Windows 10: Shadow of War from Game Pass crashes on PC

Discus and support Shadow of War from Game Pass crashes on PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello I downloaded Shadow of War for PC when it got into Game Pass and after about 10 seconds it crashes. If I1m fast I can get through the Press... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NATCAB, Jul 10, 2019.

1. NATCAB Win User

Shadow of War from Game Pass crashes on PC

Hello

I downloaded Shadow of War for PC when it got into Game Pass and after about 10 seconds it crashes. If I1m fast I can get through the Press SPACEBAR screen but when I click New Game it's just crashes without any warning sign or error code.

:)

NATCAB, Jul 10, 2019
  2. Miner_MZ Win User

Shadow of War Play Anywhere instantly crashes on start

I received Middle Earth: Shadow of War as a gift. When first installed it runs fine, but after I play a Steam game, Shadow of War instantly crashes at start up. I have tried reinstalling the Microsoft Store. No change.

Rebooting does nothing.

The only thing that helps is uninstalling the game and then reinstalling. However once again, after playing another game, Shadow of War will instantly crash every time I try to load it.

Here is the event log:

Unable to start a DCOM Server: WarnerBros.Interactive.WB-Kraken_1.0.14.2_x64__ktmk1xygcecda!Kraken.D3D11.C as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error:

"317"

Happened while starting this command:

"C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\WarnerBros.Interactive.WB-Kraken_1.0.14.2_x64__ktmk1xygcecda\UWP64\ShadowOfWar.exe" -ServerName:Kraken.D3D11.C.AppXsp8t5rxg7vs3a6syy83w6sjp49798sy1.mca

My account is the only account on the system and it is by default an Administrator

Miner_MZ, Jul 10, 2019
  3. DyMndSkiR Win User
    Shadow of War Play Anywhere instantly crashes on start

I found an alternate solution on another site (can’t remember where it was) that said to try and download something else from the Microsoft Store. I chose to download the Spotify app for Windows, and after downloading and installing I attempted to start
    Shadow of War. To my surprise, it worked. I’m not sure what happens in downloading a different application but somehow it worked. I have done this three times now when Shadow of War failed to launch and this fix has worked each time. It isn’t permanent, but
    works whenever the game crashes on startup.

DyMndSkiR, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Shadow of War from Game Pass crashes on PC

Middle Earth Shadow of War not working offline

Go here:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-title...

Navigate to: Do I need to be online or connected to the Internet to play Middle-Earth: Shadow of War?

Read everything there including the link there. Should help Shadow of War from Game Pass crashes on PC :)

Zackary Vanosdol, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

Shadow of War from Game Pass crashes on PC

1. Shadow of War from Game Pass crashes on PC - Similar Threads - Shadow War Game

2. Bought Game Pass for the PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought Game Pass for the PC: I have bought Game Pass for the PC and i am unable to download games that are included within the game pass https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bought-game-pass-for-the-pc/bd88e31a-8b60-4fd5-9158-52f29b9dbdc6
  3. Backup and Restore Games and Saves from Game Pass for PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup and Restore Games and Saves from Game Pass for PC: I have seen this question/request a couple times, but they are all older questions... is there a way to restore my games and save files if my Windows install craps out on me? I had my system drive fail, but like a person who's had to deal with that before, I keep all of my...
  4. Shadows of war does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shadows of war does not work: I bought a game from Microsoft store on PC it was working fine after a while it does not work at all till today! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shadows-of-war-does-not-work/b08874f0-74a5-459e-87a5-49e807368464
  5. Backup and Restore Games and Saves from Game Pass for PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup and Restore Games and Saves from Game Pass for PC: I have seen this question/request a couple times, but they are all older questions... is there a way to restore my games and save files if my Windows install craps out on me? I had my system drive fail, but like a person who's had to deal with that before, I keep all of my...
  6. Xbox games pass on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox games pass on pc: Hi I just got the xbox games pass for pc. On the store I see some games labelled as "free with pass", some having a discount with pass and some others as "included with pass", what is the difference between them?...
  7. Not permissions in WindowsApps from Game Pass Pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not permissions in WindowsApps from Game Pass Pc: Hi! I'm having some problems when trying to modify any file from the "WindowsApps" folder which contains all the game installed from the Xbox PC app. When I try to edit any config file or copy any file into the folder, I either get a "Not permission" error or a "Not enought...
  8. GAME PASS (PC) Halo Wars install issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GAME PASS (PC) Halo Wars install issue: I'm getting the error: 0x803f8001 when trying to install Halo Wars Halo Wars: Definitive Edition (PC). Help Please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-pass-pc-halo-wars-install-issue/7a670ad7-3752-4406-ac1d-fd9594247a05
  9. Xbox Game Pass PC

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox Game Pass PC: Hello. So, with the pass on sale, it wasn't a hard decision to buy it for so cheap, so i signed in to make the purchase, entered all my credit card information normally, however the postal code was set to United Kingdom or United States as a default for some reason, even...
  10. Game pass for PC not working.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Game pass for PC not working.: I just bought the game pass for PC this morning after seeing the list of games, and the one i was mostly looking forward to was slay the spire, however when i went into the Microsoft store app and searched for the game, it said "owned", but when i clicked on it, the install...