Windows 10: Share a finding: A change in the way the system clock gets from Window

Discus and support Share a finding: A change in the way the system clock gets from Window in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Share a finding: A change in the way the system clock gets from Windows 8/Windows 10: As we know WinXP, Win7 computer system clock from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by conan52, Apr 1, 2020.

1. conan52 Win User

Share a finding: A change in the way the system clock gets from Window

Share a finding: A change in the way the system clock gets from Windows 8/Windows 10:

As we know WinXP, Win7 computer system clock from the motherboard CMOS clock (in the computer is not connected to the internet). Therefore, once the CMOS battery of the motherboard is dead, the clock may fail, and the system time will be found wrong after boot. Of course, Windows can connect to the Internet by synchronizing to the latest date and time.However, if it is a desktop computer, it will be found that the time is not right after the power is cut off, because CMOS cannot save the latest time of network updates after the power is cut off.

Since Windows 8, Microsoft should have set a timestamp for the system.This is the latest time saved in Windows (saved during the last normal shutdown).Even if the CMOS battery on the motherboard is dead, the clock has failed.After starting up and logging in, Windows will revert to the last time it was saved, even if it is not connected to the Internet.I think it should start from Win8. Many of Microsoft's applications are cloud-based, such as O365, which pays more attention to the correctness of the system's timing.

However, if the Win8/Win10 system does not shut down normally, such as through a direct power outage, the current time of the system will not be saved records.The next time you boot up, the recovery time can only be the time recorded in the last safe shutdown.

In addition, Win8/Win10 system should also do a time comparison, for example, the CMOS time than the system saved time update, the system will still take CMOS time, think CMOS time.

Questions: How Win8/Win10 system save the current time data? Is it possible to save without a reboot or a safe shutdown? Who knows this process detail? Can you share it? Thank you very much!

:)

conan52, Apr 1, 2020

2. Consistent change of clock time

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the time keeps on changing. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know the troubleshooting steps that you have performed.

I also suggest you to sync the time zone with internet time zone and check if it helps.

• Click on date and Time from the action bar.
    • Click on Add clocks for different time zone.
    • Click on Internet Time Tab.
    • Change according to your preference.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 2, 2020
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Share a finding: A change in the way the system clock gets from Window - Similar Threads - Share finding change

2. Clock App Not Syncing with System Clock

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Clock App Not Syncing with System Clock: Alarm in Clock App is not synchronizing with system clock. Set alarm for 3:00 pm for Saturday on Saturday morning and alarm will sound 1 day late On Sunday. System clock is correctly set with appropriate date and time zone. System is Win 10 Pro, 21H2 Build 19044.1889, Feature...
  3. Clock App Not Syncing with System Clock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clock App Not Syncing with System Clock: Alarm in Clock App is not synchronizing with system clock. Set alarm for 3:00 pm for Saturday on Saturday morning and alarm will sound 1 day late On Sunday. System clock is correctly set with appropriate date and time zone. System is Win 10 Pro, 21H2 Build 19044.1889, Feature...
  4. Clock App Not Syncing with System Clock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 -- No reliable way to get file sharing to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 -- No reliable way to get file sharing to work: File sharing worked before the Win11 upgrade. I have tried every solution I have found online except for the ones that involve registry editing to get file sharing to work again. Shares occasionally appear and then go back to being things that Windows cannot locate. I have...
  6. Windows 11 -- No reliable way to get file sharing to work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 -- No reliable way to get file sharing to work: File sharing worked before the Win11 upgrade. I have tried every solution I have found online except for the ones that involve registry editing to get file sharing to work again. Shares occasionally appear and then go back to being things that Windows cannot locate. I have...
  7. system clock is behind

in Windows 10 Support
    system clock is behind: Hello friends! I have a computer where the system clock is like 5-10 min behind. My computer has no issue, and is the same Window disc that is used to installed but with diffrent KEY! What can cause this? WIN VERSION: 20H2 Build: 19042.746 173982
  8. Best way to share files from Windows to a MacBook?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best way to share files from Windows to a MacBook?: Hi guys, I'd like to make a shared folder on my windows laptop and a shared folder macbook so I can share files between each. Is there a good method or tutorial you'd suggest for setting this up? submitted by /u/wozmatic [link] [comments]...
  9. clock view changed from hh:mm to mm:hh

in Windows 10 Customization
    clock view changed from hh:mm to mm:hh: hi! latelly my clock view have been changed from hh:mm view to mm:hh view. everything else work fine, tho - the time is correct and when i'm hit the clock icon with the mouse - the pop-up window shows the time in hh:mm:ss form. anyone know how do i fix that? here, a...
  10. system clock time

in Windows 10 Customization
    system clock time: is it possible in windows 10 to set the clock to synchronize with the internet time more frequently? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/system-clock-time/b40fa7a4-0622-48b7-b528-57ecc7332610