Windows 10: Shady update Buisness

Discus and support Shady update Buisness in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows, STOP controlling my PC. I am sick of the shady business conducted by your company. You give us the LIE that we can update our system WHEN we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bob Redliub, Feb 8, 2022.

1. Shady update Buisness

Windows, STOP controlling my PC. I am sick of the shady business conducted by your company. You give us the LIE that we can update our system WHEN we want, but then BEHIND our backs you fking have it update anyways.For 3 days now, I have unplugged my internet before bed because in the past my computer DESPITE BEING TURNED OFF has a mind of it's own thanks to Windows, it turns on without my permission and updates. And every night without fail I've woken up with my computer MAGICALLY on, but thankfully I've screwed over your stupid VIRUS system by unplugging my internet cable.What has happened

:)

Bob Redliub, Feb 8, 2022
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Coolermaster ... shady buisness

Not true, their initial filing did not have an immediate cease-and-desist. It had a cease-and-desist requirement in the event that AseTek won and CoolerMaster refused to pay the compensation ordered by the court. The cease-and-desist to AMD is related to the fact that CoolerMaster has not paid any of the court ordered licensing fees.

Except the patent show design drawing covering the concept and idea. That is why a patent for things like this is more than just words, they always require technical drawings of the idea.

No, the patent that was granted Nov 8th 2004, shows drawings of the pump integrated into the CPU cooling block. In the patent there are multiple drawings of what the patent is for. On figure 6 it shows the CPU block(labeled as #14) with the pump going inside of it(labeled as #21). Figure 8 shows the entire assembled liquid cooling system, with the block with the pump still labeled as #14. Further along figure 15 shows the block again, still labeled #14, with a different more integrated pump labeled #30. This pump design is more like what is in use today, even even shows the processor labeled as #1. Figure 16 shows the entire unit on the processor.

So, yeah, it does detail the pump being in the CPU cooling block.

AseTek's patent dates back to 2004, so reviews from 2010 aren't exactly proof of prior art. The patents listed in the case are all based on this 2004 patent, they even include the original drawings. US8240362 and US8245764 are both update patents. In the patent world you file update patents, you can do this every time you change your design or add something to it. 8245764 is actually the direct update to 8240362, and 8240362 is an update to 7971632, though not directly there are several updates in between the two. But that is why 8245764 still has the original drawings from the 2004 7971632. In a patent filing you usually only list the last two patents in the chain.

No, they created the patent to protect their idea. That is the purpose of a patent. If they wanted to stifle competition they wouldn't license the product out. But even if they did decide to keep the idea to themselves, and be the only manufacturer of it, that is their right. There are plenty of companies that do just that. Do you have any idea how many patents Intel has that they don't let anyone else use? That isn't a troll thing to do, that is how patents work. I've already told you what trolls do.

newtekie1, Feb 8, 2022
  3. Coolermaster ... shady buisness

After the pump noise desaster with the AMD Fury at launch, Coolermaster gets "creative" and tries to dump the old "faulty/noisy" units on GB.

As I'm not sure if this piece will be translated to english and appear on TH mainpage, that's why I'm posting this here.

Below are the links to the original german arcticle and google translate:

http://www.tomshardware.de/gigabyte...-master-pumpe-fiepen,testberichte-242013.html

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.tomshardware.de/gigabyte-gtx-980-ti-waterforce-cooler-master-pumpe-fiepen,testberichte-242013.html&edit-text=&act=url

My opinion:

I was never a Cooler Master fan the only exception being the 212 Hyper Evo which nowdays is past it's prime getting outclassed by the Be Quite Pure Rock at the same price point. But this is OCZ level of buisness practices, therefore I 'll cease to recommend CM products alltogether.

And GB ... well there QC never was that good when it comes to graphic cards with noise issues.

Folterknecht, Feb 8, 2022
  4. 3Colors Win User

Shady update Buisness

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Shady update Buisness :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 8, 2022
Thema:

Shady update Buisness

1. Shady update Buisness - Similar Threads - Shady update Buisness

2. why does the tech worlds have to be so shady?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does the tech worlds have to be so shady?: Hello, ......My name for this question is MSSG3_No.1 which represents Micro-soft Surface Go 3 _space Number Dot 1 for the number of devices I currently own. I am writing this question today in-leu of some serious issues I have been having with Microsoft and the networks that...
  3. White shady border around screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White shady border around screen: Hi, can anyone help me? When I turned on my laptop this morning it had a white shady/translucent border around the whole screen. I have tried updating the display drivers and graphics cards and it has not helped. My laptop is an Acer Swift Notebook SF314-42. It uses AMD...
  4. White shady border around screen

White shady border around screen: Hi, can anyone help me? When I turned on my laptop this morning it had a white shady/translucent border around the whole screen. I have tried updating the display drivers and graphics cards and it has not helped. My laptop is an Acer Swift Notebook SF314-42. It uses AMD...
  5. Shady update Buisness

Shady update Buisness: Windows, STOP controlling my PC. I am sick of the shady business conducted by your company. You give us the LIE that we can update our system WHEN we want, but then BEHIND our backs you fking have it update anyways.For 3 days now, I have unplugged my internet before bed...
  6. Shady update Buisness

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Shady update Buisness: Windows, STOP controlling my PC. I am sick of the shady business conducted by your company. You give us the LIE that we can update our system WHEN we want, but then BEHIND our backs you fking have it update anyways.For 3 days now, I have unplugged my internet before bed...
  7. Reseting pc after shady windows install

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reseting pc after shady windows install: Hello, I replaced my laptop ssd with a new one I bought at a local repair shop. All important data from the old one was transfered online. A person there unpacked, installed the new ssd in front of me and installed windows 10 from an ancient usb drive. The repair shop...
  8. White shady border around laptop screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    White shady border around laptop screen: Hello, I'm having problems with my laptop recently. Whenever I turn on my pc from sleep, hibernate, or restart, the screen remains black but the pc is on and working. I know this since the keyboard and power button is lit, and whenever I press the shift key multiple times,...
  9. shady hardware swap

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    shady hardware swap: I recently bought a Lenovo idea pad laptop. immediately after I lost the charging cord. I took laptop to a small tech shop to get a cord. the guy plugged in 3 or 4 cords announced that my chaging port was bad and tht he would change it no charge.30 minute later he was still...
  10. Inside the shady world of antivirus telemarketing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Inside the shady world of antivirus telemarketing: Unfortunately many people are falling for this scam. The agents are instructed to stick to a 13-page script. They ask callers whether they have an antivirus program installed. If they do, Zifka said, callers are usually told that whatever they’re using isn’t a...