Windows 10: SFC /scannow

Discus and support SFC /scannow in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; windows resource proteciton found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. for online repairs,details are included in teh CBS log file located... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by djkilla1000, Dec 5, 2018.

1. SFC /scannow

windows resource proteciton found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
    for online repairs,details are included in teh CBS log file located windir/logs/cbs.log [ aka C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.LOG.

I have the CBS.log.. but i don't know how to post it nor do i see a button for it.
    if anyone could help me, i would greatly appreciate it.. as im trying to fix my computer.
    i recently installed a new GPU and ive just been doing some cleaning.

:)

djkilla1000, Dec 5, 2018

2. SFC scannow not working but verify only is working

there is no problem in chkdsk I've checked When I select command prompt and sfc scannow from f8 and repair.. it shows that a reboot is required for pending repair and pending renames folder in winsxs is full of files.. what should I do??

ELiTRiGG3R, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Steve C Win User
    SFC /SCANNOW Errors After Update

I've just updated a Windows 8.1 Pro PC to Windows 10 using the Techbench ISO which updated without any problems. However, I've just run sfc /scannow and it found errors it could not repair. I have managed to get sfc /scannow to run without errors - see what I did below:

1. Ran sfc /scannow which showed error "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."
    2. Ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth which reported "The component store is repairable."
    3. Ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth which failed with Error: 0x800f081f "The source files could not be found.Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature."
    4. Mounted the W10 Techbench ISO and ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:wim:G:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess which reported successfully "The restore operation completed successfully."
    5. Ran sfc /scannow wich completed successfully with report "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them."

Please advise:
    1. Why would sfc /scannow fail on a newly updated installation which ran sfc /scannow error free immediately before the upgrade?
    2. Why did I have to use install.wim from the Techbench ISO at step 4 above for Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth to work and will I have to use install.wim from the Techbench ISO every time I need to run this Dism command?
    3. How can I configure my PC so it has the correct install.wim file for the Dism command to work properly?

Steve C, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Kari Win User

SFC /scannow

sfc /scannow errors

Important thing to remember is that the SFC / SCANNOW cannot always fix all errors at once. It is quite often required to run SFC /SCANNOW several times.

I have often had a situation that only a third, fourth or fifth run has finally reported "No more errors".

This is how it should be done:

• SFC / SCANNOW
    • If SFC reports not all errors were fixed, reboot and run it again
    • SFC / SCANNOW
    • If SFC again reports not all errors were fixed, reboot and run it again
    • And so on
    Screenshot from the TenForums SFC tutorial:

SFC /scannow [​IMG]

Kari, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

SFC /scannow

1. SFC /scannow - Similar Threads - SFC scannow

2. After March 2024 Update - I'm getting "class not registered" and sfc /scannow and DISM...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After March 2024 Update - I'm getting "class not registered" and sfc /scannow and DISM...: After March 2024 Update - I'm getting "class not registered" and sfc /scannow and DISM cannot fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-march-2024-update-im-getting-class-not/589463a8-9fff-41ff-acf7-dfb6efa6ed9a
  3. After March 2024 Update - I'm getting "class not registered" and sfc /scannow and DISM...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After March 2024 Update - I'm getting "class not registered" and sfc /scannow and DISM...: After March 2024 Update - I'm getting "class not registered" and sfc /scannow and DISM cannot fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-march-2024-update-im-getting-class-not/589463a8-9fff-41ff-acf7-dfb6efa6ed9a
  4. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow: Whenever i try to do sfc /scannow in cmd i get this message : Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow/797942d5-5528-46b0-8d2f-6bfea428c9f6
  5. sfc /scannow

sfc /scannow: Whenever i try to do sfc /scannow in cmd i get this message : Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow/797942d5-5528-46b0-8d2f-6bfea428c9f6
  6. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.: I try to run sfc scannow, it gets to 100% and thrn it days windows resource protection could not perform the requested action. I try to tun Dism online cleanup-image checkhealth and i get “dism does not support servicing windows pe with the /online option.” I have the dism...
  8. sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.: I try to run sfc scannow, it gets to 100% and thrn it days windows resource protection could not perform the requested action. I try to tun Dism online cleanup-image checkhealth and i get “dism does not support servicing windows pe with the /online option.” I have the dism...
  9. sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

10. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sfc /scannow: When i tried to sfc /scannow my system because of corrupt files it told me "We found corrupt files but we are unable to fix some of them" What should i do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow/2b550cd9-3d46-45a0-a3cb-c8f3d2859838