Windows 10: Shadow on my All-In-One Computer

Discus and support Shadow on my All-In-One Computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, on Monday, I noticed that a shadow had appeared on my All-In-One PC. I've tried everything to get rid of it, but nothing's worked, anyone got any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jacob Fairclough, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Shadow on my All-In-One Computer

Hey, on Monday, I noticed that a shadow had appeared on my All-In-One PC. I've tried everything to get rid of it, but nothing's worked, anyone got any ideas on what to do? Shadow on my All-In-One Computer 9fc0c28c-31ce-406e-b2d2-87414723ab01?upload=true.jpg

:)

Jacob Fairclough, Sep 16, 2020

2. shadows not working on desktop (windows and mouse pointer)

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• When you say Shadows are you referring to drop shadows?
    • Were you able to get this shadows just after upgrade to Windows 10? If yes, were there any significant software or hardware changes made after that?

Drop shadow is a visual effect consisting of drawing that looks like the shadow of an object, giving the impression that the object is raised above the objects behind it.

Method 1:

If you have not tried the following steps you may check if it helps.

• • Open Control Panel and click System and security.

• Click on system.

• Click on Advanced system settings.

• Go to Advanced Tab.

• Select performance.

• Click settings.

• Check “Show shadows under windows” and click OK.

Method 2:

If the above method does not help, I would suggest you to try different background themes and check if it helps.

I hope the above information helps. If not, please get back to us with the updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Mann_Manohar, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Backup fails, error 0x81000019, shadow copy could not be created

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1

I suggest you to make sure “Volume shadow copy Service” is enabled.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + R” from the keyboard.

• Type “services.msc” without quotes in the “Run” Window and hit Enter.

• Locate “Volume shadow copy" service.

• Right click on it and select “Start” option.

• Close the “Services” Window.

• Check if the issue persists.
    Method 2

Place the computer in Clean Boot and then try to perform Backup.

You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer
    to Normal startup mode.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Shadow on my All-In-One Computer

Error 0x80042308 i Windows 10 Pro

Hello Skott,

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

Check if the Volume Shadow Copy service is running on your computer or not.

To check for the same follow the steps below:

• On the Start screen, type ‘services.msc’ and hit Enter.
    • Locate “Volume Shadow Copy” and check if the service is started.
    • If not ‘Start’ the service.

If the service was already started, I’d suggest you to stop the service and restart the same. Repeat the above steps for ‘Windows Backup service”, too. Now check if you can create restore point.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Shadow on my All-In-One Computer

1. Shadow on my All-In-One Computer - Similar Threads - Shadow Computer

2. Photo Gallery Shadow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photo Gallery Shadow: I use windows photo gallery in Windows 10. I've wondered why there is a small shadow on the right and lower sides of my pictures when I view them. I think it's to project the photo when you view it. This has been that way since I upgraded to Windows 10 years ago. Is there a...
  3. Why does Paint add shadows to my drawings?? How can I stop this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Paint add shadows to my drawings?? How can I stop this: I have an MSI Katana GF76 11UD with Windows 11 Home Ver. 23H2 OS build: 22631.3296 Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22687.1000.0When I create files with Paint, sometimes Paint will add shadows to the file. What? Why?! I started a file from scratch File - New and then used...
  4. Why does Paint add shadows to my drawings?? How can I stop this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Paint add shadows to my drawings?? How can I stop this: I have an MSI Katana GF76 11UD with Windows 11 Home Ver. 23H2 OS build: 22631.3296 Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22687.1000.0When I create files with Paint, sometimes Paint will add shadows to the file. What? Why?! I started a file from scratch File - New and then used...
  5. Stripes at bottom of the screen and dark vertical "shadow" on laptop screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Stripes at bottom of the screen and dark vertical "shadow" on laptop screen: Hi! I have an issue with my 2,5 year old Legion 5 screen. As you can see on the pictures, there are horizontal lines at the bottom of the screen. I'm not sure when they exactly appeared, but I've spotted them 1-2~ or so month ago. Apart from that, there are also vertical...
  6. Shadows on desktop icons February 2024

Shadows on desktop icons February 2024: There have been a number of very useful threads on this topic in recent years, so I won't go over the problem again in any great detail. Briefly, the desktop icon fonts have a drop shadow which is supposed to be optional there's a checkbox in the Performance Options window,...
  7. Issues with Windows 11 and KB5031354. My computer now has Drop Shadows on DeskTop Icons....

Issues with Windows 11 and KB5031354. My computer now has Drop Shadows on DeskTop Icons....: Team : The Recent Update.Windows 11 Version 22H2 x64 -based systems KB5031354.I Un Installed the Update. Then When I ReStarted teh Computer, within 1 hour the Update Windows 11 Version 22H2 x64 -based systems KB5031354 installs again. Drop Shadows return.Microsoft, STOP...
  8. Issues with Windows 11 and KB5031354. My computer now has Drop Shadows on DeskTop Icons....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Windows 11 and KB5031354. My computer now has Drop Shadows on DeskTop Icons....: Team : The Recent Update.Windows 11 Version 22H2 x64 -based systems KB5031354.I Un Installed the Update. Then When I ReStarted teh Computer, within 1 hour the Update Windows 11 Version 22H2 x64 -based systems KB5031354 installs again. Drop Shadows return.Microsoft, STOP...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Middle Earth: Shadow of War crashing on PC if computer is offline: Hello,I bought Middle Earth on MS and it works fine, as long as I'm connected to the internet. If I'm offline, the game does not work. It even get to the main menu. I start the game and after a few seconds it closes... Does any one have this same issue? Any ideia how to fix...

Middle Earth: Shadow of War crashing on PC if computer is offline: Hello,I bought Middle Earth on MS and it works fine, as long as I'm connected to the internet. If I'm offline, the game does not work. It even get to the main menu. I start the game and after a few seconds it closes... Does any one have this same issue? Any ideia how to fix...