Windows 10: shady hardware swap

Discus and support shady hardware swap in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently bought a Lenovo idea pad laptop. immediately after I lost the charging cord. I took laptop to a small tech shop to get a cord. the guy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by duped, Oct 10, 2018.

1. duped Win User

shady hardware swap

I recently bought a Lenovo idea pad laptop. immediately after I lost the charging cord.
    I took laptop to a small tech shop to get a cord. the guy plugged in 3 or 4 cords announced that my chaging port was bad and tht he would change it no charge.30 minute later he was still inside my laptop which was mysteriously rest to factory when he gave it back. I believe he may have swapped some hardware rather than replce the charging port. anyone know how I can tell without serial numbers ?

:)

duped, Oct 10, 2018

2. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Oct 10, 2018
  3. Johnny5 Win User
    Building Again

I just tried to swap the hard drive for the one you suggested keakar but i purchased rush processing so its already in step 3... *Big Grin shady hardware swap :D

Johnny5, Oct 10, 2018
  4. shady hardware swap

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

shady hardware swap

1. shady hardware swap - Similar Threads - shady hardware swap

2. Shady update Buisness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shady update Buisness: Windows, STOP controlling my PC. I am sick of the shady business conducted by your company. You give us the LIE that we can update our system WHEN we want, but then BEHIND our backs you fking have it update anyways.For 3 days now, I have unplugged my internet before bed...
  3. Shady update Buisness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shady update Buisness: Windows, STOP controlling my PC. I am sick of the shady business conducted by your company. You give us the LIE that we can update our system WHEN we want, but then BEHIND our backs you fking have it update anyways.For 3 days now, I have unplugged my internet before bed...
  4. Shady update Buisness

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows activation after hardware swap

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows activation after hardware swap: Switched out my motherboard. Windows claims that it isn't activated anymore. My windows key is tied to my account, which happens to be the only account on the system. Troubleshoot activation says I'm not connected to the internet. Turned off firewall to no success, then...
  6. Hardware swap windows key confusion.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hardware swap windows key confusion.: I'm using an HP 15-r011dx laptop and want to upgrade HDD to SSD so I'm confused that do I have to buy new windows or it'll take the key automatically. If it takes automatically how does it work? Do I download windows from the official website and install it from the...
  7. Windows 10 - disk swap to new hardware

Windows 10 - disk swap to new hardware: I had an old Dell Windows 10 upgraded from W7 which lost it's mouse and keyboard after a Windows update. I have used an existing alternative HP computer I believe that this has never even been started up before and transferred the hard disk across and booted it in. I was...
  8. Windows 10 activation after hardware swap

Windows 10 activation after hardware swap: Hello, I have recently swapped out most of my pc hardware and can no longer use my activation code and I have checked on the help pages and haven't found anything that has helped. Any suggestions?...
  9. BSOD after Hardware Swap

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after Hardware Swap: Hey, yesterday i swapped out my Intel I7 6700K and my Asus Hero VIII for an x570 Aorus Elite with an AMD Ryzen 5 3600X. After swapping Out the Hardware i got alot of Windows Crashes during boot or while doing something. But a few times i could use everything normally. I...
  10. WIndows Activation after Hardware Swap Fiasco

WIndows Activation after Hardware Swap Fiasco: Changed motherboards on computer using windows 10 pro Windows version was previously a windows 7 forced upgrade to windows 10. Swapped motherboard and followed activation instructions via virtual assistant and called support as prompted by virtual assistant. I've...