Windows 10: share all files between 2 pc's on the same private LAN

Discus and support share all files between 2 pc's on the same private LAN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a desktop PC and a mobile PC, both have the latest version of windows 10, on both I use the same microsoft account for login. After much... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ajnstein, Sep 7, 2019.

1. ajnstein Win User

share all files between 2 pc's on the same private LAN

I have a desktop PC and a mobile PC, both have the latest version of windows 10, on both I use the same microsoft account for login.

After much fiddling with sharing settings both are able to see each other again,

but there are no persmissions to acces files or folders.

I tried changing permissions of the entire hard drives so anyone has full acces, to no avail.

This was done on both computers.

both computers can see the shared folders in the Network area, but no acces is granted.

This function used to work on and off the last 3 years, untill the home group disappeared.

How can I fix this?

Many thanks for any insights!

:)

ajnstein, Sep 7, 2019

2. PC Networking/Sharing on Private Network

We have latest Windows 10 on 3 PC's in our home. They are all connected to the same wifi secure connection. I've configured all 3 for sharing over a private network but have not been able to access the other PC's. I can see one of the computers but
    it is saying that I don't have permissions to access, to contact my administrator (that's actually me and I'm listed as administrator). This networking worked well with homegroup in earlier versions but since Windows 10 update I have no longer been able to
    network and open files on other PC's. I would think this would be much easier in Windows 10. Does anyone have any suggestions to make this work? Thanks in advance.

ToddStaple, Sep 7, 2019
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Android to PC file Share - Security at risk

Hello Anuj Indoria,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To address the issue, kindly help us with the following questions.

1. If the computer is connected via cable, may I know how the phone is connected to the computer?
    2. If the computer is connected via Wi-Fi, may I know how the phone is connected to the computer?
    3. When you connect the computer via Wi-Fi, will it asks for the Wi-Fi credentials or the computer credentials?
    I would recommend you to check with the below suggestions and see if it works.

Method 1: Turn on password protected sharing.

If the password protected sharing is on, only people who have a user account and password on that computer can access shared files attached to that computer and the Public folders. To restrict other people access, you must turn on password protected sharing.
    To do that

• Go to search window and type Managed advanced sharing settings and click on it.
    • Click the down arrow on the right of All Networks to expand the settings.
    • Select Turn on password protected sharing from the list and click on
      Save changes.

Method 2: Create a shared folder.

You can share files between your android and PC and keep it encrypted by creating a shared folder from the following steps.

• Create a shared folder and assign a name to it.
    • In ES File Explorer on your phone, hit the globe icon which is on the upper-left corner and navigate the network - LAN.
    • Click Search on the menu from the bottom to search for networks (Make sure to connect the phone and PC till you get the IP Address of your PC).
    • Click the icon and add your Username and Password.
    • After creating a shared folder, you can easily add sharing files back and forth using ES File explorer.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Sep 7, 2019
  4. xBruce88x Win User

Help with LAN

your files are probably set to private on the desktop since it had a password, hence you can't browse them from the laptop. you may have to add you laptop to the permissions list or move the files to the shared folder, or manually share the folders that contain the files you want to access.

xBruce88x, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

1. share all files between 2 pc's on the same private LAN - Similar Threads - share files between

2. share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet: I have a PC at home connected by ethernet to a router. This shows as Network 5 in Network and Sharing Centre.I have another PC in another room connected via ethernet to the same router. This shows as Network 2 In its Network and Sharing Centre. I've tried everything I can...
  3. share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet: I have a PC at home connected by ethernet to a router. This shows as Network 5 in Network and Sharing Centre.I have another PC in another room connected via ethernet to the same router. This shows as Network 2 In its Network and Sharing Centre. I've tried everything I can...
  4. share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sharing folders and files between two PC's on the same network

Sharing folders and files between two PC's on the same network: I have two computers on my LAN. Desktop is Homeuser-pc. Laptop is User-pc. I can access shared Homeuser-pc files from User-pc. I can’t access User-pc files from Homeuser-pc. I have pinged both computers from the other and parcels have been received. I have shared all of my...
  6. File sharing between 2 computers

File sharing between 2 computers: File sharing between 2 computers used to be easy when Homegroup was available! How do I file/folder share between 2 computers using Windows 10? If I right click on a folder> Give Access to > Homegroup is not accessible. If I select "specific people" > Add it tells me this...
  7. Sharing a folder on home private LAN

Sharing a folder on home private LAN: On my private LAN I want to share documents on system A with system B. System A's File Explorer shows that the Network folder displays both systems listed first is system B - as DESKTOP-FLKD0I5, then system A as DESKTOP-NG6EJEC. That's all. In system A's File Explorer I...
  8. Use Remote Desktop to share 2 displays between 2 PC's on same desk?

Use Remote Desktop to share 2 displays between 2 PC's on same desk?: I'm trying to figure out a way for 2 PC's to share 2 Displays. I had thought that maybe there might be an HDMI switch or splitter I could configure and posted my question in the Graphics Cards forum here that is not getting any responses. But in my online searching I came...
  9. Use Remote Desktop to share 2 displays between 2 PC's on same desk?

in Windows 10 Support
    Use Remote Desktop to share 2 displays between 2 PC's on same desk?: I'm trying to figure out a way for 2 PC's to share 2 Displays. I had thought that maybe there might be an HDMI switch or splitter I could configure and posted my question in the Graphics Cards forum here that is not getting any responses. But in my online searching I came...
  10. LAN problem between 2 PC's

LAN problem between 2 PC's: Both upgrated to windows 10, one HOME and one PRO. Windows 10 HOME is on a local account Windows 10 Pro is on a Microsoft account. Private and All net-settings are the same on both PC's From the HOME I can access the PRO while typing the login settings for the PRO...