Windows 10: Share C drive

Discus and support Share C drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a second drive connected and can share that When I try to share the C drive or any folders on that drive it says you do not have permission to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by trickyrick, May 9, 2020.

1. Share C drive

I have a second drive connected and can share that
    When I try to share the C drive or any folders on that drive it says
    you do not have permission to access
    Y can I share other drives on that comp but not the C drive
    Thanks
    Rick

:)

trickyrick, May 9, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, May 9, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• Are you connected to Domain network?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R, type fsmgmt.msc.
    • Select Shares and right click on C$.
    • Select Stop Sharing.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 9, 2020
  4. Share C drive

Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Share C drive

1. Share C drive - Similar Threads - Share drive

2. What password does Windows 11 want for shared drives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What password does Windows 11 want for shared drives?: I am trying to set up shared drives on my WORKGROUP, but after one of the latest Windows updates, it has started asking for us for a username and password to access other computers on the network. That is fine, except it rejects correct passwords. We tried the computer user's...
  3. What password does Windows 11 want for shared drives?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What password does Windows 11 want for shared drives?: I am trying to set up shared drives on my WORKGROUP, but after one of the latest Windows updates, it has started asking for us for a username and password to access other computers on the network. That is fine, except it rejects correct passwords. We tried the computer user's...
  4. Difficulty Accessing Shared Network Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difficulty Accessing Shared Network Drive: Hi there, I'm having trouble accessing a shared network drive from my work computer. Every time I try to connect, I receive an error message stating that the drive cannot be found. I've double-checked the network settings and ensured that I have the correct permissions. Could...
  5. Difficulty Accessing Shared Network Drive

Difficulty Accessing Shared Network Drive: Hi there, I'm having trouble accessing a shared network drive from my work computer. Every time I try to connect, I receive an error message stating that the drive cannot be found. I've double-checked the network settings and ensured that I have the correct permissions. Could...
  6. Server shared drive not searching file contents within .xlsx files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Server shared drive not searching file contents within .xlsx files: A user reported an issue where they couldn't use the search function to search within a shared drive they connected to.I have tried various steps including indexing options, and other file types.Within indexing options, I noticed the .xlsx file type was missing from the list....
  7. Server shared drive not searching file contents within .xlsx files

Server shared drive not searching file contents within .xlsx files: A user reported an issue where they couldn't use the search function to search within a shared drive they connected to.I have tried various steps including indexing options, and other file types.Within indexing options, I noticed the .xlsx file type was missing from the list....
  8. Server shared drive not searching file contents within .xlsx files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Sharing Mapped Drive over Network Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing Mapped Drive over Network Windows 10: Hello. I have searched hundreds of articles it feels like. I've tried regedit, services, network settings for file share, right click to add permissions, etc. so here is there scenario. I have 3 computers+ a workstation at home. My workstation runs 24/7 for a game server +...
  10. Sharing Mapped Drive over Network Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing Mapped Drive over Network Windows 10: Hello. I have searched hundreds of articles it feels like. I've tried regedit, services, network settings for file share, right click to add permissions, etc. so here is there scenario. I have 3 computers+ a workstation at home. My workstation runs 24/7 for a game server +...