Windows 10: Share desktop DVD Drive with Laptop

Discus and support Share desktop DVD Drive with Laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The DVD drive on my laptop died. I often play games like Monopoly on my laptop while watching TV, but they require the DVD in the drive (which doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MadDoctor61, May 8, 2019.

1. Share desktop DVD Drive with Laptop

The DVD drive on my laptop died. I often play games like Monopoly on my laptop while watching TV, but they require the DVD in the drive (which doesn't work). Can I share the DVD drive on my desktop with the laptop. I'd put the Monopoly disk in the desktop, re-install from there to the laptop, then play on the laptop.

:)

MadDoctor61, May 8, 2019
  2. Toothless Win User

Connect a Laptop based DVD Drive to a Desktop

Sata is sata, I used 2.5" laptop drives in my desktop so I don't see why a DVD drive won't work.

Toothless, May 8, 2019
  3. laptop DVD drive not appearing on windows?

Well my cousin is coming down soon with his laptop to get his DVD drive fixed because on my computers his DVD drive isn't appeared on the list,he can eject his DVD drive but it doesn't appear on windows..anyone know how to fix this?? would entering bios help?? would i be able to format it?

kurosagi01, May 8, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Share desktop DVD Drive with Laptop

network default administrative shares not being generated for CD/DVD drive

Hi,

Conflicts with the device drivers is one of the possible reasons why you are having issues access the shared CD/DVD drive. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • May we know the operating system of the computer that the shared CD/DVD drive is connected?
    • Have you tried uninstalling the CD/DVD drive driver?

Regards.

Eric Ber, May 8, 2019
Thema:

Share desktop DVD Drive with Laptop

1. Share desktop DVD Drive with Laptop - Similar Threads - Share desktop DVD

2. Sharing a drive on a desktop with a laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing a drive on a desktop with a laptop: HELP! I am trying to share a drive containing folders and files on our desktop to a laptop. I have setup the drive, folder, and files to be shared; I have not required a password; etc. Yet, I either get errors saying 1 I need credentials yet without telling me EXACTLY what...
  3. Sharing a drive on a desktop with a laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sharing a drive on a desktop with a laptop: HELP! I am trying to share a drive containing folders and files on our desktop to a laptop. I have setup the drive, folder, and files to be shared; I have not required a password; etc. Yet, I either get errors saying 1 I need credentials yet without telling me EXACTLY what...
  4. Dvd drive issue in laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dvd drive issue in laptop: I can't use my DVD drive in laptop. It doesn't open. I can't read or burn anything through the drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive-issue-in-laptop/d09630f0-a506-49f9-8038-e69a973afcee
  5. New Desktop is sharing with my laptop and laptop sharing with desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Desktop is sharing with my laptop and laptop sharing with desktop: Everything from Steam games, homework assignments, and pictures are being shared between my two computers. I'm a full time student and I just purchased a PC for gaming. I've had my laptop for a couple years now and since getting my gaming PC, everything on my laptop including...
  6. Unable to Share DVD Drives

Unable to Share DVD Drives: I set up a private home network last week between two desktop computers, and all of my selected folders have been shared successfully between the two, however both computers will not allow me access to the other's DVD drive. Everything with with them has been set up exactly...
  7. Desktop and Laptop lose sharing

Desktop and Laptop lose sharing: I have two Windows 10 machines: a desktop running 1909 18363.657 and a laptop running 1909 18363.592. If both machines are re-started at the same time, the machines can share files and the laptop can print to the printer connected to the desktop. But, when I close the lid on...
  8. Laptop DVD Drive will not close!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop DVD Drive will not close!!: So many many months ago my DVD drive stopped working.. It just did not open no matter how many times I pressed the button on the side. It also never opened when right clicking and selecting Eject on the D: DVD drive option in Devices & Drives. But a few days ago, I searched...
  9. DVD Drive icon on Desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD Drive icon on Desktop: How do I det to put the icon for my DVD drive on the desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive-icon-on-desktop/640126c0-c886-4bf3-9df8-ee34e5cacb63
  10. Folders shared but desktop no longer seeing laptop's drive

Folders shared but desktop no longer seeing laptop's drive: I have three computers, main desktop, backup old desktop, and laptop. I had a guy come and set up sharing so they'd see each other. However, the main desktop has stopped seeing the laptop. When I turn on the laptop and it connects to the network, it can see the other two...