Windows 10: SFTP protocol support in Explorer

Discus and support SFTP protocol support in Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Are there any plans to add SFTP support to Explorer in Windows 10? There is already a command-line sftp tool available, but third-party apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AsciiWolf, May 19, 2020.

1. AsciiWolf Win User

SFTP protocol support in Explorer

Hello,

Are there any plans to add SFTP support to Explorer in Windows 10? There is already a command-line sftp tool available, but third-party apps like WinSCP or sshfs-win are still required to be able to access SFTP servers via GUI.

Thanks!

:)

AsciiWolf, May 19, 2020

2. native SFTP support from file explorer

Hello,

Is there native SFTP support in Windows 10 file explorer without using a third party app? Would be very handy to be able to go to the file explorer and type sftp://192.168.0.17 etc and be able view files etc without WINSCP or similar. If its not there
    (can't seen to find it if it is) , would be a great feature add as we are increasingly in a integrated unix/linux world.

Thanks in Advance,

Donovan

Donovan Ethier, May 19, 2020
  3. evantig Win User
    Connect to SFTP or FTPS via File Explorer

Hi! I would like to connect to an SFTP server or FTPS. It MUST be via the built-in file explorer, but extra software to add that feature would be fine. FTP is insecure and it would be nice to be able to use FTPS or SFTP (yes, I know the difference).

evantig, May 19, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 19, 2020
Thema:

1. SFTP protocol support in Explorer - Similar Threads - SFTP protocol support

2. SFTP server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFTP server: Greetings and respect. I want to connect to the sftp server using Windows Explorer. I did this after installing winfs and sshfs. But I want to know if you know another way. Thank you......
  3. SFTP server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SFTP server: Greetings and respect. I want to connect to the sftp server using Windows Explorer. I did this after installing winfs and sshfs. But I want to know if you know another way. Thank you......
  4. sftp client

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sftp client: Hello --- it seems that the ftp client is part of windows, but I can't find a sftp clent, but it seems that sftp is a "command" in powershell, so is sftp in powershell a cmdlet?...
  5. CBFS Protocol - Restarting Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CBFS Protocol - Restarting Windows Explorer: Hi Microsoft. I have seen threads related to CBFS drivers not working correctly in Windows 10. We have found that restarting the Windows Explorer process restores network drives that operate over the CBFS protocol....
  6. native SFTP support from file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    native SFTP support from file explorer: Hello, Is there native SFTP support in Windows 10 file explorer without using a third party app? Would be very handy to be able to go to the file explorer and type sftp://192.168.0.17 etc and be able view files etc without WINSCP or similar. If its not there can't seen to...
  7. SFTP sharing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SFTP sharing: I have recently just started an sftp server on my PCs with the built in ssh but I’m unable to actually share files with it. Anyone know any simple script that moves file ‘x’ on the client to the server using cmd then I can go in from there. submitted by /u/Falmz23 [link]...
  8. Request to add support to SFTP sites as network drives in Windows 10

Request to add support to SFTP sites as network drives in Windows 10: It would be helpful if Microsoft added the ability to support SFTP folders as network drives the same way it supports mounting FTP connections as network drives. All I would need to do is set a public key to make the connection work which should be relatively easy to add (and...
  9. Microsoft to end support for TLS protocol for Edge and Internet Explorer in first half of 2020

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to end support for TLS protocol for Edge and Internet Explorer in first half of 2020: Microsoft today in a blog post announced that it is going to end support for the Transport Layer Security or TLS 1.0 and 1.1 in supported versions of its Windows 10 browser Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11. The company announced that it will be ending support for TLS...
  10. Connect to SFTP or FTPS via File Explorer

Connect to SFTP or FTPS via File Explorer: Hi! I would like to connect to an SFTP server or FTPS. It MUST be via the built-in file explorer, but extra software to add that feature would be fine. FTP is insecure and it would be nice to be able to use FTPS or SFTP (yes, I know the difference). 48976