Windows 10: Share a Windows scanner with MacOS, Linux, Android

Discus and support Share a Windows scanner with MacOS, Linux, Android in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been working on a solution to share a Windows scanner with MacOS, Linux and Android. I have nearly competed the project for basic scanning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by markosjal, Jul 16, 2021.

1. markosjal Win User

Share a Windows scanner with MacOS, Linux, Android

I have been working on a solution to share a Windows scanner with MacOS, Linux and Android. I have nearly competed the project for basic scanning functionality and now and would like to find people who can test. If you have a working scanner on your Windows computer (Windows 7 though 10) and have the need to sometimes scan from Linux, MacOS or Android , this may be the solution for you. It will not share a scanner from Windows to Windows unless there is a generic eSCL scanner driver for "Driverless Scanning" on Windows that I am unaware of. Linux, MacOS and Android can all use "Driverless Scanning" which is effectively how I share the Windows Scanner with this solution Aside from the PHP code I have you will need: XAMPP for Windows Download XAMPP (built and tested with PHP 8)) CMDTwain CmdTwain - Help Bonjour Print Services for Windows Download Bonjour Print Services for Windows v2.0.2 (only needed if conectitng to a Mac or need Automatic Detection on Android or Linux) Please contact me if you would like to help improve this product. There is no cost and the program will most likely be open source or freeware

:)

markosjal, Jul 16, 2021
  2. bobkn Win User

Win 10 does not recognize scanner

I hesitate to suggest this, because it's far from free ($40/$80 for standard/pro), but Vuescan has your scanner on its supported list:

VueScan Scanner Software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux

bobkn, Jul 16, 2021
  3. I want to install operating system MacOS, Linux up virtual machine Virtualbox. Please let me know where to download the MacOS, Linux

I want to install operating system MacOS, Linux up virtual machine Virtualbox. Please let me know where to download the MacOS, Linux

I have searching for MacOS, Linux on websites but I do not know which web site safe to download. Please thank you

Thao Nguyen998, Jul 16, 2021
  4. Silverel Win User

Guide: How to enable, use, and configure SLI on Linux.

I guess the next logical step would be to report on the performance you can get with SLI in Linux. That'd be my suggestion anyway.

Silverel, Jul 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Share a Windows scanner with MacOS, Linux, Android - Similar Threads - Share scanner MacOS

2. VirtualBox macOS, Windows, Android, and Linux for Windows 95

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VirtualBox macOS, Windows, Android, and Linux for Windows 95: What is the compatible VirtualBoxs macOS, Windows, Android, and Linux for Windows 95? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtualbox-macos-windows-android-and-linux-for/9e381214-e5bc-46b5-bd34-d8d8c11e8fcb
  3. VirtualBox macOS, Windows, Android, and Linux for Windows 95

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VirtualBox macOS, Windows, Android, and Linux for Windows 95: What is the compatible VirtualBoxs macOS, Windows, Android, and Linux for Windows 95? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtualbox-macos-windows-android-and-linux-for/9e381214-e5bc-46b5-bd34-d8d8c11e8fcb
  4. FILE SHARING - SCANNER ISSUE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FILE SHARING - SCANNER ISSUE: I'm posting this issue with my new printer on this board in hopes that the issues described below are related to Windows settings. I spoke with Canon tech support for 2 hours but the issues couldn’t be resolved. As is typical, the rep said I had to contact Microsoft.I have...
  5. An unofficial Google Assistant client for Linux/macOS/Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    An unofficial Google Assistant client for Linux/macOS/Windows: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SubhanRaj [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/nlyonk/an_unofficial_google_assistant_client_for/
  6. Google Chrome will soon get faster on Windows, Linux and macOS

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome will soon get faster on Windows, Linux and macOS: Last year Google introduced support for “back-forward cache” on Android, which enables instantaneous page loading when users navigate using backward or forward button. As per a new document spotted by us, Google Chrome 92 update will also enable default support for...
  7. Destroyed macOS, Linux Partition by Windows Installation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Destroyed macOS, Linux Partition by Windows Installation: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ritzcarltn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jv19dj/destroyed_macos_linux_partition_by_windows/
  8. network sharing of scanner in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    network sharing of scanner in Windows 10: I have a home network with five computers on it. I have one scanner and want to share it with all computers. I can find instructions that work for sharing files with all devices, and also printers, but nothing seems to work for sharing a device that is not a file or a...
  9. Windows 10 market share drops as macOS, Linux record growth

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 market share drops as macOS, Linux record growth: The market share of Windows 10 declined in April 2020, with Ubuntu, Linux and macOS the top operating systems to benefit from this decline. Windows 7, on the other hand, also declined in the latest report, which makes sense given it no longer receives security patches. While...
  10. Can't connect to shared external USB from Linux/Android,can from Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect to shared external USB from Linux/Android,can from Win10: I've got a weird one that I can't seem to solve. I have a Windows 10 Home desktop with a permanently attached external USB HD. The internal drives are share from with everyone privileges at a folder level and a drive level (for testing). Homegroup is turned off...