Windows 10: Shadow font on desktop icons

Discus and support Shadow font on desktop icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to remove shadow font on desktop icons in Windows 10. I have tried doing this from Advanced Settings but the shadows persist.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RobertBrody, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Shadow font on desktop icons

I want to remove shadow font on desktop icons in Windows 10. I have tried doing this from Advanced Settings but the shadows persist.

:)

RobertBrody, Jun 23, 2019
  2. John Zab Win User

Icon font shadow

Hi,

To remove the font shadow in your desktop, please follow these steps:

1. Click Start, type advanced into the search box.

2. Under Control Panel, click View Advanced System Settings.

3. In the Performance section, click the [ Settings... ] button.

4. Select the Visual Effects tab.

5. Uncheck the Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop setting.

Let us know the results

John Zab, Jun 23, 2019
  3. newfig Win User
    Windows 10 Home Icon and Font Shadows

Looking for solution to eliminate green shadow line at the bottom of desktop and the magenta and green font and icon shadows on my desktop and on font choices in Word 2007.

newfig, Jun 23, 2019
  4. gertblij Win User

Shadow font on desktop icons

Drop shadow for desktop icon text font keeps coming back

I have unticked the drop shadow options in settings and the relevant registry item is set to 0.

When I reboot I get the desktop icon fonts WITHOUT drop shadow, but after a short while the drop shadows are back again.

How can I permanently disable the drop shadows for the desktop icon font?

TIA

Gert

gertblij, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

Shadow font on desktop icons

1. Shadow font on desktop icons - Similar Threads - Shadow font desktop

2. How to change the font for desktop icons from white shadow to simple black?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the font for desktop icons from white shadow to simple black?: Windows 11 Pro Need to change Icon shadow font to a simple black font.Shadow font is very hard to read. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-font-for-desktop-icons-from/827ba7c1-6258-43d6-91d3-2ab7ea8c05b2
  3. Desktop Icon text is in shadow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icon text is in shadow: Windows 11 just updated with latest version 22H2 OS build 2261.2428. Now the desktop icons labels are in shadows. I checked registry and found that ListViewShadow was set to 0 the setting to eliminate shadows. Yet the problem persists. Anyone have suggestions on how to fix...
  4. Desktop Icon text is in shadow

Desktop Icon text is in shadow: Windows 11 just updated with latest version 22H2 OS build 2261.2428. Now the desktop icons labels are in shadows. I checked registry and found that ListViewShadow was set to 0 the setting to eliminate shadows. Yet the problem persists. Anyone have suggestions on how to fix...
  5. Drop shadow for desktop icon text font keeps coming back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drop shadow for desktop icon text font keeps coming back: I have done everything in the topic "Drop shadow for desktop icon text font keeps coming back" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drop-shadow-for-desktop-icon-text-font-keeps/484f0cb2-f87e-41e1-a37f-a01735e25e6c, including setting every drop shadow setting...
  6. Drop shadow for desktop icon text font keeps coming back

Drop shadow for desktop icon text font keeps coming back: I have done everything in the topic "Drop shadow for desktop icon text font keeps coming back" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drop-shadow-for-desktop-icon-text-font-keeps/484f0cb2-f87e-41e1-a37f-a01735e25e6c including setting every drop shadow setting...
  7. Drop shadow for desktop icon text font keeps coming back

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drop shadow for desktop icon text font keeps coming back: I have done everything in the topic "Drop shadow for desktop icon text font keeps coming back" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drop-shadow-for-desktop-icon-text-font-keeps/484f0cb2-f87e-41e1-a37f-a01735e25e6c including setting every drop shadow setting...
  8. Drop shadows on desktop icons

Drop shadows on desktop icons: The inability to stop drop shadows has been going on for far too long. All the Microsoft responses stating the fix as checking the Drop Shadow box is ridiculous. It doesn't stop the problem. I've started to use Virtual Desktop more often and EVERY TIME I switch desktops...
  9. removing desktop icon shadow

removing desktop icon shadow: This is a bug that Microsoft has protected for >5 years. "We are glad that you have chosen Windows 10. I can understand that you are facing some concern regarding personalization of your desktop. Please let me help you. July 2015" No Help at all. I never asked for a shadow...
  10. Desktop Icon Font Drop Shadows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop Icon Font Drop Shadows: Win 10 Tech Demo. I would like to have plain black text on my desktop icons. I have un-ticked the appropriate box to remove the subject drop shadows, but it did not remove them. I have checked the appropriate registry setting which is set to "0". When I boot into Win...