Windows 10: Share a photo album with ONLY family microsoft accounts

Discus and support Share a photo album with ONLY family microsoft accounts in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Back in the day, I was able to share photos with my family using onedrive. It let me select their Microsoft Account and select view or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by XR219, Jun 19, 2019.

1. XR219 Win User

Share a photo album with ONLY family microsoft accounts

Hi everyone,

Back in the day, I was able to share photos with my family using onedrive. It let me select their Microsoft Account and select view or edit. I've tried to do this with a photo album tonight, but the only option seems to be to share it with a link... i.e. no security (its public for anyone who gets hold of the link)

Am I missing something? This seems incredible that Office Home (with Premium OneDrive storage) will not allow secure sharing of family photos. I see apple let you create a family album and share it only with those in your family group, but crucially, they authenticate the access.

Can someone tell me if secure sharing has been removed? (p.s. I know you can add a password, but that's not what I'm looking for, I want the kids to be able to see the album in their OneDrive by using the Microsoft account on their device and not some stupid password.)

Any help appreciated,

Thanks.

:)

XR219, Jun 19, 2019
  2. XR219 Win User

Hi everyone,

Back in the day, I was able to share photos with my family using onedrive. It let me select their Microsoft Account and select view or edit. I've tried to do this with a photo album tonight, but the only option seems to be to share it with a link... i.e.
    no security (its public for anyone who gets hold of the link)

Am I missing something? This seems incredible that Office Home (with Premium OneDrive storage) will not allow secure sharing of family photos. I see apple let you create a family album and share it only with those in your family group, but crucially, they
    authenticate the access.

Can someone tell me if secure sharing has been removed? (p.s. I know you can add a password, but that's not what I'm looking for, I want the kids to be able to see the album in their OneDrive by using the Microsoft account on their device and not some stupid
    password.)

Any help appreciated,

Thanks.

XR219, Jun 26, 2019
  3. XR219 Win User

Hi Andre,

thanks for the quick reply. Thats the problem. Its an open share for anyone who has the link. In the past i could select my family members and add them. They would have to authenticate with their respective Microsoft accounts in order to view.

This is now sharing the content with a link which may as well be posted on a public forum. ( onedrive, like other file sharing services) is constantly trawled by bots for open links and posted in unsavoury places. Not really suitable for sharing family photos.

XR219, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Share a photo album with ONLY family microsoft accounts

Windows 10 Photo app. How to send or share Albums to Facebook?

Just started playing with Photos app Wndows 10.

Learned how to make my own albums and choose cover page and title the album.

Want to share, or send, to Facebook.

Already know how to make albums on Facebook.

Thought, perhaps wrongly, I could make albums in Photo app

Then send or share to FB.

When I try to share a single photo from Photo App, there's a "share" button on the task bar

Click that, it says, get an app from the store

Went through those steps to choose a FB app, closed, shut down, restarted.

Still not able to share from Photo App.

Suggestions welcome.

Thank you.

Karuna Jai, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Share a photo album with ONLY family microsoft accounts - Similar Threads - Share photo album

2. DELETE FAMILY SHARING MICROSOFT ACCOUNT.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    DELETE FAMILY SHARING MICROSOFT ACCOUNT.: DELETE FAMILY SHARING MICROSOFT ACCOUNT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-family-sharing-microsoft-account/6cfaa671-9c73-46bb-a6dc-0ba002889acf
  3. DELETE FAMILY SHARING MICROSOFT ACCOUNT.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DELETE FAMILY SHARING MICROSOFT ACCOUNT.: DELETE FAMILY SHARING MICROSOFT ACCOUNT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-family-sharing-microsoft-account/6cfaa671-9c73-46bb-a6dc-0ba002889acf
  4. DELETE FAMILY SHARING MICROSOFT ACCOUNT.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Account and family sharing issues

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account and family sharing issues: My son originally set-up an Xbox profile using his mothers email address. Subsequently, having grown he has a laptop and has also played xbox games on it. Following the setup of family sharing for him and his brother, we have ended up a complete mess. His younger brother...
  6. Sharing Photo Album

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing Photo Album: I would like to send an album from Photos to someone so they can download the photos and create a photobook, mixing them with pictures they already have. Is this possible?. Please help! This is for an 88th birthday present....
  7. Sharing photo albums

Sharing photo albums: I am using microsoft photos on my pc and would like to share the albums I've worked on with my icloud drive, but I'm not sure how to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-photo-albums/b64e0185-64e1-438c-bcc5-0058bf0878ad
  8. Microsoft photos - photos of icons appearing in albums

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft photos - photos of icons appearing in albums: Hi My Dad has a computer running Windows 10, he has noticed that over the last month or so he has icons and desktop backgrounds appearing randomly in his photo albums eg spotify, twitter, padlock icons. He has not used this icons as he does not have social media or music...
  9. Can't find source photos for a shared album on Google Photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't find source photos for a shared album on Google Photos: I few months ago I uploaded photos to an album in my Google Photos account (on my PC Windows 10), then shared that album. I tried going back into that album today and could not find either the photos or the album. However, I can still view the photos via the shared link...
  10. Photo App Album sharing

Photo App Album sharing: Hello, I am running Windows 10 Home, version 1803. I want to share an Album, using the Photo App.: 1) I click on "Share Album"; 2) I click on "copy a link"; 3) I get the answer "Link copied to clipboard" QUESTION: where/how do I find the "clipboard"on a Windows 10,...