Windows 10: "Shadow" US keyboard that I cannot get rid of

Discus and support "Shadow" US keyboard that I cannot get rid of in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As per the attached, I have one keyboard layout and one layout only, shift+2 will get you ", whereas now it gets me @, which is only possible on the US... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LeGoo, Jul 23, 2021.

1. LeGoo Win User

"Shadow" US keyboard that I cannot get rid of

As per the attached, I have one keyboard layout and one layout only, shift+2 will get you ", whereas now it gets me @, which is only possible on the US keyboard. The US layout is nowhere to be found and as mentioned I have no previous language packs installed.Please restrain from system restore solutions.

:)

LeGoo, Jul 23, 2021

2. shadows not working on desktop (windows and mouse pointer)

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• When you say Shadows are you referring to drop shadows?
    • Were you able to get this shadows just after upgrade to Windows 10? If yes, were there any significant software or hardware changes made after that?

Drop shadow is a visual effect consisting of drawing that looks like the shadow of an object, giving the impression that the object is raised above the objects behind it.

Method 1:

If you have not tried the following steps you may check if it helps.

• • Open Control Panel and click System and security.

• Click on system.

• Click on Advanced system settings.

• Go to Advanced Tab.

• Select performance.

• Click settings.

• Check “Show shadows under windows” and click OK.

Method 2:

If the above method does not help, I would suggest you to try different background themes and check if it helps.

I hope the above information helps. If not, please get back to us with the updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Mann_Manohar, Jul 23, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Backup fails, error 0x81000019, shadow copy could not be created

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1

I suggest you to make sure “Volume shadow copy Service” is enabled.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + R” from the keyboard.

• Type “services.msc” without quotes in the “Run” Window and hit Enter.

• Locate “Volume shadow copy" service.

• Right click on it and select “Start” option.

• Close the “Services” Window.

• Check if the issue persists.
    Method 2

Place the computer in Clean Boot and then try to perform Backup.

You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer
    to Normal startup mode.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jul 23, 2021
  4. "Shadow" US keyboard that I cannot get rid of

Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Jul 23, 2021
Thema:

"Shadow" US keyboard that I cannot get rid of

1. "Shadow" US keyboard that I cannot get rid of - Similar Threads - Shadow keyboard cannot

2. Hoe to get rid of shadow dark whenever i open any application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hoe to get rid of shadow dark whenever i open any application: i have tried every possible way to disable but its not helping a little.here is the screenshotyou can see it dark the background while i open the chrome and its happening with every other application i have in my pc...
  3. Unable to get rid of keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to get rid of keyboard: [ATTACH]is it because it's set as the default? if so, how do i change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-get-rid-of-keyboard/67f94232-1f5e-4f9d-b135-1ae936aa279b
  4. Can't get rid of US Keyboard

Can't get rid of US Keyboard: I tryed to get rid of the US Keyboard option but it is not going away. In the settings I have 2 Keybord Input types: A Englisch one with qwertz and a German one with qwertz But in the taskbar there now is a 3rd for no aperent reson. a Englisch qwerty. Can i get rid of...
  5. Cannot remove US keyboard layout

Cannot remove US keyboard layout: Recently I've noticed that a US keyboard layout has appeared on my language bar. I've always had jsut English UK and Japanese on there and it would switch between them whenever I press left shift + left alt. which turned out to be a very bad idea because I'm an artist and...
  6. Third keyboard layout appeared, cannot get rid of it.

Third keyboard layout appeared, cannot get rid of it.: After the recent update to 1909 or 1903, the usual US+HU layouts I use were replaced by ENG/US+ENG/HU+HUN. Both on my desktop and notebook. The system settings do not reflect it, there are just the two old layouts. I tried deleting, re-adding them, every time I am presented...
  7. Cannot change keyboard for English from US to US International

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot change keyboard for English from US to US International: Hello, I am new in W10. Still busy installing and familiarizing... Installed my TWO main languages: English/US and DUTCH (my native language) Installed the US INTERNATIONAL keyboard for both languages. It worked... But... Today I noticed that my ENGLISH US has the default...
  8. Cannot change keyboard for English from US to US International

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot change keyboard for English from US to US International: Hello, I am new in W10. Still busy installing and familiarizing... Installed my TWO main languages: English/US and DUTCH (my native language) Installed the US INTERNATIONAL keyboard for both languages. It worked... But... Today I noticed that my ENGLISH US has the default...
  9. Shadow Copy, uses ? Get rid of it ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shadow Copy, uses ? Get rid of it ?: I was just looking around and run into this program: Access Hard Drive Snapshots with ShadowCopyView - MajorGeeks After examining part of my system with it I noticed that some folders tend to be huge and taking a lot of space. Now, I'm not cramped for space but looks like...
  10. Getting rid of US keyboard that suddenly appeared when I only use UK.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Getting rid of US keyboard that suddenly appeared when I only use UK.: All of a sudden, two of my PCs (after using Windows 10 for months) decided to add a US keyboard to my PC (I only use UK keyboards). I went to the UK display language in settings menu, and it only shows the UK keyboard. No US keyboard shown at all. I know people have had...