Windows 10: shadow on type below icon

Discus and support shadow on type below icon in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do I get the shadow on the text below icon off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Emory andDee, Jan 19, 2021.

1. shadow on type below icon

how do I get the shadow on the text below icon off

:)

Emory andDee, Jan 19, 2021

2. Strange Shadow type Icon/Image Windows 10

Hi VidhuGour,

In order to help you with your concern about the strange shadow, icon or image on your Windows 10 screen, you may check and access the icon using the File Explorer of your Windows 10 PC. Follow these steps:

• Click the File Manager icon from the taskbar.
    • Click This PC.
    • Click the Desktop folder.
    • It should show you that strange desktop icon and its corresponding File name.

If it doesn't show, you may try changing your wallpaper into a darker type and see if the strange figure would still be there. If it is, then it might be a dead pixel that you currently have on your screen.

Let us know the result for us to help you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jan 19, 2021
  3. John Zab Win User
    Icon font shadow

Hi,

To remove the font shadow in your desktop, please follow these steps:

1. Click Start, type advanced into the search box.

2. Under Control Panel, click View Advanced System Settings.

3. In the Performance section, click the [ Settings... ] button.

4. Select the Visual Effects tab.

5. Uncheck the Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop setting.

Let us know the results

John Zab, Jan 19, 2021
  4. shadow on type below icon

app icons

For this issue, it is possible that the drop shadow of the desktop icon labels is enabled. We suggest that you follow these steps to disable this feature:

• Right-click This PC in File Explorer, and choose
      Properties.
    • Choose Advanced system settings.
    • Click Settings in Performance.
    • In Visual Effects settings, deselect Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop, and then tap
      OK.

About the issue with the Start menu, we suggest that you run the
    Start menu troubleshooter
    . After you've completed the troubleshooter, restart your device and check if the issue persists.

If you need further assistance, let us know.

Aileen Alf, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

shadow on type below icon

1. shadow on type below icon - Similar Threads - shadow type below

2. Remove this Black Shadow below this !!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove this Black Shadow below this !!: Can you see a black thing behind the white textI want to remove thatPlease help meThank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-this-black-shadow-below-this/df710f65-8edc-40c2-9c45-1c20d88bdf85
  3. Remove this Black Shadow below this !!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove this Black Shadow below this !!: Can you see a black thing behind the white textI want to remove thatPlease help meThank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-this-black-shadow-below-this/df710f65-8edc-40c2-9c45-1c20d88bdf85
  4. How to remove shadow below the folder icon?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove shadow below the folder icon?: How can I remove this line? I tried restoring the settings to default. But it didn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-shadow-below-the-folder-icon/a8a66b92-17cb-4005-9fa0-89b1329ce4e4
  5. Icons cast a shadows

Icons cast a shadows: Hi. I have turned off this function in the performance section, and yeah, there is no shadows until I play a game and then getting out of it, then they appear. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-cast-a-shadows/25a656f0-7dbe-4030-833b-68b395c9cf29
  6. Drop shadows on desktop icons

Drop shadows on desktop icons: The inability to stop drop shadows has been going on for far too long. All the Microsoft responses stating the fix as checking the Drop Shadow box is ridiculous. It doesn't stop the problem. I've started to use Virtual Desktop more often and EVERY TIME I switch desktops...
  7. Icons cast shadows bug?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icons cast shadows bug?: The icons cast shadows, although I disabled this feature in the system settings in the performance section. Strangely that after rebooting or waking up from sleep mode the shadows appear or on the contrary disappear i dont know how its works...
  8. removing desktop icon shadow

removing desktop icon shadow: This is a bug that Microsoft has protected for >5 years. "We are glad that you have chosen Windows 10. I can understand that you are facing some concern regarding personalization of your desktop. Please let me help you. July 2015" No Help at all. I never asked for a shadow...
  9. Remove typing shadow in bar

Remove typing shadow in bar: It's really hard to describe this so here's an image of what I'm talking about: [ATTACH][ATTACH] I don't know how it has occured or how I activated it, but it seems like it suddenly appeared out of the blue on both my laptop and desktop machines. It is exclusive to Windows...
  10. Shadow font on desktop icons

Shadow font on desktop icons: I want to remove shadow font on desktop icons in Windows 10. I have tried doing this from Advanced Settings but the shadows persist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shadow-font-on-desktop-icons/912d5448-3aa4-4d59-bb3e-add9f5021727