Windows 10: Shaky Mouse

Discus and support Shaky Mouse in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I notice a few troubleshooting discussions about a shaky mouse. This just happened to me. I do not believe it is a virus unless you call Microsoft a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MaryannKirk, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Shaky Mouse

I notice a few troubleshooting discussions about a shaky mouse. This just happened to me.

I do not believe it is a virus unless you call Microsoft a virus or have to update your mouse, or uninstall your mouse, or run disk check, etc. The shaky mouse thing will happen when in personalization right click on desktop, a menu will come up and click on PERSONALIZE you have set THEMES to enable the dreadedAERO mouse. So. Click on THEMES, look at the window, and the 4th setting there written in the blue font will say "MOUSE CURSER" If it says AREO MOUSE, click on that and your mouse setting box will come up and force your curser to click on Windows Standard, and then force it to click on the arrow that you want and then force it to click on APPLY, it is hard because your mouse is resisting while your are trying to move it to the right setting. It may take several tries.

The computer I am working on is a Sony Vaio Laptop with touch screen is a 2013 model originally came with Windows 8 installed and upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. I changed the theme to a Microsoft Windows 10 theme, and did not notice that that theme comes with the mouse setting to AERO. You have to change that difficult when your mouse is shaking to just standard windows mouse settings.Windows 10 requires you "sign in" to your account again when you make a change to THEMES for the changes to take affect. So do a restart and sign back in to windows. The mouse thing will be cured, and you can continue on with your life as you once knew it.

:)

MaryannKirk, Mar 28, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Mouse lag

Hi Zbigniew,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Mouse and Touchpad Setting in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Change settings as per your requirement; click on Advance mouse options.
    • Change settings under Buttons, Points, Pointer options, Wheel.

Do let us know the performance to mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Wireless mouse "driver is unavailable" issues

Hi,

The error Driver is unavailable means that there is no available driver installed for your mouse that’s why it is not working. We suggest that you check the mouse driver from the device manager. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Mice and other pointing devices and click it to expand.
    • Check if there is a driver for the wireless mouse.

If there is none, we suggest that you visit the manufacturer’s website of the mouse and download then install the latest mouse driver compatible to Windows 10.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Shaky Mouse

mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Shaky Mouse

1. Shaky Mouse - Similar Threads - Shaky Mouse

2. Display becomes pixelated and shaky if I hold down the pen tool for more than 4 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display becomes pixelated and shaky if I hold down the pen tool for more than 4 seconds: I am having an issue with the pen tool when using it for a continuous stroke of longer than 4 seconds. The screen becomes pixelated, including the taskbar, until I let go of the pen or cursor. When connected to an external monitor it only affects the laptop screen and not the...
  3. Display becomes pixelated and shaky if I hold down the pen tool for more than 4 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display becomes pixelated and shaky if I hold down the pen tool for more than 4 seconds: I am having an issue with the pen tool when using it for a continuous stroke of longer than 4 seconds. The screen becomes pixelated, including the taskbar, until I let go of the pen or cursor. When connected to an external monitor it only affects the laptop screen and not the...
  4. Any app that finds unusable pics(blurry, shaky)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any app that finds unusable pics(blurry, shaky): There are apps that find duplicate photos. But are there any apps that can find unusable photos that are blurry, shaky. submitted by /u/00Turag [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mpipn1/any_app_that_finds_unusable_picsblurry_shaky/
  5. Windows 10 not showing correct monitor resolutions - also blurry and shaky (Lenovo...

Windows 10 not showing correct monitor resolutions - also blurry and shaky (Lenovo...: So I have one Lenovo L24q-30 monitor that is flickering and is ALSO blurry while connected to my work ThinkPad. The other L24q-30 is 100% okay. Both are connected through the ThinkPad USB-C Dock Gen 2. One is connected via an HDMI and the other is connected via a DisplayPort...
  6. Black Screen w/ Cursor + shaky screen that goes off and on randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen w/ Cursor + shaky screen that goes off and on randomly: This problem started a few months ago. When it first started, every time I entered my password into the start screen, it would lead me to a black screen w/ cursor. I left this problem alone for a while, and recently when I opened the computer back up, the start screen was...
  7. Black Screen W/ Cursor along with shaky screen and random screen going off and then back on.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black Screen W/ Cursor along with shaky screen and random screen going off and then back on.: This problem started a few months ago. When it first started, every time I entered my password into the start screen, it would lead me to a black screen w/ cursor. I left this problem alone for a while, and recently when I opened the computer back up, the start screen was...
  8. How to have backup WiFi kick in automatically with a shaky Ethernet connection?

How to have backup WiFi kick in automatically with a shaky Ethernet connection?: My normal internet connection has been dropping often before coming back - likely due to the increased bandwidth usage in the area. I play online poker and this can happen in the middle of pots, where I will end up timing out and losing real money. I can set up a mobile...
  9. Sorry for shaky video, does anyone know what’s wrong? When I open fortnite my taskbar...

Sorry for shaky video, does anyone know what’s wrong? When I open fortnite my taskbar...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/xElectroo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dpscuf/sorry_for_shaky_video_does_anyone_know_whats/
  10. Unusable notebook -Shaky login screen, shaky mouse, shaky everything

in Windows 10 Support
    Unusable notebook -Shaky login screen, shaky mouse, shaky everything: My friend's Lenovo notebook is completely useless. I don't even know how to start troubleshooting it. Windows 10 boots to a login screen that jumps all over the place. The mouse cursor jumps all over the place. It takes a dozen or more attempts to enter the login password....