Windows 10: Shadowprotect VS Macrium VS Terabyte

Discus and support Shadowprotect VS Macrium VS Terabyte in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; help me to decide wich one should i buy ?? i never use shadowprotect , but some forum tell me its better than macrium, but its more expensive for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by miqbaln, Aug 23, 2017.

1. miqbaln Win User

Shadowprotect VS Macrium VS Terabyte

help me to decide wich one should i buy ?? i never use shadowprotect , but some forum tell me its better than macrium, but its more expensive for backup program.. just litlle curious, i ever use terabyte, but backup file size larger than reflect,,

Reflect
    Shadowprotect
    Terabyte

thanks in advance

:)

miqbaln, Aug 23, 2017
  2. graye Win User

Correct Format for USB Stick | FAT32? | NTFS? | Some Other Format?

So, that appears to indicate that Macrium doesn't care about the format... as long as the file system can be "seen" by your system.

I'd suggest exFAT...
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/3109559/hardware/why-your-usb-drives-file-format-matters-fat32-vs-exfat-vs-ntfs.html

graye, Aug 23, 2017
  3. -vs- Win User
    Windows media centre on Windows 10 N - updates fail

I am running a Windows 10 Pro N install - updated from Win 7. Anniversary Update installed

I have been having issues with media with windows native apps/browser:

• Launching Grove Music app
    • Opening PDFs in Edge
    • Playing WMA file
    All of these functions I have a work around for, but I am trying to get everything to work properly and it seems to be that I am missing a Media pack: I have already read the other threads and installed MEDIA FEATURE PACK for Windows 10 N

First KB3010081 and then KB3099229

4. Shadowprotect VS Macrium VS Terabyte

The only way for you to make a realistic decision, is to try each one. MR has a free version, I did see a 30 free trial on Terabytes web site, but I didn't the other one. Some are faster, some slower, better U.I.'s the list of factors can go on and on. I test 4 different imaging products and finally settled on Macrium. But everybody's needs can be different. Give them a try.

storageman, Aug 23, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
    Macrium Reflect Free is a firm favourite backup program here and is perfectly adequate for personal users. The next level (paid) has extra features like incremental backups and Rapid Delta Restore.

Shadowprotect is really for corporate systems. Terabyte is not one of the most common tools.

I would go with Macrium Reflect Free unless you have specific requirements.

cereberus, Aug 23, 2017
  6. miqbaln Win User
    I ended up using aomei backup standard, cz it support file/folder backup.. Macrium is good, but somehow, it give boot partition scanning and repair everytime i boot, i manage to solve that by bcdedit after reatore... And i dobt see aomei give me that headache,

miqbaln, Sep 21, 2017
  7. Beaupeep Win User
    I haven't used Terabyte but did use Storagecraft's Shadowprotect for a year or two after I lost confidence in the ubiquitous Acronis TrueImage. Also tried AOMEI Backupper and hastily purchased 3 EaseUS Todo Backup licenses for my PCs. In a nutshell let me say I prefer to stay away from these programs.

Shadowprotect is a very reliable albeit expensive utility but, sadly, they had (or still have) a very unpredictable activation/deactivation system. This process is essential if you are planning to clean install your OS. Activation failures means getting in touch with their support team that make you sign declarations of software destruction before the reactivate your license. And yes, their company is focussed on Corporates, not individuals or home users. Only 3 deactivations are permitted over a period of time. I think it is 1 year but not very sure.

In mid 2012 I discovered Macrium Reflect and my SP/EaseUS licenses have remained unused ever since. Zero complaints and MR is very reliable.

Beaupeep, Sep 22, 2017
  8. fireberd Win User

+1 for Macrium. I used to use Acronis but it failed me, twice (nothing wrong with the backup file, the program had problems) and it didn't get a third chance. I have a paid version of Macrium Reflect.

fireberd, Sep 22, 2017
  9. RolandJS Win User
    "...Terabyte is not one of the most common tools..."
    Windows Secrets Lounge, Windows Secrets Lounge , has a poster named bbearen, who, amongst several others, can tell you quite a bit about their successes with Image for Windows/BootIt Bare Metal programs. I currently hold licenses on my three computers for IFW3, ATI16local, and MR7.

RolandJS, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Shadowprotect VS Macrium VS Terabyte - Similar Threads - Shadowprotect Macrium Terabyte

2. package vs application vs executable vs binary

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    package vs application vs executable vs binary: what is package, application, executable, binary? and what are the difference?Thanks,Mahendran. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/package-vs-application-vs-executable-vs-binary/5103d217-61af-4be5-bdbb-116537ab2b6e
  3. package vs application vs executable vs binary

in Windows 10 Gaming
    package vs application vs executable vs binary: what is package, application, executable, binary? and what are the difference?Thanks,Mahendran. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/package-vs-application-vs-executable-vs-binary/5103d217-61af-4be5-bdbb-116537ab2b6e
  4. package vs application vs executable vs binary

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Macrium Reflect - paid vs. free version...

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect - paid vs. free version...: About a week or so ago, I finally got the paid version of Macrium Reflect. Mainly for the Image Guardian that the paid version adds. Today I was testing, backing up and restoring from a USB stick (fast one). It works. However, I noticed that with the paid version, I also get...
  6. Macrium Reflect vs Acronis

Macrium Reflect vs Acronis: I have been using Acronis for many years but lately have not been sure of its reliability. I recently tried Macrium but I noticed a difference. With Acronis when I have restored the Windows OS I have "sanitized" the SSD that had the corrupted OS on it. Then Acronis would...
  7. cloning (not imaging) speed -- Macrium vs DD

cloning (not imaging) speed -- Macrium vs DD: Hi folks I'm talking about Cloning here not imaging which is a separate methodology and Macrium does perfectly with it (both performance and reliability wise). However on Cloning Macrium performs rather worse on Windows than using DD on most Linux systems fairly...
  8. AOMEI vs Macrium Reflect with BitLocker Encrypted drives

AOMEI vs Macrium Reflect with BitLocker Encrypted drives: Recently, I came across what I believe to be an unfortunate design limitation of AOMEI Backupper that seals the deal (IMHO) that Macrium overall is truly is the way to go. Out of curiosity, I recently decided to use AOMEI to backup my Win10 Pro BitLocker encrypted drive (for...
  9. Acronis True Image vs Macrium Reflect

Acronis True Image vs Macrium Reflect: I was toying with buying a copy of Acronis true Image now that it is on sale, but I figured I'd ask for some thoughts before doing so. Mainly, I'm looking for the ability to boot from CD/USB and create an image of a hard drive, for backup or recovery purposes. Then, if...
  10. Backup/Recovery tools - Acronis vs Macrium

Backup/Recovery tools - Acronis vs Macrium: Please forgive me for not reading the whole "Window 10 Recovery Tools" thread before posting this, but that's a very long thread. I am a long time user of Acronis True Image. Lately I've run into a few peculiarities that have me looking at alternatives. A number of people...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acronis vs therabyte

2. better than macrium reflect

3. macrium vs others

4. macrium vs storagecraft