Windows 10: SFTP sharing

Discus and support SFTP sharing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have recently just started an sftp server on my PCs with the built in ssh but I’m unable to actually share files with it. Anyone know any simple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Falmz23, Jan 1, 2020.

1. SFTP sharing

I have recently just started an sftp server on my PCs with the built in ssh but I’m unable to actually share files with it. Anyone know any simple script that moves file ‘x’ on the client to the server using cmd then I can go in from there.

submitted by /u/Falmz23
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Falmz23, Jan 1, 2020

2. Help, error trying to write to external USB via FTP/SFTP

Sure.

SFTP sharing [​IMG]

SFTP sharing [​IMG]

PolarNettles, Jan 1, 2020
  3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Jan 1, 2020
  4. DTG1 Win User

SFTP sharing

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

SFTP sharing

1. SFTP sharing - Similar Threads - SFTP sharing

2. sftp by OpenSSH server on windows 10 doesn't work with multiple drives.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sftp by OpenSSH server on windows 10 doesn't work with multiple drives.: I have an openssh server set up on my windows machine. I set up this for the sftp purpose.the trouble is, I cannot access two drives at the same time.At first the sftp would be at the c-drive. but the primary contents that i wanted to access was in E:, and It seemed...
  3. sftp by OpenSSH server on windows 10 doesn't work with multiple drives.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sftp by OpenSSH server on windows 10 doesn't work with multiple drives.: I have an openssh server set up on my windows machine. I set up this for the sftp purpose.the trouble is, I cannot access two drives at the same time.At first the sftp would be at the c-drive. but the primary contents that i wanted to access was in E:, and It seemed...
  4. sftp by OpenSSH server on windows 10 doesn't work with multiple drives.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't connect to Azure Storage SFTP server when IP enabled from selected virtual networks...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't connect to Azure Storage SFTP server when IP enabled from selected virtual networks...: Can't connect to Azure Storage SFTP server when IP enabled from selected virtual networks and IP addresses in Azure Logic Apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-azure-storage-sftp-server-when-ip/02a8907b-cc6c-4c7f-84cf-600c2eb173ab
  6. Can't connect to Azure Storage SFTP server when IP enabled from selected virtual networks...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to Azure Storage SFTP server when IP enabled from selected virtual networks...: Can't connect to Azure Storage SFTP server when IP enabled from selected virtual networks and IP addresses in Azure Logic Apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-azure-storage-sftp-server-when-ip/02a8907b-cc6c-4c7f-84cf-600c2eb173ab
  7. Can't connect to Azure Storage SFTP server when IP enabled from selected virtual networks...

8. SFTP server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFTP server: Greetings and respect. I want to connect to the sftp server using Windows Explorer. I did this after installing winfs and sshfs. But I want to know if you know another way. Thank you......
  9. SFTP server

SFTP server: Greetings and respect. I want to connect to the sftp server using Windows Explorer. I did this after installing winfs and sshfs. But I want to know if you know another way. Thank you......
  10. Power Automate Desktop Windows 11 - SFTP errors

Power Automate Desktop Windows 11 - SFTP errors: Hello allI am trying to use Power Automate Desktop to connect to an FTP server using Windows 11 on a VM using I know all the credentials I am using are correct as the SFTP connection can be established perfectly with FileZilla.However, it will not work when using Power...