Windows 10: Shadows/blurry text and streaks on Windows 10 PC. How do I fix this?

Discus and support Shadows/blurry text and streaks on Windows 10 PC. How do I fix this? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've watched a YouTube Video and a few other suggestion, tried the "adjust clear type text" and 'advanced system settings' option, also the scaling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Judie Laird, Nov 19, 2023.

1. Shadows/blurry text and streaks on Windows 10 PC. How do I fix this?

I've watched a YouTube Video and a few other suggestion, tried the "adjust clear type text" and 'advanced system settings' option, also the scaling settings, advanced scaling and so far nothing has changed the blurry text/shadows. Help!!!

:)

Judie Laird, Nov 19, 2023
  2. Joanne Win User

FIX | Windows 10 Blurry Text and Windows!

Excellent!! Shadows/blurry text and streaks on Windows 10 PC.  How do I fix this? :) *Biggrin

I have already discovered it a few minutes ago, I have applied it on my system and it has resolved the blurry text problem I was facing!

Here are a few screenshots after the application of this utility:

Shadows/blurry text and streaks on Windows 10 PC.  How do I fix this? 27686d1485953524t-fix-windows-10-blurry-text-windows-1.png

Shadows/blurry text and streaks on Windows 10 PC.  How do I fix this? 27687d1485953524t-fix-windows-10-blurry-text-windows-400.png

On the second screenshot you can see part of the Event Viewer window magnified at 400%. It looks GREAT!! Shadows/blurry text and streaks on Windows 10 PC.  How do I fix this? :)

From the site of this utility I have also learnt that the scaling of the text was functioning flawlessly even until Windows 8.1!! I come from Windows 7 Home Premium - never used 8 or 8.1 - and I was under the impression that Win 7 was the last OS in which text displayed sharply on High DPI monitors. It is a big disappointment to discover that Microsoft has messed this up SO badly in Windows 10.

Now, the only other thing I am eagerly expecting is someone to update or create a utility which will enable Group Policy on Windows 10 Home. Something like this. I have tried it - because I want to remove OneDrive completely- but even though it installs and runs, OneDrive does not appear on the list.

Thank you Shadows/blurry text and streaks on Windows 10 PC.  How do I fix this? :)

Joanne, Nov 19, 2023
  3. Text blurrying out casually?

Hi Alessio, welcome to the Microsoft community, my name is Bruno Leonel, I am happy to help you.

I understand that you're having issues with blurry text on your new monitor, and I'm really sorry about that. I will try to help you in the best possible way.

In some cases, the problem can be caused by a loose or faulty cable.

See if the cable is tight on the monitor and also on the computer. If the problem persists, consider replacing the cable.

I suggest initially that you try to perform the steps below:

Step 1

Use ClearType

Open the menu and search for "Adjust ClearType Text" and click trim to open.

Follow the steps on the screen that will open.

step 2

Click "Start Menu" and click "Settings" > "System".

In "System", click "Display", the option "Change the size of text, apps and other items", set it to 100%. If it already is, go to the next step.

step 3

Open Windows 10/11 search and type fix blurry apps. In the list of options, click Fix apps that are blurry settings.

This will open the Advanced Scaling Settings page.

You need to enable the toggle button behind 'Let Windows try to fix apps so they aren't blurry'

step 4

Update the video driver by the manufacturer.

Press Win + R keys and type MSinfo32.

Check the manufacturer and access the website, download the video driver and install it.

If you have an NVIDIA or RADEON graphics card, search for the card model and install the latest driver version.

If the answer helped in any way, please mark it as an answer, if your question has not been solved, please post again.

I hope I helped, see you later!

Bruno A. Leonel, Nov 19, 2023
  4. Shadows/blurry text and streaks on Windows 10 PC. How do I fix this?

Computer Text Blurry and Fuzzy on some points, ClearType did not fix it

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties as you are having a blurry and fuzzy text on your PC and we will surely look into this issue.
    We also appreciate your effort in providing a detail information about the issue.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Is this issue occurs on any specific apps or any folders/files?

Please help us with a screenshot of the blurry and fuzzy text on the PC.
    (Please follow the steps mentioned in the
    screenshot
    posted by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshots.) Do not share any personal information in the screenshots.

Meanwhile, please refer the steps as mentioned in this article:

Fix apps that appear blurry in Windows 10

As an additional information. Please refer this article:
    Windows scaling issues for high-DPI devices.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 19, 2023
Thema:

Shadows/blurry text and streaks on Windows 10 PC. How do I fix this?

1. Shadows/blurry text and streaks on Windows 10 PC. How do I fix this? - Similar Threads - Shadows blurry text

2. Shadows/blurry text and streaks on Windows 10 PC. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shadows/blurry text and streaks on Windows 10 PC. How do I fix this?: I've watched a YouTube Video and a few other suggestion, tried the "adjust clear type text" and 'advanced system settings' option, also the scaling settings, advanced scaling and so far nothing has changed the blurry text/shadows. Help!!!...
  3. Shadows/blurry text and streaks on Windows 10 PC. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shadows/blurry text and streaks on Windows 10 PC. How do I fix this?: I've watched a YouTube Video and a few other suggestion, tried the "adjust clear type text" and 'advanced system settings' option, also the scaling settings, advanced scaling and so far nothing has changed the blurry text/shadows. Help!!!...
  4. windows 10 Blurry text

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 Blurry text: Five years later, it is still there. management console blurry [img] [img] Blurry text I noticed that the edit bar of this website is also blurred [img] [img] - - - Updated - - - What has Microsoft been up to in the past five years? 164766
  5. Blurry text fix?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blurry text fix?: I have two monitors and this issue had started over the past few weeks. Whenever my mouse isn't on screen, that screen goes really blurry, when I move my mouse back over, the text corrects and goes clear again. Any ideas? submitted by /u/happyshelgob [link] [comments]...
  6. How to fix blurry text in windows 10 with multiple screens

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to fix blurry text in windows 10 with multiple screens: I have plugged a second screen into my laptop and now the text is blurry but only on the second screen. The laptop screen is at 125% The second monitor is 100% Having played around with all the display settings I still cannot get it to come right :( Note, issue did not...
  7. blurry text windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blurry text windows 10: I have had fuzzy blurry text since I changed my gpu I have reinstalled clean windows tried cleartype text make everything bigger option custom scaling reinstalled gpu driver uninstalled from device manager still no help even Microsoft support does not help they just say its...
  8. Gaming monitor blurry text - sort of - text shadowed behind

in Windows 10 Support
    Gaming monitor blurry text - sort of - text shadowed behind: Hi all, Just bought my first PC in a decade, and I find in some applications or menus the text is distractingly fuzzy. I have a gaming monitor, set my display to 144 hz - please bear in mind I hardly have any idea what I'm doing - and am using a DCI-D cable. It looks to...
  9. FIX | Windows 10 Blurry Text and Windows!

in Windows 10 Support
    FIX | Windows 10 Blurry Text and Windows!: I've searched through the web and I found this great tool that fixed the blurry text that I had after changing my scale to 125% in Windows 10. [img] Simply download the file from the following page, run it and and choose the Windows 8.1 DPI scaling option and the...
  10. Windows 10 Blurry Text

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Blurry Text: So I just got a fresh installation of Windows 10 64 bit on my Alienware 17 (2013) laptop. It was working perfectly fine until yesterday, when text in Microsoft Edge, the Start Menu, and in default Windows applications like Settings started becoming very blurry. The text seems...