Windows 10: SHA 2 Encryption

Discus and support SHA 2 Encryption in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; SHA 2 is due in a few months. Anyone hear any rumors. I think we will get the SHA 256bit Thanks 27878 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by enigma1944, Oct 26, 2015.

1. SHA 2 Encryption

SHA 2 is due in a few months. Anyone hear any rumors. I think we will get the SHA 256bit Thanks

:)

enigma1944, Oct 26, 2015
  2. tonyzam42 Win User

Signature of downloaded exe file currupt or invalid - Windows 10

Thank you for responding but you appear to have an issue with Netgear, whether it founded or not. My issue was resolved by the vendor updating their encryption sha-2.

tonyzam42, Oct 26, 2015
  3. abacabb Win User
    Cannot connect to Remote Desktop Gateway

I spoke with GoDaddy and they said that the issue has to due with lack of support for Sha-2 encryption SSL certificates.

However, sha-2 is supported on Windows Phone, according to here:

SHA-2 Compatibility | DigiCert.com

The exact error that I'm getting is "-Certificate is issued by unknown certificate authority(CA)"

Any ideas?

abacabb, Oct 26, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

SHA 2 Encryption

What do you mean exactly with the marked part?
    Sha 2 is isn't that new.

5. lx07 Win User
  6. halasz
    Thanks for the posting I was going to do the same thing.

I have not heard of any other statements on the subject

enigma1944, Oct 27, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
    Wasn't aware of that, thanks for reporting *Smile

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

SHA 2 Encryption

1. SHA 2 Encryption - Similar Threads - SHA Encryption

2. Stop Using SHA-1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop Using SHA-1: The SHA-1 hashing algorithm has known weaknesses that expose it to collision attacks, which may allow an attacker to generate additional X.509 digital certificates with the same signature as an original....
  3. Stop Using SHA-1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop Using SHA-1: The SHA-1 hashing algorithm has known weaknesses that expose it to collision attacks, which may allow an attacker to generate additional X.509 digital certificates with the same signature as an original....
  4. Issues with WIn 7, Connecting using RDP shows SHA-1 trying to Update to SHA-2

Issues with WIn 7, Connecting using RDP shows SHA-1 trying to Update to SHA-2: Hello I have a system that due to software compatibily it is required to run Windows 7.I have WIndow 7 x64 ENT with SP 1 installed and as far as I can see has been fully updated with WIndows updates.I have installed the following update KB4474419 for Windows 7 x64 systems but...
  5. Issues with WIn 7, Connecting using RDP shows SHA-1 trying to Update to SHA-2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with WIn 7, Connecting using RDP shows SHA-1 trying to Update to SHA-2: Hello I have a system that due to software compatibily it is required to run Windows 7.I have WIndow 7 x64 ENT with SP 1 installed and as far as I can see has been fully updated with WIndows updates.I have installed the following update KB4474419 for Windows 7 x64 systems but...
  6. Credential for file shaing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Credential for file shaing.: This question has been asked before but I cannot see an answer that has worked. Microsoft should publish an answer if there is one, and not rely on the Community..I am trying to share files between a Windows 10 PC and a Windows 11 PC. File Explorer shows both computers on the...
  7. Credential for file shaing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Credential for file shaing.: This question has been asked before but I cannot see an answer that has worked. Microsoft should publish an answer if there is one, and not rely on the Community..I am trying to share files between a Windows 10 PC and a Windows 11 PC. File Explorer shows both computers on the...
  8. Credential for file shaing.

9. Error 13 is Caused by SHA-2 on Win7,how to solve it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 13 is Caused by SHA-2 on Win7,how to solve it?: Installed the SHA-2 for Win7 x86 yesterday,now the system doesn't boot and the system say error 13 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-13-is-caused-by-sha-2-on-win7how-to-solve-it/ffaa886e-9df4-4b0c-9218-2b9b8a44858d
  10. Error 13 is Caused by SHA-2 on Win7,how to solve it?

Error 13 is Caused by SHA-2 on Win7,how to solve it?: Installed the SHA-2 for Win7 x86 yesterday,now the system doesn't boot and the system say error 13 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-13-is-caused-by-sha-2-on-win7how-to-solve-it/ffaa886e-9df4-4b0c-9218-2b9b8a44858d