannow I got the Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them message. The only problem in the log file was

CSI 00000204 [SR] Repairing corrupted file \??\C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\\mscormmc.dll from store

...which showed up three separate times. In case it is important the blue screens I have been getting have been irql_not_less_or_equal, system_thread_exception_not_handled, system_service_exception, page fault in nonpaged area, and critical process died. I've tried resetting Windows and loading a restore point, reset BIOS and CMOS, ran memtest with no reported issues and I still have these problems as well as things like troubleshooter failing, Windows Update errors and programs closing randomly. I've spent close to 20 hours in total trying to fix these various issues and am at my wit's end by this point.

This is a system built by me that has been running fine for 2 years up until this point and no recent hardware changes have been made.

:)

CherryBerry22, Feb 8, 2020
  2. axe0 Win User

SFC Finds Corrupt Files but is Unable to Fix

When you get this error it means that the System File Check a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection simply could add/repair missing or corrupted files or other problems with these files.

If you get this error you should try the following a few times:
    • sfc/scannow
    • reboot
    • sfc/scannow
    Only when after a few times sfc/scannow still hasn't solved it, then you could try DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth.

A reboot is necessary for sfc in order to try to fix the problems, it usually takes a few tries for sfc to solve the problems.

axe0, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Problem can't be fixed after running sfc /scannow "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix of them"

i just run sfc /scannow and i got the message

"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix of them. Details are included in the CBS.log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.Log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log"

is there anyway to fix this problems i tried some command but won't be able to fix it.

DanusornRakkuson, Feb 8, 2020
  4. TimoEpis Win User

sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of...

windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some

Hi

I reinstalled my system twice already to fix this issue during sfc scannow " windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some"

And I still get this error.

How is this possible and should I worry?

TimoEpis, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of...

1. sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of... - Similar Threads - sfc scannow Resource

2. sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them: I just downloaded a new game The Finals on steam, and I am unable to run the game due to a connection error TFLA0002. I am also receiving a popup that says "C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/mscms.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the...
  3. sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them: I just downloaded a new game The Finals on steam, and I am unable to run the game due to a connection error TFLA0002. I am also receiving a popup that says "C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/mscms.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the...
  4. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them in SFC...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them in SFC...: Hello!I am using Windows 10 Enterprise Edition LTSC 21H1 19044.2251, when I try to run sfc /scannow it gives me error:C:\Users\Artjom>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This process will take some time. Beginning verification phase of system scan. Verification 100% complete....
  5. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them in SFC...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them in SFC...: Hello!I am using Windows 10 Enterprise Edition LTSC 21H1 19044.2251, when I try to run sfc /scannow it gives me error:C:\Users\Artjom>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This process will take some time. Beginning verification phase of system scan. Verification 100% complete....
  6. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them in SFC...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. SFC error: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

SFC error: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.: My computer started freezing after login, so I booted it in safe mode to run the sfc /scannow command. After running it, I got the following error: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included...
  8. sfc/scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sfc/scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them: In my CBS.log it says: Cannot repair member file [l:10]'bootux.dll' of Microsoft-Windows-BootUX.Deployment. Hashes for file member [l:10]'bootux.dll' do not match. Expected: {l:32 ml:33 b:09efb5b6f7815632b05b190da24ea5d6844cc5dcff80219903119e440f3d2479}. Actual: {l:32...
  9. sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.: My PC‘s gone into a blue screen before because of a memory chip malfunctioning, and after replacing the memory chip I launched into the WINPE to run the following command: `sfc /SCANNOW /OFFBOOTDIR=d:\ /OFFWINDIR=d:\windows /OFFLOGFILE=c:\log.txt`. Upon finishing, it...
  10. Sfc /scannow..... found corrupt files but unable to fix some of them.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sfc /scannow..... found corrupt files but unable to fix some of them.: Win 10 version 1709 build 16299.402. I did a system file check and it said ........ "found corrupt files but unable to fix some of them". I am not looking for a solution, such as dism ..... restorehealth. I am just wondering if it is my computer or someone else is...