Windows 10: share button is gone

Discus and support share button is gone in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Looks like there was a new update. My share button is gone in all browsers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by beachbliss, Oct 20, 2018.

1. share button is gone

Looks like there was a new update. My share button is gone in all browsers

:)

beachbliss, Oct 20, 2018

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Oct 20, 2018
  3. Share button is gray in Windows 10

Hi,

I do appreciate your efforts and time, and will assist you with the issue.

• Are you trying to share from an Admin account? Because the share option might be greyed out due to administrative privileges.

Method 1

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type This PC in the search bar and hit enter.

• Right click on a drive you want to share.

• Select share with.

• Select Advanced sharing.

• Check the box share this folder and click on permissions.

• Set permissions according to you and click on
      apply and ok.

If the issue still prissiest, try Method 2,

Method 2

• Open an elevated command prompt. (Right click on start button and select command prompt admin)

• Type takeown /U %username% /F %USERPROFILE% /R /SKIPSL (You may also need the /P <password>

• Once that completes type cacls %USERPROFILE% /T /E /G %USERNAME%:F

This should force you to be the owner of everything in your profile and grant you full access.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Oct 20, 2018
  4. share button is gone

Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

share button is gone

1. share button is gone - Similar Threads - share button gone

2. Share button issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Share button issue: The share button in the explorer details pane is activating when I press the spacebar to use quicklook. Can I stop this behaviour? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/share-button-issue/39b6c059-9e64-4936-83b2-f1eccd303787
  3. Share button issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Share button issue: The share button in the explorer details pane is activating when I press the spacebar to use quicklook. Can I stop this behaviour? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/share-button-issue/39b6c059-9e64-4936-83b2-f1eccd303787
  4. Bluetooth On and Off button is Gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth On and Off button is Gone: It has been 3 months and i still cant connect ANY bluetooth devices i have watched around 80+ tutorials in youtube and NONE of them works, i tried uninstalling, updating, disabling and all of it doesnt work please help me and also i cannot find bluetooth on Device Manager.I...
  5. Bluetooth button completely gone.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth button completely gone.: Hey. So I turned on my laptop this evening, I go to turn on my headphones wireless, and the bluetooth on and off button is just completely gone. I've tried re-installing the driver or whatever, but it still doesn't work. Is there any way to fix it?...
  6. Bluetooth button completely gone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth button completely gone.: Hey. So I turned on my laptop this evening, I go to turn on my headphones wireless, and the bluetooth on and off button is just completely gone. I've tried re-installing the driver or whatever, but it still doesn't work. Is there any way to fix it?...
  7. Meet Now button Gone!!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Meet Now button Gone!!!!: Meet Now button gone after an update. It was Enabled. It is enabled in Gpedit.MSC but gone from taskbar!!! It was present when I installed windows 10 until the first cumulative update? I have restarted also so that it comes. 2 times I have done a clean install and last time...
  8. Onedrive share options are gone

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Onedrive share options are gone: Hello. I have win10 64bit home. I use the OneDrive app I got from the MS store. I have just seen that any and all "Share" and "get link" options are gone. Why? Now I can only generate a link and share via a web browser when I go to OneDrive through my outlook/hotmail...
  9. Bluetooth on/off button gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth on/off button gone: I need help. My bluetooth on/off button is no where to be found in my settings but I can still see the paired devices. I went into my device manager and I don't see bluetooth anywhere. Not sure what happened or how to fix this....
  10. chat button gone?

in Windows 10 Customization
    chat button gone?: 1. [ATTACH] In the get help app, the chat button is gone? I used to be able to chat an "advisor" 2. Clicking the windows button just greys the button out and moves the cursor to the search box? Random other buttons also don't such as the action center button bottom...