Windows 10: Shame: Old Microsoft e-mail account live blackmail me for phone number!

Discus and support Shame: Old Microsoft e-mail account live blackmail me for phone number! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Old Microsoft e-mail account live blackmail me for phone number! I have Microsoft account from 2012. I am using it for two laptops like main account,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LadoDola, Aug 2, 2020.

1. LadoDola Win User

Shame: Old Microsoft e-mail account live blackmail me for phone number!

Old Microsoft e-mail account live blackmail me for phone number!

I have Microsoft account from 2012. I am using it for two laptops like main account, no too much mails because I have others, this one I was keeping clean and proper from spams, anywhere, I installed long time ago Microsoft Outlook, it is from 17.05.2020 offline, when I saw reason, Microsoft request my phone number which I of course will not give bcause I don't want to, it is kind of blackmail, if I don't give to Bill Gates phone number, I cannot have working Microsoft Office Outlook which I already paid to Bill Gates and my mail will not work. I will use Windows 10 Mail app, but cannot delete one third party account which I added so than I tried to use Microsoft Office Outlook, and it demand my phone number.

So my question will be, did I need to write directly to European Commision and informing and complaining to them how Microsoft try to blackmail EU citizens to get theors hands on our phone numbers or you guys will fix that and don't blackmail us for our phone numbers for old email accounts?

:)

LadoDola, Aug 2, 2020

2. Can the Mail Live Tile simply show the number of unread e-mails?

Hi,

This Mail Live Tile problem has bugged me for years... Unlike my phone icon which shows a number indicating the number of unread e-mails in my inbox (very straightforward), this Window app seems to insist on showing the number of newly arrived and unread e-mails since I last opened the app.

So I did a little experiment:

If I open one of the newly arrived e-mails with another device (thus making it 'read'), the live tile count will in fact decrease by 1.

But then I open another unread e-mail with that same device, but this e-mail has already arrived last time I used the Windows Mail app (are you still with me?), this time the live tile count remains unchanged.

Very confusing if u ask me. Can I do anything to let the live tile simply show the total number of unread e-mails period?

seemebreakthis, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Is there hope for me to have a safe Microsoft e-mail account?

I have a re-furbished Win10 Pro laptop coming in later this week.
    I will use a Microsoft account and EDGE as the default browser and the MSN “home page”
    --- On the Microsoft account, what choices can I consider?

The reason I’m asking is because on my Win10 desktop listed for my system specs I created a hotmail.com Microsoft account and it has had a ton of JUNK mail & I mean JUNK mail since day one. I signed up as a Win10 Insider but never got involved in it.
    --- I’ve never sent e-mails or created an address book in that account. I did read e-mails from Gabe Aul & the Windows Insider Team so I could try to keep up with Windows 10 progress.

With all of that said, I also have 2 Yahoo email accounts and don’t have any issues with either one and never did.

Even if I stay with hotmail.com on the laptop I’m getting, I just hope I won’t have all of those JUNK e-mail issues.
    I went to Microsoft Community for help to no avail.

Is there hope for me to have a safe Microsoft e-mail account?

MeAndMyComputer, Aug 2, 2020
  4. JackK Win User

Is there hope for me to have a safe Microsoft e-mail account?

Do you think Yahoo is safer than Hotmail ? well the last news of Yahoo don't say so !
    I have Hotmail about 10 years and I never had a problem with it .

JackK, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Shame: Old Microsoft e-mail account live blackmail me for phone number! - Similar Threads - Shame Old Microsoft

2. Microsoft Account still using old phone number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account still using old phone number: My Microsoft Account has my current phone number, and I deleted the old number, but when it constantly demands to send me a 'verification code' to my phone, it is still using the old number, which shouldn't even exist anymore. This is on top of the fact that they cannot even...
  3. Microsoft Account still using old phone number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Account still using old phone number: My Microsoft Account has my current phone number, and I deleted the old number, but when it constantly demands to send me a 'verification code' to my phone, it is still using the old number, which shouldn't even exist anymore. This is on top of the fact that they cannot even...
  4. Change of e-mail and chance of Microsoft account to be associated with e-mail instead of phone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change of e-mail and chance of Microsoft account to be associated with e-mail instead of phone.: Hi,I have two problems I need help with:1. I need to change the e-mail address of my Microsoft account. Normally this would be easy, but I seem to already have created a Microsoft account with this e-mail address. I don't remember it and I don't use it. This e-mail address,...
  5. Change of e-mail and chance of Microsoft account to be associated with e-mail instead of phone.

Change of e-mail and chance of Microsoft account to be associated with e-mail instead of phone.: Hi,I have two problems I need help with:1. I need to change the e-mail address of my Microsoft account. Normally this would be easy, but I seem to already have created a Microsoft account with this e-mail address. I don't remember it and I don't use it. This e-mail address,...
  6. Forgot my microsoft e-mail account with no recovery e-mail and phone number

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Forgot my microsoft e-mail account with no recovery e-mail and phone number: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad L-430 that i got from my workplace. Then I decided to upgrade from Win8.1 to Win10 I then register a microsoft account on it, but never put recovery e-mail and phone number on it because I was afraid that the laptop will return to my office with my...
  7. Forgot my microsoft e-mail account with no recovery e-mail and phone number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot my microsoft e-mail account with no recovery e-mail and phone number: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad L-430 that i got from my workplace. Then I decided to upgrade from Win10 to Win8.1. I then register a microsoft account on it, but never put recovery e-mail and phone number on it because I was afraid that the laptop will return to my office with my...
  8. Forgot my microsoft e-mail account with no recovery e-mail and phone number

Forgot my microsoft e-mail account with no recovery e-mail and phone number: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad L-430 that i got from my workplace. Then I decided to upgrade from Win10 to Win8.1. I then register a microsoft account on it, but never put recovery e-mail and phone number on it because I was afraid that the laptop will return to my office with my...
  9. Phone number to access E-Mail account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Phone number to access E-Mail account: I am trying to send an e-mail through my Hotmail account and a Microsoft box appears and asks to +Confirm your phone number". When I enter the number, it says that is not the correct number. How can I correct this? Thanks Phil...
  10. windows live 2012 e-mail account

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows live 2012 e-mail account: this picks up my messages from my provider, but suddenly is downloading all of my read and deleted posts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-2012-e-mail-account/fbfffd40-7dbc-4cff-acd6-99d8d66fc91d