Windows 10: Shadow+Border Bug on Action Center + Search on Windows 10

Discus and support Shadow+Border Bug on Action Center + Search on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hello, this is the last time I will mention this issue, I hope it can be recognized by Microsoft, and also by this community: I have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/carmellolb, May 13, 2020.

1. Shadow+Border Bug on Action Center + Search on Windows 10

Shadow+Border Bug on Action Center + Search on Windows 10 GF2fdhYNiniJq-x369UgqsXWvVY-G1xMkkhEnEWl68c.jpg

Hello, this is the last time I will mention this issue, I hope it can be recognized by Microsoft, and also by this community:

I have been commenting this in many places for a while and I'm not sure how else to get attention drawn to this issue. In Build 19002, Microsoft fixed the bug where acrylic lagged in the action center (thank gosh). But ever since then, Action Center (and search even before this update, and still now too) have a border in addition to a shadow, which looks ugly alone, as real "material" as they put it does not have a border, but it's not just the presence of the border that is bad. It's also that both the border and the shadow are delayed, just like the acrylic was before 19002.

I understand they have other problems to fix, but it seems like there is an endless list of things they are doing before this, and even though it is cosmetic, it is front and center in a prominent part of the OS and some may not notice but a lot do. In fact you'd never believe it, but these cosmetic flaws can actually be pretty distracting. I even turned off animations for a while because it drove me insane to see that right in plain sight. Call me crazy, but it's not just me. I and many others I know find it to be over-responsive without animations because I am used to them, so I turn them back on. Once you see something, you can't unsee it. Something like this is not something I'd expect of Windows.

I say this in all good intentions: but a company that now services 1 Billion users on this OS cannot possibly think it's okay to have visual flaws like this in plain sight. It does not seem like something that would be in such a widely used system. Maybe a small creation by a very smart child, but surely not Windows. It almost seems like one of those things that would be in a beta release of a system, but obviously would be polished at RTM. But here we are at the finalization of 20H1, and the visual issue, in plain sight, making me and others I know crazy, has not been touched.

The excuse is always "there are other things to attend to first." Okay, I get that. But don't you think for a final release of a system to a billion people that maybe front and center flaws like this should be prioritized? I can't see how this is considered normal. Aren't there separate teams working on different aspects of things? Things like these need to be fixed. They should not be postponed for eternity.

It's simply not right. Cosmetic, or not. And it's never been considered right for as long as I can remember with Windows releases, these kinds of things were always polished by the RTM. And no other popular OS has any of these right in plain sight either.

I hope I can be taken seriously and not perceived as being pushy, over-concerned about these issues, or not nice. I'm simply giving feedback, in as kind as possible of a manner, but of course doing it after this issue being dismissed for ages, on Feedback Hub, Twitter, and more. This is my last attempt at hoping this issue can be recognized.

u/JenMsft

r/WindowsInsiders

Here's what it looks like:

It's easier to notice when there is a white background so I opened notepad so surely can't miss seeing that there is also a border, not just a shadow, and that the whole shadow+border is delayed (comes in late):

https://i.redd.it/d6rbtxry1my41.gif

submitted by /u/carmellolb
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/carmellolb, May 13, 2020

2. Stop action center notifications in Windows 10

Hi Emily,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Do you want to stop notifications only from Defender or stop all action center notifications?
    To stop action center notifications, I suggest you to follow the steps given below:

• Type settings in search bar and hit
      enter.

• Go to system.

• Select notifications and actions.

• Click on turn system icons on or off.

• Turn off action center.

Reference: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-notification-settings-in-action-center

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, May 13, 2020
  3. pnewk123 Win User
    Windows 10 Action Center Border still here.

Hi guys
    Iam on windows 10 home edition 64bit 10586 build and what's really annoying me is the fact that I still have a large black/grey border around the action center despite me turning transparency off which really frustrates me as a result, consult to screenshot here!
    Please can someone help out as soon as possible as it's driving me mental, thanks very much from Peter
    p.ps it's the one at the left hand side of the action center.

Shadow+Border Bug on Action Center + Search on Windows 10 [​IMG]

pnewk123, May 13, 2020
  4. arshcaria Win User

Shadow+Border Bug on Action Center + Search on Windows 10

arshcaria, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Shadow+Border Bug on Action Center + Search on Windows 10

1. Shadow+Border Bug on Action Center + Search on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Shadow+Border Bug Action

2. Start Menu, Action center and Window Border Transparency In Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu, Action center and Window Border Transparency In Windows 10.: I want to make my windows 10 taskbar, start menu, action center and window borders transparent in windows 10. I achieved taskbar transparency through tweaking registry.But I dont know how to make start menu, action center and window borders transparent. Could anyone help me...
  3. Action Center

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Action Center: Hi. I want Action Center to show more than 20 notifications. Any idea on how to achieve that? Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/fromaoo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gp87pe/action_center/
  4. action center

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    action center: What do I do? It shows that I have a notification but when I click into it blank How do I fix this ? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center/b74e9a83-d6ae-404c-96ad-cb89e2845df5"
  5. Action Center bugs?

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center bugs?: I have a clean install of Win 10 1809 about 3 weeks old and already the Action Center is playing up. I have Youtube subscriptions that are sent to my Action Center and most of time the links are not opening, I click it and it just disappears from the Action Center list...
  6. action center

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    action center: The action center icon indicates 'actions recommended' but when I open the security center I have green checks next to all categories with the notation 'no actions needed' but the icon says I have a problem and won't go away....
  7. Window Border Shadows Left on Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Window Border Shadows Left on Desktop: I keep seeing some windows border shadows stuck on my desktop when resuming from sleep. I attached a screenshot of it. Any idea what may be going on or how to remove them? Thanks! b 82851
  8. Action Center /Search-Cortana /Unresponsive Windows Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center /Search-Cortana /Unresponsive Windows Icon: I can no longer use Search/Cortana as the Windows icon or Windows key are unresponsive and there is no way to open Search the web and Windows. Also, can no longer open Action Center. Everything was working fine after upgrade from Windows 7 for awhile, then the above...
  9. Rearrange Action Center Quick Actions in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rearrange Action Center Quick Actions in Windows 10: How to: Rearrange Action Center Quick Actions in Windows 10 How to Rearrange Action Center Quick Actions in Windows 10 The Action Center has personalized quick actions at the bottom to be able to easily toggle on/off or open items such as Airplane mode, All settings,...
  10. Windows 10 Action Center Border still here.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Action Center Border still here.: Hi guys Iam on windows 10 home edition 64bit 10586 build and what's really annoying me is the fact that I still have a large black/grey border around the action center despite me turning transparency off which really frustrates me as a result, consult to screenshot here!...