Windows 10: Shadowcopy of video media file - not working

Discus and support Shadowcopy of video media file - not working in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi, I have used a shadowcopy to extract/copy a file into my computer, although the video shows its the right size to have the video (so something is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by ali13196, May 27, 2020.

1. ali13196 Win User

Shadowcopy of video media file - not working

Hi,

I have used a shadowcopy to extract/copy a file into my computer, although the video shows its the right size to have the video (so something is in there) it is not loading the video successfully? just shows 0:00 in vlc and other media plays say its not supported.

:)

ali13196, May 27, 2020

2. Windows Media Player not working for videos

Hi

The problem is Windows Media Player wont work at all. When I try to play a video clip I get the message: "Browser has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is
    available."

I tried the fix you suggested involved going into Device Manager, Sound video and game controller then looking for updates for the 2 audio drivers available:

• ATI HDMI Audio and
    • Realtek High Definition Audio

but the problem remains.

However, I can open the video files using Windows Live Movie Maker; picture and sound are ok, though the picture is limited in size.

Tim

Tim McGlone, May 28, 2020
  3. Videos not working on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Does this issue occur on Internet Explorer too?

2) Are you able to play the videos which are there in the local drive using Windows media player?

This issue might be because of corrupted graphic drivers.

I suggest you to run the video troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.

• In the left pane click on

• Select Video Playback.

• Follow the prompted steps to troubleshoot this issue.
    I suggest you to update the graphics card drivers/display drivers from manufacturer website and check if it resolves the issue.

• Open Device Manager.

• Expand ‘Display Adapter’.

• Locate the display driver.

• Right-click on the display card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’
    If issue still persists, I would suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it works.

Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Please reply with status of the issue for further assistance.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, May 28, 2020
  4. Shadowcopy of video media file - not working

Media/File Server on the cheap

Hey guys,

My PC is currently filling up and i have 4 HDDs.

I use my PC as a media server as well as a gaming rig.

What I want/need to do is build an external enclosure/rig that is cheap money wise and effective as a file/media server that is DNLA compliant. It would be nice to be able to run my Usenet through it and control it via web interface and remote connect. I would use Linux if a step by step guide is available for setting up the DNLA server and such as well.

This is my first foray into this field of PCs. Help please! ^_^

Killer_Rubber_Ducky, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Shadowcopy of video media file - not working

1. Shadowcopy of video media file - not working - Similar Threads - Shadowcopy video media

2. How to locate shadowcopy files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to locate shadowcopy files?: I’ve read of others who have had difficulty removing the phish!pz Trojan from their machines when the file had been detected on one of their physical drives. In my case, the offending article appears to be buried in a shadowcopy file which I can’t locate:Affected items:file:...
  3. How to locate shadowcopy files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to locate shadowcopy files?: I’ve read of others who have had difficulty removing the phish!pz Trojan from their machines when the file had been detected on one of their physical drives. In my case, the offending article appears to be buried in a shadowcopy file which I can’t locate:Affected items:file:...
  4. How to locate shadowcopy files?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. how do I convert video files to work in windows media player?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I convert video files to work in windows media player?: How do I convert video files to work in windows media player? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-convert-video-files-to-work-in-windows/ca0af684-36dc-4e2c-83e6-ecfe2495ea81
  6. how do I convert video files to work in windows media player?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I convert video files to work in windows media player?: How do I convert video files to work in windows media player? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-convert-video-files-to-work-in-windows/ca0af684-36dc-4e2c-83e6-ecfe2495ea81
  7. video media preview not working on preview pane or on icons.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    video media preview not working on preview pane or on icons.: video icons only showing default media player, no preview. preview pane shows same default media player icon. how do I fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-media-preview-not-working-on-preview-pane-or/00bcdf2b-27f7-4e7e-95df-79a91c65c41e
  8. Thumbnails for Video Files such as mp4 Are Not Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnails for Video Files such as mp4 Are Not Working: Within the last couple of days, thumbnails for video files particularly mp4 seem to have stopped appearing. New files would not get thumbnails, while thumbnails for older files remained. Even more odd, these new mp4 files would receive thumbnails while being uploaded to...
  9. Media Player wont play ANY video files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Media Player wont play ANY video files: Plays music files but not video file No error message, no warning windows, nothing. Player just goes away and thats it. Fresh install of Windows 10 x64. Downloaded and installed directx files as usual. Event viewer shows - System - Provider [ Name] Application...
  10. Video & Social Media

in Windows 10 Support
    Video & Social Media: I've been having problems playing video's, especially on Facebook. It shows that they're playing but I have no sound or picture. I have had some luck by manually moving the video cursor back to the start position, like 10%. *Redface Thanks 13999