Windows 10: Shader model 3.0 with my Lenovo x201 - cant get it to work

Discus and support Shader model 3.0 with my Lenovo x201 - cant get it to work in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Helllo. So im using Lenovo thinkpad x201 with windows 7 pro, 64 bit. When i was a kid, i used to play this game called "Farming simulator" and since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Ahfrsk, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Ahfrsk Win User

Shader model 3.0 with my Lenovo x201 - cant get it to work

Helllo.
    So im using Lenovo thinkpad x201 with windows 7 pro, 64 bit.

When i was a kid, i used to play this game called "Farming simulator" and since there´s new version out, i thought to give it a try, for good old times Shader model 3.0 with my Lenovo x201 - cant get it to work :)
    But.
    When i start the game, it tells me "Error: Could not init 3d sysem. Shader model 3.0 is required."
    View attachment 9140
    a) im having directx11, which should already support 3.0 shader. Why am i geting this error ?
    b) When i press "yes" to "install the latest...

Ahfrsk, Oct 23, 2018

2. Lenovo ThinkPad X201 Windows 10 upgrade fail

This model seems to have some issues with Windows 10 support. I suggest you stick with Windows 7 for now:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/for...te-problem-for-lenovo-x201-tablet-isd-driver/

You might want to try the suggestion of uninstalling the ISD Driver through Device Manager and reattempt the upgrade again.

Others seem to have gotten working:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ndows-10/fd4e5ef6-1a9c-4dcc-a594-9bd030174f7e

Andre Da Costa, Oct 23, 2018
  3. shader model 3.0. problem

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What game are you trying play?

• How did you download that game?
    Please refer the below link for more information.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...rying-to/3c8d202f-c7e0-4df1-b77b-d46f1c3769a1

Please Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Oct 23, 2018
  4. Shader model 3.0 with my Lenovo x201 - cant get it to work

Shader model 5 isnt working

I cant open pirates of the storm without getting the same error of, Your graphics arent supported with shader model 5.

I did some digging and found my computer has DirectX 12. that supports shader model 5.

whhhat in the heck do i do here

michaelmydude, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Shader model 3.0 with my Lenovo x201 - cant get it to work - Similar Threads - Shader model Lenovo

2. I cant get the xbox wireless adapter model 1790 to work.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cant get the xbox wireless adapter model 1790 to work.: I have tried multiple things ranging from uninstalling the drivers and redownloading the drivers for it multiple times. I have disconnected it and reconnected it and it still isnt working. Ive tried using it in a usb 2.0 and usb 3.0 port and have had no luck. When i first...
  3. Question (Lenovo 81AX Model laptop)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question (Lenovo 81AX Model laptop): On my Lenovo laptop whenever I try to access the bios menu I hear ear raping beeping (even when my laptop's sound is off) that sounds like a timebomb beep (beeping gets faster overtime) and I get a screen with a box saying "Enter your password" and when I enter my lock screen...
  4. My Lenovo IdeaPad Model Name: 82GV

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Lenovo IdeaPad Model Name: 82GV: I recently purchased this laptop and it has windows 10 which it came with and made me set up with. However the camera quality is very bad, this is not good as I have to use zoom for my classes and the host is not able to see me very well. How can I improve the camera quality?...
  5. In the works: HLSL DirectX Shader Model 6.6 for developers

in Windows 10 News
    In the works: HLSL DirectX Shader Model 6.6 for developers: Microsoft and its partners are happy to announce the development of Shader Model 6.6, the latest advancement in HLSL capability. Shader Model 6.6 will grant shader developers increased flexibility to enhance and expand existing rendering approaches and devise all new ones....
  6. Help installing Windows 10 on current Lenovo X201 with Linux

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help installing Windows 10 on current Lenovo X201 with Linux: submitted by /u/Intermodulator [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g8dvrr/help_installing_windows_10_on_current_lenovo_x201/
  7. synaptics touchpad not working on lenovo yoga 3

synaptics touchpad not working on lenovo yoga 3: I have this problem with my lenovo's yoga 3 pro touchpad that stops working, if i go to device manager there's a I2C HID device with a yellow warning sign, it says device cannot start code 10, when i try to disable device, end then reenable it sometimes it comes back to work...
  8. Shader model 5

Shader model 5: I am trying to play Sea of Thieves but it requires Shader model 5. in terms of setup in have a dell running intel i5 and windows 10. all the drivers are up to date. do I need a new graphics card or should this work?...
  9. Shader Model 3.0 is Missing (Solved)

Shader Model 3.0 is Missing (Solved): If your PC got old graphic card you might need this article to solve shader model 3.0 is missing or any latest game you trying to run required this kind of shader. Normally any old graphic card only provide shader model 2.0 in which used to run old games. In case you want...
  10. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (storahci.sys) - Bootloop Lenovo X201

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (storahci.sys) - Bootloop Lenovo X201: Hi All, As the title states, my Lenovo x201 (windows 7 professional upgraded to windows 10) encountered this error after I plugged in an old SD card via USB to look at some old pictures. My system froze up and now I cannot access anything. It gets to "Preparing Automatic...