Windows 10: Shadow Copy Error 0x80042306 and Not Able to Create Restore Point

Discus and support Shadow Copy Error 0x80042306 and Not Able to Create Restore Point in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed the new Win 10 Update [took all afternoon and right up t0 2130 at night]. It went O.K.; I had only to retrieve icons for some folders, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Old_hand, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Old_hand Win User

Shadow Copy Error 0x80042306 and Not Able to Create Restore Point

I installed the new Win 10 Update [took all afternoon and right up t0 2130 at night]. It went O.K.; I had only to retrieve icons for some folders, but I found I could not create a Restore Point for the above reason. I looked at the Event Log (!), I searched for answers online. There is so much conflicting or unrelated info. like get rid of Apple Drivers. Any up-to-date Help, please?

:)

Old_hand, Jul 10, 2019

2. shadow copy provider error 0x80042306

shadow copy provider error 0x80042306

Dr. NaumannGerd, Jul 10, 2019
  3. shadow copy provider error 0x80042306

Dear Mr. Ado,

I am neither part of the first group (programmers and developers) nor of the second (IT professionals). I am a simple end user.

Apparently, there are multiple end users having the same issues I have (Results for all categories - Microsoft Community).

One of many examples: AlexCavicchioli
    replied on August 6, 2015

In reply to Albert_Lim's post on August 6, 2015

I think it is a bug......its driving me bat....tried everything to solve it but to no avail.........I was very happy with win10.........great upgrade...all was good
    till the backup issue including image creation and restore points.....so as long as everything

works I am ok....but if I have to restore I am dammed.......feels like Russian roulette..... lets hope Microsoft fixes it fast.........:-(

So it’s not me or my computer. Please help me fix it.

Kind regards

Gerd

Von: Microsoft Community [mailto:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***]

Gesendet: Montag, 27. November 2017 13:14

An: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Betreff: Rate a recent reply: shadow copy provider error 0x80042306

Microsoft Community

Rate a recent reply

Hi ,

You received a reply from John Ado to your question
    shadow copy provider error 0x80042306.

Did it resolve the problem? We’d love to get your feedback.

Give feedback

Unsubscribe:

On the question
    , select the ellipsis (...) and then select Unsubscribe.

This mailbox is unattended. Please do not reply to this message. If you feel that you received this email in error, you can sign in and update your email settings.

Privacy Policy |
    Code of Conduct |

Update your email settings

Dr. NaumannGerd, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Shadow Copy Error 0x80042306 and Not Able to Create Restore Point

unable to create system restore point

Dear Santosh Kumar Rai,

I have not been able to create a restore point, either manually or automatically, since I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 last year.

I have followed your instructions several times and am receiving the following error message:

"System Protection

The restore point could not be created for the following reason:

The shadow copy provider had an error. Check the System and Application event logs for more information. (0x80042306).

Please try again."

I went to the System and Application event log but have no idea what to do with the "more information" found there.

Please help.

CameronFish, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

Shadow Copy Error 0x80042306 and Not Able to Create Restore Point

1. Shadow Copy Error 0x80042306 and Not Able to Create Restore Point - Similar Threads - Shadow Copy Error

2. "The restore point could not be created for the following reason:" "The shadow copy...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "The restore point could not be created for the following reason:" "The shadow copy...: It shows this when I tried to create a system restore point https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-restore-point-could-not-be-created-for-the/c0acad2d-9e73-437a-892a-ff67cbb68863
  3. "The shadow copy provider had an error 0x80042306"

"The shadow copy provider had an error 0x80042306": After trying to create a system restore point, I got the error message in the title. I have tried all of the solutions I have read about using VSSadmin and SFC, and set VSS to start automatically, delayed. These do not fix the problem. I believe the problem is rooted in...
  4. Restore points not saving shadow copies of files

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore points not saving shadow copies of files: I read that restore points save files and on the user's profile that you may restore later if you delete or edit them. I've been testing this and couldn't see it working. Am I missing something? Example: - I created a restore point then edited a file in my...
  5. Volume Shadow Copy and Restore Points

Volume Shadow Copy and Restore Points: I am noticing I cant find my Automatic Restore Points AND I cant find the Restore Points Windows creates after a Quality Update .. in the System Restore application. I just checked my Task Scheduler for Restore Points and the last task to create an Automatic Restore point...
  6. Volume Shadow Copy Service errors 0x0000007E, 0x80042306, 0x80070057 in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Volume Shadow Copy Service errors 0x0000007E, 0x80042306, 0x80070057 in Windows 10: [ATTACH]In today’s post, we will explore the cause and then provide possible remediations for the issue of usability limit for Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) […] This post Volume Shadow Copy Service errors 0x0000007E, 0x80042306, 0x80070057 in Windows 10 is from...
  7. Can't create restore point - "The shadow copy provider had an error..... (0x80042306)

Can't create restore point - "The shadow copy provider had an error..... (0x80042306): I'm unable to create a restore point. I started the volume shadow service and it still does not work. Anything else I can try? Thanks!...
  8. Restore Point and Shadow Copy

Restore Point and Shadow Copy: Cannot create a Restore Point and cannot create a shadow copy for backup. Are the two related? How can I resolve these issues? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-point-and-shadow-copy/566c838a-0490-45a4-9490-3ee22a860661
  9. Restore and Shadow Copy

Restore and Shadow Copy: What is the difference between System Restore and Shadow Copy? I am familiar with the first, but only came across references to the second recently. 56132
  10. System Restore Error 0x81000203 - can't create shadow copies

System Restore Error 0x81000203 - can't create shadow copies: Please help me to diagnose and fix my VSS errors. Symptoms include: When visiting the System Protection tab in System Properties, I get the error message: "There was an unexpected error in the property page. System Restore encountered an error. Please try to run System...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the shadow copy provider had an error creating restore point macbook pro windows 10

2. 80042306

3. failed to create shadow copy error 0x80042306

4. system and application event logs ox8oo42306,
  5. volume shadow copy error 0x80042306,
  6. system and application event logs 0x80042306,
  7. the shadow copy error 0x80042306