Windows 10: SFC Works in command prompt but not in powershell

Discus and support SFC Works in command prompt but not in powershell in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I try to run SFC in powershell I'm told, cannot run repair service. It's OK in command prompt.Run as administrator in both.James... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JamesJoey, Oct 23, 2021.

1. JamesJoey Win User

SFC Works in command prompt but not in powershell

When I try to run SFC in powershell I'm told, cannot run repair service. It's OK in command prompt.Run as administrator in both.James

:)

JamesJoey, Oct 23, 2021
  2. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Oct 23, 2021
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Oct 23, 2021
  4. Joan Pin Win User

Windows PowerShell instead of Command Window

This issue in the Context Menu usually occurs if changes were made in the registry. May we know if you made any changes in the value of the registry of your device?

Based from the result of the SFC tool, there are some corrupted files found in the system. We suggest that you continue with the troubleshooting steps using the
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command, DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and hit
      Enter.

Let us know if the steps provided above works for you.

Joan Pin, Oct 23, 2021
Thema:

1. SFC Works in command prompt but not in powershell - Similar Threads - SFC Works command

2. Command prompt sfc/scannow not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Command prompt sfc/scannow not working: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them". I've included the CBS.log file below. My computer has a 50% chance to actually start and I feel like this may be the reason why. I haven't tried anything else to resolve the corrupt files,...
  3. Command prompt sfc/scannow not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command prompt sfc/scannow not working: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them". I've included the CBS.log file below. My computer has a 50% chance to actually start and I feel like this may be the reason why. I haven't tried anything else to resolve the corrupt files,...
  4. Command prompt sfc/scannow not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Powershell or Command prompt !

Powershell or Command prompt !: Good morning, I use SCANNOW occassionally going into Command prompt etc. I have just been reading that using it with Powershell is better because it is a more powerful tool would you agree ? Is there anything else you would suggest using with Powershell to keep my laptop...
  6. Powershell or Command prompt !

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell or Command prompt !: Good morning, I use SCANNOW occassionally going into Command prompt etc. I have just been reading that using it with Powershell is better because it is a more powerful tool would you agree ? Is there anything else you would suggest using with Powershell to keep my laptop...
  7. Powershell or Command prompt !

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. SFC Works in command prompt but not in powershell

SFC Works in command prompt but not in powershell: When I try to run SFC in powershell I'm told, cannot run repair service. It's OK in command prompt.Run as administrator in both.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-works-in-command-prompt-but-not-in-powershell/7ad20074-7d56-4cbb-a2e0-45804c1adaf5
  9. SFC Woks in command prompt bu not in powershel

SFC Woks in command prompt bu not in powershel: When I try to run SFC in powershell I'm told, cannot run repair service. It's OK in command prompt.Run as administrator in both.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-woks-in-command-prompt-bu-not-in-powershel/7ad20074-7d56-4cbb-a2e0-45804c1adaf5
  10. Change PowerShell To Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Change PowerShell To Command Prompt: How do you change from PowerShell to Command Prompt using file explorer ? 104838